“Amaz-ing!”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I was taken here by people who knew the city, and see food/drinks as works of art. I literally had just gotten back from 2 days in the Amazon that morning and was excited to continue my palate exploration. Starting with the breads and spreads, I knew the rest was going to be fabulous. The drinks' colors and aromas were like none other. I even tried the pommerose fruit, interesting and delicious. To name a few: The snails were absolutely amazing, such unexpected flavors, scallops-delectable, fish with coconut rice/mushrooms yum. Everything perfectly cooked. A must go...more than once!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Best ceviche EVER! Best food in general ever! By the time I ate there (twice during an 8-day stay in Lima) I did not want any sort of alcoholic beverage because I was so tired from walking and working. But, ever fear! They have some of the best fruit juices that I've EVER had in my entire life, and of course because everything is influenced by the Amazon all of the flavors melded beautifully. Our server (the same server during both visits) was GREAT, and very patient with us. He also made fabulous recommendations, so just ask the servers there what they would suggest. We ate an extremely late lunch at about 3:30, and then an extremely early dinner at 6:30 and it was wonderful because it was not busy each time we were there. Enjoy, and get as much ceviche from there as possible!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The food is amazing, but the drinks are even better. There is a great selection of drinks made out of "Amazonian" special products. The barman imagination is incredible. The same can be said for the main dishes and appetizers. The flavors are unique and the portions are more than generous.
Definitely I will go back.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant, which was close to the hostel where we stayed, and decided to give ourselves a treat.
Even though I'm Spanish, i have to admit i did not understand half of the things in the menu, so we finally asked our kind waiter to arrange a dinner for the two of us. He prepared smaller portions so that we could sample a larger variety of dishes.
Everything was exquisite, from the seafood from Lima to the meats and vegetables from the Amazon area (what the restaurant specialises in).
We were so pleased with the meal that we wanted to pay compliments to the chef. But instead of bringing the chef out, the waiter brought us into the kitchen and introduced us to the whole crew (a very pleasant bunch).
Great dinner, a bit expensive, but very memorable experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food here was amazing. The Amazon fish cooked in the banana leaf was delish. With that being said, the group I ate here with was not looking for anything adventurous or containing fish of any kind. If you are looking for Americanized (US) chicken, this is NOT your restaurant. If you are looking for a great introduction Amazonian cuisine, you MUST eat here on your trip to Lima!!!