“Five stars for originality”
Review of Amaz

Amaz
Ranked #28 of 2,538 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Five stars for originality”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I try new things but I am rather more conventional in my tastes, for these reasons I wouldn't make Amaz a habit. Now that that is out of the way, this was an interesting choice and adds to the overheated foodie market in Lima, as well as an option other than ceviche, ceviche, ceviche...

I thought I couldn't read the Spanish menu so we asked for the English version, then we realized that we just had no idea what any of the things on the menu were regardless of the language. We told the waiter to bring us his own selections from the menu, four or five things appetizer style so that we could share and sample the menu without being overly picky or annoying. In my opinion, unless you have a deep knowledge of Amazonian cuisine (giant river snails, anyone?), I recommend this route. I have no idea what we were eating half of the time, but it was river heavy (prawns, snails, fish, etc) washed down with smooth pisco sours.

It is at the base of the Marriott, and yes it is a bit pretentious, which is how I prefer restaurants. Although my buddy was fine in a t-shirt, so whatever.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“not amazing”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Some food highlights (leaf-wrapped steamed fish) however overpriced, pretentious and cool service. You shouldn't be paying US$7 for rice anywhere, especially in Lima.

Visited October 2013
California
“Good spot for casual dining”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Convenient location in busy Miraflores. We had a relaxed lunch. The food was good but the aji sauce on the side and the duck fried rice were my favorites, The scallop starter is average but the two different fish preparations on the menu were delicious. We got to visit the kitchen and watch them make little chicken and rice bundles wrapped in banana leaf before being steamed.it is pretty authentic Peruvian food but presented well and worth a visit.

Stuart, Florida
“A Great Surprise in Miraflores!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been living in Lima for a better part of the past five years, and have eaten in many of the best restaurants in all districts of Lima. I find this to be a new, and novel approach to the foods of the Peruvian Jungle presented in more of a gourmet fashion. I see that most of the people who have critizes the prices have been Peruvians, but when you compare the prices to most other "popular restaurants", it is in line, however not on the menu in print, but all dishes are available in half portions for half price. I had the smoked paiche, wonderful, my wife had the Cecina, fantastic. I love that I can walk to this restaurant from my apartment. see you there!

1 Thank Andrewcary11
Kansas City
“Exotic food and beautiful atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the most important factors to me when dining out is the atmosphere. The design of the restaurant is impressive and transports you to an upscale amazonian experience. The dishes are excellently put together and mix of flavors will blow you away. We asked the waiter to recommend a few dishes to us and we were not disappointed. The cocktails are also a must if you eat here. Using pisco and fruit from the Amazon, they manage to create delicate yet powerful drinks that will leave you wanting more. My friends and I were very impressed with this restaurant and I would recommend enthusiastically.