“Dirty and not a nice hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Continental Lima

Hotel Continental Lima
Ranked #58 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Trondheim, Norway
“Dirty and not a nice hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

I booked a double room, but they gave me a single room. After 4 days i got the double room. The rooms are dirty, my stay was for 2 weeks and i guess i got hot water in the shower just a couple of days (in the morning). 2 small pcs of bread for breakfast, thats all. The coffee was good tho....
There are so many nice hotels in lima, so next time (2009) we are gonna choose another hotel.

• Liked — The coffee
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dofferj
htlcontinental, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Continental Lima, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Friends
Thanks to let us to explain our opinion
I am Michel Palomino my position in the company is Director Marketing and Customer department. The General Manager Mr. Jasmany Huaquisto and the administrator Mrs Maritza Fernandez supports the process that has been developing in the marketing department.

Our point of view about Doffejr`s member comment
Inversiones Turísticas Niconsta owns Hotel Continental property since May of 2007, in November of 2008 after months of complete remodeling work the hotel Continental Lima passed the qualification process and obtains the certification of Peruvian Authority.
It’s a fact that services provided on 2006 to member Doffejr during his stayed at the Hotel was unpleasant experience; please accept our sincere apologies
We request to withdraw the text and 02 photos of the comment. This comment notes the situation of the hotel in 2006. We are a new company committed to innovate and improve our services with high quality standards.
Best regards

Hotel Continental Lima
Customer Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2007

I arrived in Lima at midnight after more than 30hours of travel. Also my transfer to this hotel never showed, causing me a lot of stress to bundle on top of being alone in a strange country where I didn't speak the language. Therefore my attitude to this hotel might be a bit biased.

Construction work was being carried out in the surrounding streets of the hotel which meant the taxi driver had to walk me a block or so. Upon arriving at the hotel and knocking on the door for a minute a man appeared and let me in.
I was checked in simply by gestures, such as handing me a form.

Upon reaching my room I was unimpressed. The facilities were adequate, but for the price I paid they were a let down. The bed was hard, the bathroom old.

The next morning I went down to reception to request they call the transfers company to ensure my transfer would be there that day. I managed to find an English speaking employee which was great.
I went and enjoyed a quick but enjoyable breakfast before going back to reception.
I was advised that the transfer would arrive. However, I was charged for the call made (only 20centados, but still, I did not expect to be charged for this).

In summary, it's a relatively okay hotel, but I did not enjoy it. However as mentioned, that could of been partly due to my situation.

• Liked — the coffee
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo