Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours
Review Highlights
Amazing experience

Reviewed June 19, 2018
Christian C
Excellent tour of key elements of Peruvian food and drink

Reviewed April 24, 2018
Michael B

All reviews ceviche pisco sours foodie experience food experience learned how local dishes excellent tour fruit wonderful guide lomo saltado ericka chef isolina peru culture english
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Ericka was an amazing food tour guide. She took us to different markets to taste local fruits. She also took us to a ceviche making class. The best part of all was that Erick was extremely helpful in coordinating my proposal! (btw SHE SAID YES!!!) I would highly encourage everyone to partake in this food tour experience.

Ericka L, Founder & Coordinator. at Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear Christian,
Thanks for your review. It was an honor to plan this fun Food tour with Delectable Peru Culinary Tours with your family and of course it was an honor to be part of this special moment in your life. This was one of the most special tours in this year I even feel part of the family. I almost cry when she said YES! The best part also is to meet people like you and be connected. Even right now I'm not a guide for all the tours that we planned I felt like I need to be there in this special one. We have an amazing team of foodie guides who are part of Delectable Peru now. Sending my best to you, your fiance and beautiful family,

Reviewed April 24, 2018

There were five of us in our group and we only had four days in Lima so were keen to see as much as we could in a short space of time. Two of our party lived in Santiago so were familiar with a lot of Peruvian food as it is popular in Chile.

Raymi was our tour guide and she was very personable, interesting and helpful as part of our tour. We visited the local markets where tried some local fruit and made ceviche (which was a highlight!!!), then we visited a high-end Peruvian food resturant where we tried local dishes and, of course, pisco sours, this was finished with ice cream and a secret, spectacular view over the beach.

We were exceptionally well fed as part of this tour and we learnt a lot about Peruvian food, history and culture as part of it. You could technically make this tour yourself, however having someone local and knowledgable to take you to the best places (all in your very own cab that is included in the price) makes the experience so much better as well as convenient. Definitely recommended if you're not spending much time in Lima and want to make the most of it.

For me watching my partner and a good friend of mine actually make our ceviche was brilliant. Isolina, the high-end restaurant we visited, is an exceptional restaurant, so much so we returned later in the day for our evening meal.

Also - make sure you have an empty stomach when you start as there is SO much to eat!!

Reviewed November 28, 2017

My wife and I selected the Amazon cuisine tour and the cooking class! Both were fantastic. Our guide was pleasnat and personable. Her English was perfect. At the Amazon food experience, we tried five or six dishes with ingredients from the Amazon. It was fantastic. We also went to a private cooking class with a famous TV chef (in Peru). We learned how to make ceviche including the Leche de Tigre, for which Peru is famous. And lomo saltado, a dish with filet mignon that emphasizes the hundreds of years old integration of Asian influence into Peruvian cuisine. I highly recommend Delectable Peru for both trip planning and their tours.

Ericka L, Public Relations Manager at Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Bob,

Thanks so much for your review. We loved that your experience was delectable. We try our best to do every experience unique. Always do the best for the best in this tour it was not an exception. A Celebrity chef just for both of you a great Happy Anniversary and special one. Great memories and delightful food that is what we do. Hope you come back to Peru for more adventures. Best Regards! From all of us in Delectable Peru.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Excellent tour with friendly staff that accommodated my complicated schedule and allowed me to enjoy Lima and it’s delicious food all in one day! The ceviche making was amazing! And all the little insights into the food and culture were shared with love and passion by the wonderful guide! Highly recommended!

1  Thank ZoeC1987
Ericka L, General Manager at Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Zoe, Thanks for you your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Food tour with Delectable Peru. Every experience is unique and every foodie become a friend to us too.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Such an amazing experience all around. My favorite were the visits to the market with the opportunity to try fruits I've never seen or tasted before. Following that an opportunity to prepare ceviche with a master!!! The tour ended with Barranco and. a stop for gelato and a home-cooked Peruvian classic. Erika is amazing!!!. I also appreciate that she willing to accommodate a single traveler without charging tons extra for her time. Quite the personal touch. She knows all the places to go and made recommendations for other places to visit while I was in Lima. You will not be disappointed by your tour with her. Buen provecho!!!

