“I would stay here again.”
Review of Kamana Hotel

Kamana Hotel
Kamana Hotel
Ranked #170 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed March 20, 2012

It has the best location if you want to explore downtown. Our room was not located on the street, so it wasn't very loud. They don't have air conditioning, for those of you that NEED air conditioning. They gave us an electric fan, which was more than enough. There was plenty of hot water for the two of us. Breakfast was typical --eggs and croissant.

For 40$ a night, I didn't expect the beds to be super comfortable. They weren't soft, but they were huge. There's plenty of space to store your stuff, and I felt secure because there was gate in front of the door and a guard that let you in 24/7.

The only thing that I didn't like was the limited menu of the "restaurant" downstairs. When we went downstairs to get something to eat, we were handed a menu with a lot of choices that LOOKED good, only to be told that the only things we could order were ham and cheese sandwiches or cheese sandwiches. If you stay there, don't bother with the restaurant.

It's close to a lot of nice plazas, museums, restaurants, shopping, Rimac and barrio china. I would probably stay here again, it was really economical.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jadorejadele

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I recently spent one night here, and while the location was very good, the hotel was just okay. My room faced the main street, and was very noisy. Also, was warm, and to have the window open, must have the curtain open, and tall building right across the street, able to look in. But the included breakfast was good, and the staff was very helpful, and I was able to have my backpack stored while out exploring.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the road, as it is very noisy. Lots of traffic all evening and early mornin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank randywahoo
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Came a day earlier so the cheapest option was Kamana - 40$/night. And it surprised me a lot - had a gate opener, carrier, everybody was very kind, rooms not very big but clean. Breakfast as usual but with integral bread and croissant, fresh orange juice. The only negative side is there was not hot water - just barely warm.
Tomorrow I checked-in in Bolivar hotel (the most famous hotel in Lima or even Peru) and wanted to ga back to Kamana (check out my review about Bolivar!!!).

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel only one night when we were traveling back to Europe.
Our room was on the 5th floor. The bed was ginormous, the size of the room was good, bathroom normal. It was nice that it had free wireless.
What really bothered us was the noise. The windows don't really close! The glass was made too short and basically you can hear everything on the street. The location of the hotel is very good, right in the center, so you can imagine the noise... I couldn't sleep and woke up every time someone was honking (which in Lima is all night).

Location: very good, walking distance to the center.

The breakfast was satisfactory and the staff (as everyone in Peru) were really nice.
I guess if you get a bedroom facing the center of the building you won't be so bothered with the noise, but if its facing the street forget it...

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, if you are facing the street it will be too noisy and most likely wo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mia2005
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was on a job trip to Peru so all that i needed was a place to sleep. For that purpose Kamana Hotel was all right. It had reliable internet and it was safe to leave your stuff there. The bed was allright for the prize. So, is good for emergencies.
But this worked for me because i was working all day and usually arrived wasted to my room. If you want to have a comfortable time choose other options. Camana hotel is noise, not always clean and there is no luxory. In Lima there are a lot of much better possibilities.
Beware: This hotel is not located at San isidro. It is at the middle of downtown

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel as the joining hotel for a Tucan Tour around Peru. And what a shock it was when we first walked in. After reading past reviews on the place I decided to keep an open mind and see what would happen. The rooms was old & run down (this I could deal with) the bathroom had more brown then it had white and the window that would not close had direct view of the below street where the car horns would not stop - making it very difficult to sleep! Please stay elsewhere where possible.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GreatDane22
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I found this to be a nice hotel. It was clean, had very friendly and extremely helpful staff and they served a good breakfast. It's smack in the middle of the historic Lima Centro, making it very convenient for wandering around and checking out the sites, or for going out to dinner. It was a good hotel for what we needed - a place to sleep while we toured around. Maybe the people on this site that are full of complaints aren't actually leaving the hotel to learn about Peru and are expecting it to be some sort of spa. The only thing to keep in mind is that it IS smack in the middle of the city, so if noise bothers you, you probably should find something else outside of Lima.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends