“Lots of chocolate stuff to taste”
Review of Choco Museo

Lima Miraflores ChocoMuseo: Mini Workshop
Ranked #34 of 333 things to do in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Are you a chocolate lover? Come and live a chocolate experience at ChocoMuseo Lima! In our chocolate museum you will taste the best artisanal chocolate, made with natural ingredients and 100% Peruvian! Get ready to make your own chocolate in our Chocolate Workshops and taste the best of our coffee and chocolate in our Cafe.
Calgary
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lots of chocolate stuff to taste”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We didn't really know what to expect from a chocolate museum but we were pretty happy with what they offer. The staff were really friendly and let us try lots of prepared chocolate, plus raw cocoa beans, cocoa husk tea (delish!) and even 5 different flavours of pisco. We opted to do the chocolate-making class, which lasted about an hour and we learned about tempering chocolate, and even made our own chocolates. It's well worth the (low) price to do it.
As far as being educated about chocolate, the museum doesn't offer too much, just the basics.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Chocolate-what's not to like?”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had an unexpected day in Lima. I hadn't done any research before hand and needed some activities for the day. I also wanted to get around just by walking. Traffic in Lima seemd to always be a challenge. So, with some info from the hotel, I managed to put together a walking tour in the Miraflores section of Lima. I arrived here after lunch and was greeted promptly. After my faltering attempts at Spanish, the young man who greeted me switched to English. I had a cup of chocolate tea and watched the video about chocolate production. And of course I shopped. The chocolate was excellent quality and good chocolate is NOT cheap! There was a problem with my credit card so I had to go get cash from an ATM. They held my items until I returned with cash. Is this a serious museum, not exactly. Is it a warm, friendly place to shop for a Peruvian product, yes. Recipients of goodies from my visit to ChocoMuseo Lima were happy I went.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AuntieFlo
Alliston
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Joy of Chocolate”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I visited the ChocoMuseo on impulse, and ended up staying for lunch, touring the factory, meeting some wonderfully enthusiastic staff, and taking away delicious memories, thanks to the unique flavors of chocolate that can be selected to make up personalized packages.
This was a thoroughly enjoyable outing, and well worth the visit. They offer a backdrop of....what else..a showing of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and staff were eager to explain the process of harvesting cacao, even to offering a minivacation at a chocolate plantation. Be prepared for a tasty experience, and you won't be disappointed!

Sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best chocolate!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I did the mini taller. It was awesome. They taught me a lot about the cacao and the process to make it chocolate. I did chocolates with different topping from m&ms to coca powder. They gave me some chocolate tea and some chocolate with liquor. The staff is really great and the place is very nice. I fully recommended!

San Pablo, Cajamarca, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great chocolate, great experience...they let you sample everything!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved it! Want to go back! They let you sample everything and explain it to you, and if you're lucky you'll get to see them making it as well. You just have to find it since its a bit hidden

Visited August 2013