Ericka L, Public Relations Manager at Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Lyn, Thanks so much for been part of our Foodie Experience. It was all our pleasure. It was so much fun to show you our favorite spots in Lima. we are glad you enjoyed your Culinary adventure in Peru.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

There were four of us traveling to Peru with a large group. I saw that we had a free day in Lima and didn't know what to do. After some homework on line I realized in Lima it is all about the food. So, I contacted Erica after seeing a YouTube video. She was excited to help us with just a few days notice. We had such a wonderful day. Erica is the best host. She took great care of us. She was very accomodating with a few diet restrictions. I even got to make cebiche. I would recommend this as an addition to your trip if you are visiting Lima.

Dear Kaalex, Thanks so much for been part of our Foodie Experience. It was all our pleasure. It was so much fun to show you our favorite spots in Lima. We are glad you enjoyed your Culinary adventure in Peru. I always do my best to accommodate everyone preferences.
Hope you come back soon,
Best to you, Ericka

Reviewed June 20, 2017

The tour company was so professional and went above and beyond to make my private tour a memorable experience. The price was fair and the activities were all aligned with what I wanted to experience in Lima. I got to make my own ceviche and experience the local food culture of Lima. The operators of this tour are the best in Peru.

Dear Sara, Thanks so much for been part of our Foodie Experience. It was all our pleasure. It was so much fun to show you our favorite spots in Lima. We are glad you enjoyed your Culinary Food Tour with Delectable Peru in Lima, Peru.
Hope you come back soon and enjoy many more food adventures with us.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Amazing tour. We were absolutely stuffed by the end. My personal favorite was the gelato stop. It was really cool to try Amazonian food, eat by a historical landmark (Huaca), and mark our own Pisco sours by the Pacific Ocean. Our guide, J Lo (seriously our guide was the spitting image of J Lo), was extremely fun and informative.

Hope you come back soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

We can't thank Ericka and Delectable Perú enough for making our first day in Lima one of the best days in our 3 week trip!! We started at the San Isidro market with a memorable fruit tasting. Surrounded by beautiful fruits we tasted things we had never seen before much less eaten. We learned so much there. There was a bread shop and coffee. Then on to lunch where we learned to make and eat ceviche!! Then onto Surquillo market and finally a Pisco sour lesson at Isolina! One of the top restaurants on my list and a chance to met the chef who made us feel especially welcome.
Ericka really listens to want you want to do see taste and tries to make it happen.
You will not be disappointed !!!

Ericka L, General Manager at Delectable Peru - Gourmet Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Dear Karen, Thanks so much for been part of our Foodie Experience. It was all our pleasure. It was so much fun to show you our favorite spots in Lima. we are glad you enjoyed your Culinary adventure in Peru.
Hope you come back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

My son and I went to Peru to go to Machu Picchu and then spent our last day in Lima. We were celebrating his 28th birthday. Ericka was kind enough to spent her Sunday with us to provide my son a birthday of a lifetime. Spending time with Ericka was like spending time with a relative showing us their city or a close friend. We totally enjoyed the day with Ericka with the different spots where experienced the great food and the time she took to show us her beautiful city. We made our own ceviche and my son made his own birthday drink of Peru. i have taken many food tours around the world but I must say that Ericka tours is top of the list.

She is a great host and her passion of Lima and it;s food carried over to us. We could on tour on Trip advisor.

I would highly recommend the tour to everyone. She is flexible to make the tour around the types of foods you enjoy. Great time Great host Great food

Dear Michael, Thanks so much for been part of our Foodie Experience. It was great to celebrate your son's birthday. Hope you come back for more culinary adventures in Peru.