“ONE IS AT HOME WHILE HERE AT LA CASTELLANA LIMA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Castellana

Hotel La Castellana
Ranked #73 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Udaipur,India
“ONE IS AT HOME WHILE HERE AT LA CASTELLANA LIMA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

THIS WAS A FOLLOW UP VISIT, AND I WAS TOLD BY COMMERCE ATTACHE AT INDIAN EMBASSY, TO TRY OUT THIS PLACE and I had to profusely thanks him in putting me up in a htoel which was more like a home, in fact, it appeared thatone time home was turned into comercial hotel. Food was lovely and also the service.
I was told that this is not very popular and doesn't have full occupancy all round the year and the owner /manager is content with less crowd and he is so sure that one who has come ,he/she would come again and again and it looked like that he would love to have such permanent customers rather than getting new faces. And here he and his staff try to understand guests very well during first vist and they have a habit of noting down preferences of guests, be it wine ,food or even miscllaneous items , sothat next when you are there ,you don't have to redo[settling] and immediately settle down to get ahead witht he job. on the whole, it was home away fromhome --an oft repeated phrase but this alone describes this abode.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rimouski, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

Okay. That's my opinion of this hotel. Good location. Clean enough. Comfortable enough... if you're lucky enough to get a room inside the hotel. The first night, we got one of the rooms that are located in front of the street, with an idependant door, completely outside the hotel. In July, it's quite humid in Lima, and so was this room. Humid and cold. The blankets were wet.

Two days before we left, we had a back luck in a bar, called Bartini (located in Larcomar shopping center). Somebody at that place put GHB in my boyfriend's drink. They robbed him money and everything. I came back with him at the hotel arount 23h00 , when I saw him completly knock out beside the bathroom and my boyfriend was absoluetly unable to walk alone. He was very sick. The taxi driver helped me to bring him in the lobby of the hotel, and I asked help to the receptionist, because I needed to use the stares to reach our room. He laughed and told me it wasn't his job. So, I had to "climb" with my boyfriend on the back two more floors, and injured myself. I asked the reception the phone number of a doctor, and he told me he couldn't help me.

I complained to the owner of the place, because the day after, two other employees were laughing at us. One told me: Your boyfriend was very drunk last night. It was so impolite, especially because it wasn't the case, and my boyfriend was sick.

Should I recommend this place ?

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank TripFairy

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

The exterior and communal areas of this hotel are very pleasant and having read previous reviews (it was part of our tour itinerary, so had to stay there) I insisted on a room away from reception, on the first floor and overlooking the internal courtyard - which was fine, however fellow travellers in rooms on the ground floor, etc. complained of noise, musty smell, etc. The staff varied, some were very helpful and pleasant (Percy - thank you for changing my room!) and others were fairly dour and uninterested.

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank Lollapalooza
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in late November. An early check-in had been arranged but when we arrived at the hotel, the front desk personnel denied any early check-in arrangements had been made. Staff was rude and the rooms were very dark and musty. Upon our return to LIma, we chose another hotel for our last 2 nights. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank DiCalif
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

Even though we had one of the better rooms...#15 with a huge balcony looking to the street ( a little noisy in the morning though)...I could not help to notice what is, in my opinion, very hard to find in Peru. Indifferent service!
After years of dealing with bland and obnoxious tour groups (which seem to compose 90% of the guests at this hotel), the staff has lost the interest to even try and be nice to the guests. Their interaction with the customers ranges from indifferent to indifferent and everything in between!
Again, we had to book at the last minute and all of the good places were booked solid...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ranger22miami
New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour and agree with all that has been said earlier. I had 2 rooms and both were dark and quite loud although they were pretty well sized.

The included breakfast was very basic although you could pay for more.

The location is great, near the beach, a supermarket, some restaurants.

The staff on the desk were mixed. One guy was lovely and friendly and helped me out while the other guy grunted at me and seemed to be put out by my requests.

I would pay more to stay elsewhere in future.

• Stayed November 2009
2 Thank KellyNewZealand
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in Lima in the beginning of our trip and one night at the end. The first room was #9. It was extremely dark (we wore our headlamps to see in our packs). The bathroom was not clean. The room had a overpowering musty smell. The smell was still in our clothing when we left. We had room #27 at the end of the trip. That room was better because it had two windows, however, the windows opened up to the street and it was noisy at night. The staff at the front desk was unhelpful and rude. I would not recommend this hotel to someone staying in Lima.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends