“Excellent service”

Hotel San Antonio Abad
Ranked #32 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This hotel was exceptionally accommodating with airport pick-up service and easily arranged drop off. Rooms clean and comfortable, affordable rates and very friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank yakayenne

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the San Antonio Abad both at the beginning of our trip to Peru and again at the end. We were glad we did. We found the hotel clean and charming. The public areas, including the garden courtyard and a downstairs sitting area are quite nice. The buffet breakfast included excellent coffee, steamed milk if you wanted it, made to order eggs, several kinds of fresh juice, cereal, fresh fruit [ tangerine sections, cut up watermelon and papaya] and slices of cheese and ham. The hotel staff spoke excellent English and were most helpful no matter what your needs were. They even confirmed our flight with Peruvian Air, as I did not think my Spanish was up to it. The airport pick-up service went flawlessly both times we used it, even though our flight from Miami was seriously delayed. The driver had our names clearly printed on a sheet, and was easy to spot. The car was a newer model and clean. We paid for him to return us to the airport as this was so convenient. The hotel is located only a 10 to 15 minute walk to the center of Miraflores. Our rooms both had newly re-modeled bathrooms, and one had a flat panel TV. Should we return to Lima, we would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stltraveler_7
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The free airport pickup was very helpful and easy. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. The room was really clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. They arranged a ride back to the airport the next morning. We were only there one night, but I would definately stay there again and recommend it to my friends/family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank lhales
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, in two parts on our way to Machhu Picchu and back. The Hotel is nice, well appointed and the staff pretty helpful. They accommodated us before time on one occasion and changed our room when we did not like it (insects on the wall of the room we rejected).

If one is going for a triple or double room, the furnishing is good and the bathroom is well fitted. However, the single rooms are not so good and the plumping ancient and very cramped. We had the impression that the single rooms are not maintained that well and are neglected.

We used a triple room and it was very nice. 3 Beds, one work table and a nice bathroom with a shower stall and double sink basin. There was even an AC in room 301, with bedside table and phones. This room looked out on the road, and in our opinion is the best room in the house: I give it a 9/10. The other time we stayed on the third floor, but on a double room which was also very nice. The double room looked onto the internal courtyard and was pretty nice too: I give it a 7/10.

Wifi internet was free and it was a strong signal and never dropped. The breakfast is not that filling, compared to other hotels we stayed in South america in our recent 3 country trip, but does offer cereal, scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt and some other stuff.

We opted to take the hotel arranged taxi on our way from the airport and to the airport. We chose a big van and it cost us US$20. We heard stories about tourists getting robbed by taxis and so we deliberately chose this.

The neighbourhood is nice and there is a big road at the back that had McDonalds, TGI Fridays and other good restaurants. We purchased water from a drugstore.

Oh the room service menu is exceptionally cheap, but the choice is a little limited : like sandwitches and so on.

Would stay definitely here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 301.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Jason_M_Ontario
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our stay didn`t start right. Hotel offers free pick up service from the airport. Our flt was 3 hours delayed, so I contacted the hotel before we left Houston and informed them about the delay. I was told that it was not a problem and they check the flight status so I don`t need to inform them anymore and we should expect somebody waiting for us at the airport. After we arrived there was nobody there. I called the hotel and was told about some kind of the problem so we needed to take the cab but hotel will provide transportation from the hotel to the airport instead. I was not happy at all. I was ready to look for a different hotel but I was too tired to do that.
During our 2 day stay in Lima everybody from the staff apologized us few times for this problem and they provided the transportation to the airport as they promised.
The location is okay. Short walk to main Miraflores street but the hotel was on the quiet side of the city so noise was not a problem. Room was okay, bed was okay but nothing special. I liked the bathroom and we had the private terrace with the table and chairs. Breakfast was very nice. I loved the hotel main lobby style. It seemed like you traveled 50-100 years into past. Hotel was very clean!!!
When you expect this hotel to be an upscale hotel like JW Marriott, Renaissance or Sofitel you`d be disappointed when it comes to the room but the staff is amazing, friendly and helpful so you actually feel like you`re 5star hotel guest. They even called me by my name all the time. Great hotel for the value but don`t expect luxuries for the price under $100

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank UnitedFA
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We arrived by plane from Madrid in Lima and a driver picked us up at they airport. Because we missed our connection flight wir arrived later in Lima than estimated but I informed the hotel and the sended us a driver on time.
The hotel is in a good condition but the room we had was a little bit worn. It was located with the window to the street but there is not a lot of travel so we slept well. The room was clean and big.
The staff speeks well english and helps you with every desires. The breakfest is tastefully. You can order scrambled eggs and they have fruits.
The location is a little bit in the outer area of Miraflores but the center is only a few minutes to walk away.
All in all a great place to stay in Lima.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank laberlars
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a really pleasant place to stay in Lima. I stayed for several nights and had a really good experience. The staff is very nice. The breakfast is good. The hotel is clean. Also, it is conveniently located in Miraflores, a block or so from the Metropolitano that takes you right to the city center. Over all, the value is great and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business