“Great service and location.”
Review of Hostal Torreblanca

Hostal Torreblanca
Ranked #46 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a great place to stay with very reasonable rates. They will arrange pick up from the airport for you and drive you to Miraflores. Miraflores is definitely the place you want to stay when visiting Lima. The room was fairly basic and comfortable. There was a small fridge with 2 complimentary bottles of water. The shower was amazing. Great water pressure and temperature! It is located on one of the main streets of Miraflores and is about a 10 minute walk to the Parque Kennedy area where there are many cafes and restaurants. There is a restaurant around the corner from the hotel (Senioro de Sulco) that is great (the hotel will give you a coupon for a free Pisco Sour). Really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael J

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay if you are in Lima for more than two days. It is located in Villa Flores, about 25 minutes from the airport. They will pick you up and give you a ride from the airport for 15 Soles--a bargain. My room costs 76 dollars a night. Guillermo is their regular driver, he is fluent in English having lived in California for a year. Very nice fellow. Staff in Hostal was professional, helpful, friendly and fluent in English. I got the impression that they really wanted you to feel as if you were family. Hostal is a converted mansion from the past, before Villa Flores sprouted all of the high rises. It is a moments walk to the park alongside the Pacific Ocean. There are families, ice cream peddlers, kids and young couples walking about the promenade--great feeling of being secure. The staff gives you a map upon check in which lists banks, restaurants and sights you can visit. Hostal has a sitting room with comfortable chairs and couches for you to relax in. There is a nice portriat from 1956 of who I believed was the lady who owned the house at the time. The decor transports you back to the era. Rooms are on the small side. They all have televisions hung on the wall with satellite televisions. Bathrooms are small too but there is always hot water for you to shower. There are rooms that face the street or that face the interior. I stayed in both and thought the ones that faced into the courtyard (not the street) were the better ones because they were bigger and quieter. Beds are firm and each person is given two pillows. The staff at the front desk will not be shy about giving you recommendations about places to eat--I appreciated their input and the places I visited were as good as they claimed they were. There is a free breakfast which had eggs, bread, beacon, coffee, tea, fruits and juices--I could however see it getting repetitive after a while but it should be no problem if you are there for a week or less. There is a small plaza right outside the hotel where you can sit and do some people watching the Plaza is dedicated to the Central American Countries of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica and also has a bust and plaque in remembrance of Central America's George Washington or Simon Bolivar equivalent, El Genera lFrancisco Morazan, A taxi going back to the airport ordered by the hotel will cost you 60 Soles, I opted to hail a taxi right outside the hotel and he charged 40 Soles to get back to the airport. Overall, the Torreblanca Hostal more than lived up to its high reviews !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jocampo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel is based in the best location of Miraflores, close to the cliff tops where you can walk or run. It is also fairly close to all the great restaurants and bars. It is quite a long way to the centre of Lima but getting the speedy bus to the centre is straightforward.

The hotel is homely if a little dark, breakfast was great with a good selection of things to choose from. The room was fairly large but basic and the bathroom was old and cramped. There wasn't a safe in the room which I would have found useful.

The free airport pick up was appreciated, but the return trip (with the same driver) was quite expensive, but the driver was very friendly.

Overall would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JamesOwen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent two weeks at Hotel Torreblanca during our Global Volunteers trip this fall . Our room was small but had a lovely veranda. Most importantly the staff treated us like family. They were eager to help with any requests. The daily breakfasts were fresh and delicious. You cannot beat the lovely location in Miraflores.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mszeit
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Torre Blanca twice in September/October 2012.
The hotel is in a great location, handy for restaurants, walks along the cliff top and within walking distance of central Miraflores.
On the 1st occasion we were picked up from the airport for a nominal charge and given a large room, almost a suite, on the top floor which we were very happy with. There was a problem with the plumbing but the staff were great and resolved the problem efficiently. Being happy with value for money, we booked again for when we returned to Lima.
On the 2nd occasion we were given a much smaller room which although ok, smelled very damp and musty. We told the staff we were unhappy, and after some debate, we were given another room which was more satisfactory. Also we had been offered a pick up from the bus terminal, but despite emailing the details of our bus arrival, nobody showed to pick us up.
Be aware that you can hear traffic noise (ie horns) from quite early in the morning in the rooms at the front of the hostal.
Staff were generally friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Rooms vary a lot - check them out.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jilly28
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The first two rooms we were offered were AWFUL. Finally, the third time (room 301) was a charm. Basic accommodations; we faced the street and didn't find the traffic noise to be an issue (close your bathroom door and windows to minimize noise).

Breakfast was quite good. Internet was slow and usually only one computer worked. Location was safe and good restaurants right around there if you needed. Front desk staff spoke very good English, but didn't have a ton of helpful recommendations.

Water pressure in the shower varied; sometimes too strong, sometimes nothing at all. Wasn't a huge issue.

Room Tip: If you don't like what you see, ask to see something else. Feel free to ask for anything you do...
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foodiefromupnorth
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night. The next night, I had to leave for the airport at 1:30 AM for an early International flight, so it would have been silly to get a room the 2nd night for a few hours. I checked out at noon and the hotel allowed me to leave my luggage secured there while I explored the city. I returned to the Hostel at 11PM and they allowed me to nap on their couch. Guillermo, who had picked me up from the airport, returned at my request (at 1:30 am) to take me back to the airport. I cannot say enough for the staff, this Hostel, and Guillermo in particular. If I ever return to Lima, there is nowhere else I will even consider staying.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo