“Run by racists!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #98 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Run by racists!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

First impressions are deceiving. I booked a married room on the hotels website. The price seemed right, the location good and overall had a nice appearance. NO WHERE did it say, same sex couples NOT welcome. Me and my boyfriend arrived after a long day of travel. They asked if "he" was staying with me. I said yes. The response was that they do not let same sex couples share a married room. I thought I was on another planet. It was late and we were tired. We were forced to upgrade to a double room which of course was more expensive. It makes me wonder if I had said "no" I am single, if they would have insisted on a bed check. Till this day I have not received a call from the management after numerous requests.
If you support racism and bigotry, you will appreciate the accommodations. If not, you will definitely want to stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hotels policy regarding same sex partners.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Zaliva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vestal, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2007

I absolutely loved the Las Palmas in the Miraflores section of Lima. I was in the city to get another passport - mine had been stolen in Cusco - and was wanting to get this done in a safe and reasonable way. I was taken to the Las Palmas and treated wonderfully. It's also a short walk to the stores and casinos. Not a 5 star, but who needs that when all you need is comfort and friendliness?

• Liked — Friendliness and Value For the Price
  • Disliked — No elevator!
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
3 Thank Kaykay48
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2006

Tried to register with my partner but the hotel does not let two men share the same bed. They were very loud and vocal about the policy while I was waiting to register. My partner (Peruvian) was very embarrased by the receptionist's outburst. The accomodations are clean and very simple if small. Location is convenient for Miraflores. Unfortunately, the hotel is NOT receptive to gay people. -Hugh

• Liked — clean and good shower
  • Disliked — NOT gay friendly
  • Tips/Secrets — Gays! Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
5 Thank VanBCCanuck

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2006

Myself and 2 other male friends were referred to this hotel when we became advised at the last minute that the place we wanted to stay had no vacancy. However there was plenty of vacancy at the Hotel Las Palmas on a Saturday night after 9:00 pm and I can certainly see why. They refused to provide a room for 3 with 2 beds only because that is their policy. 2 males simply cannot share a bed and so we left the lobby as quickly as we entered this place. We found a lovely hotal just 2 blocks away called el Nido which we found friendly service and a nice place for half the cost. Hotel Las Palmas has quite a lot to learn when it comes to business which they ovbiously know very little about. DO NOT EVEN THINK of staying at this place...... there are too many other hotels in the area.
One I would highly recommend if you have the money is Mira Flores Park Hotel. This is top of the line quality service and is the best of Miraflores anyone could ever want.

• Stayed April 2006
9 Thank ciaobello4u
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2005

I stayed here on my arrival and departure days in Lima, 1 day on arrival, 1.5 days on departure. Simple, somewhat small, but very adequate hotel for those without expectations of fancy. Rooms were clean, water was hot, TV had many channels (4 or 5 in English).

It is in a FABULOUS location one block from the West end of Parque Kennedy, about 7 or 8 blocks to Larcomar.

I liked this place, staff was nice and helpful!

• Stayed September 2005