“good location in miraflores with average rooms”

Hotel La Castellana
Ranked #100 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location is good. I wasn't in the hotel much so the only expectations I had were to come back to a clean place that was safe and comfortable. The location is safe and we were walking aroudn at night without really needing to worry (not to say that it's smart to go running out without your brain, anywhere). The rooms were basic and that's fine by me because the cleanliness was acceptable and yes, a bit damp feeling. Not sure if that's because Lima is a coastal city. I think that because the building is using the old architecture, the dampness can come in but I did not find it particularly uncomfortable.

Breakfast was included in my stay and it was by no stretch, luxurious but it was sustainable to get me started for the day: coffee/tea, bread & jam/butter, yogurt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is nice and rustic, a little dark but that's no problem for me. I've stayed twice, the first time I was ill from my travelling to Lima and they got me to a room and just let me rest. The second time I tried out the restaurant and they sorted me out a tour. The food was average to good, so perfectly happy with that. Breakfast was... Peruvian! Which I'm used to, and it was fine. Wifi throughout and wonderful service from every member of staff I met. Showers could do with keeping hot for longer but I like a long shower, that's probably more me being a spoilt Westerner!

Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: One a bit further from the hotel reception makes sense.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is basically a clean place to sleep in a good, safe location while you are in Lima. The rooms are basic, although a bit damp feeling. Cleanliness was about what you would expect in a basic room in Lima. The breakfast was just bread, jam, and coffee/tea, but it was enough to start the day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Rooms were very basic...this hotel would resemble more of a motel based on North American standards; beds were clean however, the smell of mildew surrounded the room. Definitely needed to open windows to sleep. Please bring indoor flip flops or shoes if you are a little OCD on cleanliness.

FYI- this hotel stay was part of G Adventures (formerly Gap)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CanadianChick007
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This a basic hotel in Miraflores. Breakfast was just coffee, juice and bread unless you paid extra. Beds were comfortable and washroom clean. Wifi was intermittent. Nothing fancy but location was good. Used it as a jumping off point for a Gadventures tour.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JEricksom
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Gave this hotel a "poor" rating due to the dirty rooms. Smelly rooms, dirty washroom, uncomfortable beds - in general dark and uninviting. Would not recommend staying here.
Breakfast was toast, butter, milk and coffee.
On the other hand, the courtyard was very pretty, and if you're staying at this hotel I would recommend going up to the roof - a nice place to enjoy a drink.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank illjill
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I didn't think the place was that bad. We had a double for $80, which is a little bit stretching our wallets, but the service was good. The breakfast included a basket of bread, yogurt, bowl of fruit, coffee/tea. Any breakfast that includes fruit in Peru gets a star in my book. I thought the staff were very friendly and answered all our questions, etc. The rooms were a bit dark, and the decor just felt like staying at an old, rich aunt's home in Spain. I'm sure at one point in history long ago, this place was the bee's knees. I couldn't put my finger on it, but it didn't matter because we were so close to the square, Punto Azul, walking distance to the coast. Wifi only worked when we sat in the lobby. If the place was a little bit cheap, I would give it an extra star.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple