“Peruvian Spirit”

Ranked #13 of 305 Lima B&B and Inns
Lima, Peru
“Peruvian Spirit”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I lived here for more than a week until I found a place to stay for a longer time.
From the first day on I felt at home, everybody tries to make sure you get anything you want. The breakfest is a perfect start and you can spend hours with Angelo talking about history, culture, medicine, politics and innovation.
The rooms are basic (it's a hostel), but very clean and during all this time I had no issues with noise. You always get free tea and filtered water. Angelo even invited me to have a pizza with him on evening.
The only issue is that wireless coverage is not optimal in all rooms, so I always sat in the living room and met a lot of fellow travellers, which was quite a nice experience.

Thanks to Angelo and his family, I had a wonderful time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Florian M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The hostel is nice, but the pillows are definitely not OK. We had some issues with the hot water. Breakfast is not very rich, but is served in the room at no extra cost. We were three people and they gave us a room for 6, which was strange. The owner is a nice person, though, he gave us very good tips on what to see in Lima plus some history lessons.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend last december for new years and we received the best attention ever. The hosting is excelent and breakfast is perfect. We arrived to Lima without knowing ANYTHING about the city and didn't really know what to expect. Mr. Angelo helped us to arrange the whole trip to Machu Picchu and Arequipa and it was the best choice we could ever have made. He knows a lot about Peru and its culture, we really enjoyed talking to him and I can say we became good friends. B&B Tradiciones IS the place you want to be staying if you want a rich experience about not only Lima, but Peru.
WE LOVED IT :)

Room Tip: Try to separate your rooms beforehand and on the second floor :)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed one night earlier this week and it was a perfect stay. WiFi was limited to downstairs and showers were warm for the first of our showers. The owner was willing to spend as much time as needed to help us booking flights and the balance of our trip. Ultimately very friendly and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed May 2012
London
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My partner and I had a three night stay at B&B Traditiones and enjoyed our stay. Angelo is very helpful and will provide lots of hints and tips for getting around - his restaurant recommendations were very good. The pick up service from the airport was great.
The rooms are basic and could do with a refurb but adequate. Basic breakfast is served to your room.
Location is good. A 10 minute walk to the centre of Miraflores.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you arrive Lima by plane and want to go to B&B Tradiciones I strongly recommend to use Tradiciones's taxi service. DON'T pickup a taxi at the airport! Taxi drivers at the airport are very persistent, stubborn and rude. They will charge you higher rates soon they realize you are a Tourist! Go for the simple and cheaper way, use the the Taxi service provided by Tradiciones!
I only staid for one night by I loved the place. Angelo is the host and owner. He enjoys a good conversation and told me everything about Lima, what you should see and where to go. He's very resourceful and friendly. The room and toilet were clean, it had TV and a round table for breakfast. By the way... breakfast was served in the room!!! How cool is that !!! ;)
B&B Tradiciones has a family environment. I felt completely like home!

Room Tip: family environment clean
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Angelo, the host of B&B tradiciones, is the best host I've ever met in over 30 countries during my trips. They offer very reliable pickup service from the airport, the location is quite nice and very safe in Miraflores next to the park. It takes 10 min by slow walk to the center miraflores. Breakfast is simple and basic, they bring it for you to your room. Angelo know everything-specially about awesome food- about peru. it will be a perfect start of your trip in Peru. Book in advance and Stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd piso are better with big bright windows.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends