“Highly recommend”

Ranked #28 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Anytown
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place. The staff could not have been more helpful, Percy very patiently gave us answers to all of our questions, and even even loaned us his metro pass!

The location was very convenient to the places we wanted to go in Miraflores and to the public transit to downtown. Decent rooms and fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights prior to joining a tour. My sister and I arrived on different flights, and so we paid for the second airport pick up, but it was comforting to see a man in the arrival hall holding a placard with my name on it. My flight was delayed, my luggage had not arrived with me but the driver had waited for me, and this was around 5 in the morning. Our room overlooking the courtyard was comfortable and clean, as was the bathroom. We stayed in quite a few other hotels in Peru during the following three weeks, but gave top marks to the San Antonio Abad for their breakfasts. We found the hotel to be nicely situated, and we were able to walk to Parque Kennedy, to the ocean etc. The staff at the front desk deserve high marks for their customer service skills, and their ability to speak English. They were also great at communicating with us by email prior to our arriva. The entrance lobby is cosy and welcoming, and the courtyard good for a picnic lunch. We were directed to public transportation, to nearby restaurants and a great supermarket. As well, several of the staff helped me by communicating with airline personnel regarding my very delayed suitcase. And, without our own computer, we were happy to have internet access next door.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the courtyard was perhaps a little quieter. But wherever one is, I think it is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was a great place to stay for a few nights in Lima. It is no frills; the complimentary breakfast is simple and the rooms are clean and comfortable. After traveling for awhile, I was impressed with how clean everything was at this stop. The staff was really nice and always knew who we were when we came in. The best thing, though, is probably the fact that they provide a free airport pickup. The driver will be there at all hours of the day and night and he is one of the nicest people that my friend and I met on our trip. If you're looking for a quiet place to relax, this probably isn't for you because its a bit loud; however, it is central to downtown Lima, and is within walking distance of the beach and tons of restaurants. If I travel through Lima again, I'd stay here.

Stillwater, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our first hotel in Peru. As promised there was a van to pick us up at the airport at midnight. That in itself was a plus. We had a clean room with a good shower. The only issue was some street noise. The staff at the hotel were very helpful. They even printed our train tickets for Macchu Pichu. The location is okay. It is a bit of a walk on some very busy streets to get to the main part of Miraflores. And, it is a long way from central Lima. The driver who picked us up at the airport also took us to the Pachacamac ruins south of town and other locations. That was done for a very reasonable rate. If we are ever in Lima again, we would consider staying at San Antonio Abad.

1 Thank stillwaterlocal
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had to spend a day in Lima waiting for our flight back to USA after 10 days of traveling in Peru. We: a group of 6 adults with quite a luggage including mountaineering gear. We came up with an idea to get a room at a hotel to keep our luggage and have a shower. It was not easy. To find a room for a day (not a night) IS NOT EASY. After numerous failed attempts to beg our way into a hotel, I found San Antonio mentioned on the Tripadvisor site. It did work! I got a prompt reply to my e-mail (I do not speak Spanish, so telephone conversations were prohibited) with all necessary details. Everything we asked for was arranged with the itemized prices indicated.
1. A double room from 8 am until 6 pm with extra towels for 6 people. The towels were not provided, and the hotel did not charge extra for them. If we had reminded the personnel - I'm pretty sure we would have had them. The room was nice looking and clean, with a comfortable bathroom.
2. Extra breakfast for 4 (breakfast for 2 was included in the price of the room). The breakfast was excellent!
3. Taxi from the downtown bus station to the hotel. Well, the taxi did not show up. It was not a catastrophe though - we picked-up a van easily, but it cost us an hour and a half of lost time.
4. A taxi from the hotel to the airport for 2 people and two hours later another taxi for 4 in the same direction.
All the personnel were polite, considerate, professional. Thanks to Maria Gonzales who arranged everything for us (and we do understand that our request was kind of unusual), we were spared the unpleasant necessity of dragging our heavy luggage around the city. The location matters too: being close to everything and at the same time in a quiet and secure corner.
Although there were some small inconveniences - the willingness of the personnel to deviate from the regular booking schedule and arrange for extra services deserves only excellent marks.

1 Thank Yelena_N
George Town, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here last month for 3 nights and it was really nice. Good airport pick up and inexpensive drop off as some other hotels charge quite a bit more to drop you off at the airport. Lovely rooms and spotless hotel. The staff are also very helpful and friendly and we would definitely stay there again. Easy walk to supermarkets and restaurants and all round nice experience. Do try to get one of the rooms on the inside as they are bigger.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lia210260
Somerset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 11 nights at this hotel (split into two parts, before and after the highlands) so I think I have a fairly good idea of the place. I agree with all the positive reviews: wonderful staff, great breakfast, efficient reservations (Maria responded promptly to all emails), comfortable rooms and beds. Great airport pickup service (even for a late flight). We had a room on the third floor, overlooking the garden, so it was quiet. We were also lucky to catch one of their promotions (advertised on TA) which was an incentive to stay so many nights. We liked the location, walking distance to the center of Miraflores (10 mins) yet in a more residential, leafy area. And it's ideally placed to catch the Metropolitano into the center of LIma or Barranco (which we did). Everyone made us feel welcome and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Lima. P.S. If you don't have a computer with you, there is a 'locutorio' next door where you can use the computers and make long distance phone calls for inexpensive rates.

Room Tip: Overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple