“So good!”
Review of Hostal Torreblanca

Hostal Torreblanca
Ranked #44 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Fantastic! This place helped us out in a big way after our flight to Brazil fell through. They were the only place in Miraflores that could fit us in the same night and the staff were great to deal with and most spoke English. The room was nice and clean and the location was brilliant – close to the water and more importantly the Brazilian Embassy! The breakfasts were not so great but that was superseded by one of the amazing girls on reception who spoke amazing English and helped us out so much when dealing with the Embassy. The hotel itself is aging, but is clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aymenic

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hostal Torreblanca met our expectations. The hotel is aging but still well kept. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi didn't extend reliably to our room but that wasn't a major problem. Our room was a bit noisy but that's more to do with taxis beeping and car alarms - a feature of Lima more than the hotel.

The breakfast was OK - neither amazing or terrible.

Room Tip: I think rooms away from the roads would have been quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gordwcampbell
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hostal Torreblanca is worth skipping. The room was depressing and definitely not a good introduction to Lima. I reserved a room there because of the airport transfer - it is not worth it. The front desk staff were confused. I have stayed at much nicer places in Miraflores, Lima and other areas in Lima. To finish my review, again, Ugh.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MSSwhy
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I found this hostel on TripAdvisor during our stay in Lima and couldn´t have been more impressed. Upon arrival, they didn´t have a double room availabe which we had booked online so we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge which was incredible-a living room attached, jacuzzi bath and a king size bed. The hostel is definitely more like a hotel and was also conveniently located on the main street into Miraflores so restaurants, supermarkets and shops are all within walking distance.

The staff were helpful and friendly, going the extra mile to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. A prime example was when my girlfriend and I were unable to visit Macchu Picchu due to poor weather in Cusco and the hotel went above and beyond to arrange alternative activities. We can´t thank them enough and would recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay in Miraflores, Lima.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HenryPowell4
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My daughter and I visited Lima with a service project and stayed at the Hostal Torreblanca. We found it absolutely perfect for our trip. The service was excellent, they helped with directions, restaurants, trips & airport check in. They wonderful people at the front desk were always nice & upbeat. I am a light sleeper and even though we had a room on the main street, the sounds were never a problem because we had double windows. The room was very clean, bathroom was fine although a few days we didn't have super hot water. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel and it was perfect. All in all, a great experience.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the inside but as I said above, I NEVER had a problem with the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SusanFE
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week in the 4th floor suite. I was conferencing and my wife was chilling.Great hostel for this as it has a homely feeling. It is 5 minutes walk to the surf...a great fun right hander. The front rooms get traffic noise as they face a busy roundabout on Av Jose Pardo...didn't bother us but if quiet is your thing ask for a back room.I really enjoyed my time in Lima and staying here was part of that.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank HarryGoesSurfing
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great value, great breakfast, close to the beach and close to the attractions in Miraflores. Funky,eclectic, great vibes, clean. Don't let the map fool you, they are well located in Miraflores, we walked to everything, ran along the cliffs every morning, and went surfing twice (close to the beach). I am a surfer who travelled to Lima for non-surfing reasons (trip with wife) and it was everything I wanted. Oh yeah, great wifi and great value. Free ride from the Airport. There are several fantastic restaurants within walking distance if you are a foodie.

If your room faces the traffic circle it can get a little noisy, only detraction.

Room Tip: Try to avoid traffic circle-facing room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple