“Charming place”

Ranked #11 of 310 Lima B&B and Inns
Bangkok
“Charming place”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good location in the center of the touristic area. Nice garden, typical colors. Rooms are ok, clean at least. Breakfast is nice, they change assortment everyday and you can taste local specialties. Good place to start discovering Peru.

Room Tip: Avoid room 16. Under the stairs, it is a very noisy room at night !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PandaBKK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Geelong
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I booked this several months ahead from Australia. This was my first international trip. I was picked up by the El Patio at the airport and transported to El Patio. My room was downstairs so I didn't have to carry up my luggage. It was very clean and comfortable and good hot water in the shower. The courtyard was very pretty and I love the outdor upstairs patio where I got good wi fi reception. A good breakfast in the breakfast room. There have decorated the walls with some typically peruvian bits and pieces. You could walk everywhere from here. Much nicer than a bland motel. The gates to the property are always locked so you feel very safe. I was having trouble with a phone call and reception couldn't have helped me more. They were also able to help me with places to eat. I thought very good value for money. Would stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Anne M
england
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at El Patio for 6 nights - our plans had changed and we added nights to our stay. We stayed in room 8 - at the front, pleasant but noisey from road on saturday night. Room 16 under the stairs so noisey but v nice and room 20 on second floor with plenty of space odd furniture but seats outside. For the cost paid I thought all the rooms were v good. Very pleasant breakfast and very helpful staff. Great situation in Miraflores. Laundry nest door, great juice bar opposite and coffee shop just over road. We had a superb meal at Saqra just around the corner on our last night in Peru.

In Kennedy Park there is some entertainment every night in the small amphitheatre - juggling, music, movies - a great evening.
Super organic market at Park Refunda on saturdays.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank heathraven
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights when we arrived in Peru and for 1 night 3 weeks later before flying home. Both rooms had comfortable beds and adequate showers. The first room was downstairs in the courtyard and could be a little bit noisy with the old doors being slammed shut during the night. The second room overlooked the street and while I expected this to be noisy, I did not notice it after 11pm. The best feature of this hotel is the lovely garden courtyard and the attractive iron gate you walk through to enter the hotel. Together they make you feel at home as soon as you enter. Breakfast was ok with self serve bread rolls and fresh fruit or pancakes. Excellent location for cruising the streets of Miraflores and within walking distance of Larcomar.

Room Tip: One of the rooms fronts on to the upstairs terrace and has very little privacy. I would try to avoid...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank survdale
New York City
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hostel El Patio is really well located in central miraflores. It is a charming low budget hotel, it is clean, they make a nice breakfast every morning, and the showers and kitchens have good water pressure and endlessly flowing hot water.

Room Tip: be on an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter and I travelled to Peru in March-April 2012. I booked the accommodation online and the service, communication and feedback from the hotel was exceptional. They met us at the airport and after being in transit for 23 hours, it was fabulous to walk into this quaint, clean, safe 'home'. Hostal El Patio has very friendly, efficient staff and they go out of their way to help travellers. The hotel is in Miraflores, a safe district in Lima, and it is walking distance from shops, restaurants and close to the beach. I can really recommend this lovely little gem to travellers from all over the world. Breakfast was good (I miss the sweet, tropical fruits). Thank you for making our visit such a memorable one.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags, ask for a room on ground floor, otherwise, the upstairs rooms are a bit bigg...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Christa52
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating, and the hostel is nestled in a space full of beautiful plants and trees. The rooms are quite basic and the beds fine but a bit of a disappointment after staying in Churup's cozy beds in Huaraz. Generally, however, this hostel was great and well-priced. The best part for me was the staff's friendliness and eagerness to help guests . . . in addition to the gardens and terraces. My only complaint is that the hotel has a permeating smell of staleness, almost like mildew. The smell is so pervasive that I returned home with clothes and things that took on the same smell. And, the curtains could use an occasional wash so they are not so dusty.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo