“Run away!!!! Fast!!!!”

Kamana Hotel
Kamana Hotel
Ranked #177 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have never been in a dirtier hotel. Carpets were not vacuumed for a long time; the dust sitting on the carpets had been there for a long time. We as a group had 4 rooms and they were all disgusting. We slept on the top covers using our clothing to cover the pillow. I have never given a bad review about a hotel. Sometimes when I read the bad reviews I think people are too picky and should just stay home. This is not a case of “people being princesses”. If I can save just one person from the mistake we made I’ll be happy. The next day two people in our group woke up with bites that blistered. It’s funny how the pictures on hotels.com look NOTHING like the real rooms do (as you can see in the pictures). The room one of the couples had was painted that morning and the smell was still there in the afternoon so we asked to change it but the new room they got was so filthy they kept the original one.

We booked a pick up at the airport but no one showed up. I called the hotel and was told to call back in 3 minutes and they will tell me how much it will cost to pick us up. I told him we were at the airport with many taxis so I did not need him to START arranging pick up.

We got to the hotel in the morning and asked if we can have our breakfast because we will be leaving at 1.30am the next day. They said that today it’s too late but we can have breakfast at 1 am. Of course at that time everything was closed and yet again we didn’t get our breakfast.

I don’t really even care about the airport pick up and breakfast.

Just the filthiness is so gross this hotel should be shut down.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank MEGSIBOO
There are newer reviews for Kamana Hotel

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were expecting a budget hotel for a budget price but the Kamana took it to another level. One word Disgusting....black hairs all through the bed, mould in the bathroom, sticky carpet and smelled like a dump... Thongs and sleeping bag were required. We ended up booking another hotel at the end of our tour as we didn't want to have to deal with the place again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ColnKate
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here pre and after my tour to Machu Picchu with Tucantravel Great service,friendly staff and the security guard very friendly. He came running after me as I had my cell and wallet just in my hand.
Handy to the local supermarket,Plaza and bank.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here twice at the beginning and end of a group tour. Our first room was comfortable enough with a small double bed. Our second room was huge, obviously renovated with a king size bed. The free wifi is reliable, the rooms have hair driers and the shower is hot. The location is excellent, very close to the Plaza del Armas and within walking distance to a lot of other sites and restaurants. There was no noise from other rooms, rooms at the front of the building have some street noise but nothing unreasonable. I would recommend this place. Breakfast is basic but cheap.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms seemed to be small, 4th floor rooms were larger and renovated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose this hotel for it's great location - all the major plazas and sights are within walking distance (old town which we were interested in). It is very well located and even though the area looks a bit dodgy, we didn't feel unsafe. There is a very friendly guard at the door that opens up for you and helps with taxi's and baggage. We arranged a transfer as we arrived very late at night and the driver was waiting for us and it all worked out very well. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, except for Miquel who didn't really look like he wanted to help and that we were really bothering him. They asked us at reception if we wanted two beds or one, and we said one as we are a married couple. We ended up with a room with 2 double beds and 2 single beds!! So loads of space! It was very comfortable and clean, fresh towels everyday. Also a really good hot shower. The only negative thing is that the hotel is a bit dated and definitely needs a refurbishment. The carpets were very old and stained and the bedding faded. We also didn't have the best view (a brick wall) but that is to be expected in a city. It was bit noisy, but not so bad as to keep you awake. In the moring around 8am there was a huge noise, sounded like a rocket ship taking off and lasted for about 15 min - I suspect this was the shower upstairs? Luckily we were awake by this time! The breakfast, although basic was really good and fresh with really nice coffee! The waiters were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel as the price is very good for what you get and you can't beat the location!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A little intimidating when arriving at 1:00 AM and seeing the bars on the front door!! Turned out to be a great little hotel, clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff. Great location in Central Lima. Within walking of great restaurants, shopping, central squares, main pedestrian road just around the corner, fabulous cathedrals, etc....One block from bus stop that will take you to Mirafloras and Barranca. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WasagaBaby
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just around the corner from the main pedestrian road that links the two main squares. Rooms were decent, clean and tidy, and the staff very helpful (bar recommendations, airport transfers etc). No air conditioning, but fans in the rooms (it was pretty hot when we were there). For us, a very good value hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple