Tripadvisor

from $71.30
from $92.00
from $10.00
7,300 results
All reviews guided tour adobe bricks lima culture interesting ruins archaeological site guinea pigs pre inca ruins interesting place english speaking guide entrance fee miraflores district small museum machu picchu mud incas abode clay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The place itself is amazing and the guide was quite good, but the fact they keep live animals in cages make me sick. I would've never visited this place if I'd known they have mini zoo in there. I found that part not only very barbaric, but also completely unnecessary.
So ALERT to all vegans, vegetarians and concience people in general!
There's no book of impressions or complaints so this is the only way for me to express my deep disappointment.

1  Thank Arsen K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visit with my family Huaca Pucllana. Following, some useful tips for you:
1. It is better if you visit it on spring or summer (winter and autumn show some times drizzles), from September to March. The ruin was made of little block of clay and with the drizzle the visit would became very uncomfortable.
From now I assume you followed your first suggestion
2. Carry sun glasses
3 Sun block
4.Bug spray
5. Camera
6. Selfie stick

The walk will take 40 minutes to one hour. Children above 8 years is better, some places are difficult for people in wheelchair or another similar problem (some parts with stairs and rough surfaces).

Reviewed January 21, 2020

My family really enjoyed our tour of this amazing archeological site in the beautiful area of Miraflores. Learning about the Lima culture and seeing the extensive site including gardens of plants and animals was worthwhile. We then ate at the restaurant viewing the ruins a while longer. The food was delicious and the service was very attentive. Highly recommend this if you can fit it into your schedule.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

we visited this restaurant as a group of 9 and based on my research this was a top 25 place. We did not have a good experience. For starters, we felt rush since the very first moment. We felt the mission of the staff is to make sure they get things done as soon as possible and send us out. Waiter was frustrated because we were taking our time to learn and ask about dishes. The food is low quality to us: all dishes were very salty, sauces oscured the flavors, there was no creativity on the use of sauces, combinations of sides. The person pooring the way seemed to have as objective to make sure the entire bottle was distributed at once (in one round).
An example, I ordered the scallops and got what looked like medium size clams (a very tiny piece of seafood) covered in a super strong and salty super salty cheese. I did not even noticed I had eating the so called scaloop !! The translation was wrong, this was not a scallop .... plenty more to say but have not time

Reviewed January 20, 2020

This Huaca is located only a short walk from Parque Kennedy. Unique and filled with history and mystique. Be sure to visit with a guide so you can get the low-down.

Date of experience: September 2019