“Unique Museum Experience”

Museo Metropolitano de Lima
Ranked #96 of 351 things to do in Lima
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I enjoyed the interactive museum, and in particular the simulation of an earthquake! The tour is all in Spanish, so it would be helpful to have a translator if you don't speak the language. The tour is long, but keeps your attention by changing rooms and topics of history quickly. On a hot day, it would make for a nice change because it is all indoors and out of the sun. The entrance fee is very reasonable, you get what you pay for. That said, some people in our family group didn't like museums, and this didn't appeal to them.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went with my family to the museum. It was very informative and I was able to learn more about my mothers culture. It is an interactive museum which is very interesting and entertaining. I highly recommend it to the people like me that love museums... and for the people like my mother that doesn't like museums,lol. Its for the entire population. My mother came out loving that museum... that's how great it was. The price is affordable and worth the money. I highly recommend it and would gladly visit again.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I highly recommend this museum. It is very informative and entertaining. Even though the tour is pretty long (about two hours), I didn't feel like it was draining or exhausting. The use of different technological medias was impressive, and the different rooms are extremely effective in grabbing your attention. I have never been so engaged in learning about the history of a city as I was here. Also, it is handicap accessible! We had a person in a wheelchair with us and it was really smooth transporting her. The staff is extremelly nice and helpful. There is an entrance fee (less than two dollars!) that made me wonder how could they afford the cost of building the museum itself and paying for their expenses, staff, etc. This museum was so cool that I would be willing to pay more.

What I don't know is if foreign languages are available. Since the tour is mostly narrated, it really makes a difference if you can undertand spanish or not. Something to look into. Also, I couldn't find their website. I wanted to let friends know about it and needed more information such as operating hours, etc, but couldn't find their official website, hmmm...

1  Thank risi9052
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This museum, inaugurated relatively recently, makes for a quite amazing and hard-to-describe experience, though you probably need to know something about the history of Lima and understand some Spanish to make it really worth while. The history of the city is depicted from prehistoric times until the present day through a series of exhibits that feature holographs, 3-D movies, and photographs. Visitors enter in small groups of about 30 persons at a time with a guide (you have to book a time-slot, as they are limited, at the entrance) and the entire circuit takes almost 2 hours. If you have to wait your turn, there is a nice cafe serving juices and espresso coffee in the garden. Also the ground floor gallery of the museum has other smaller temporal exhibits.

1  Thank Delicadesa
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beautiful, different and impressive, 10,000 years of history played in over 40 films, 3D and 4D!
the tour is in groups of 25 and it takes almost 2 hours! the tour guide takes to each room,
there are some holograms, and the rooms are nicely decorated!
This museum is in downtown Lima, on Parque de la Exposicion, close the Art Museum!
A must to see!