“Good hotel”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #31 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After 3 weeks of backpacking trough Peru my boyfriend and I decided to go to a nice hotel for our last night. We wanted to stay in Miraflores and had seen the Radisson on our first few days in Lima so decided it would work out for us. It is a nice hotel. The room was big and clean. The beds are comfortable. The pool on the rooftop is great to relax but you have to know that it is not heated. When we got there the room was not ready so they offered us a free drink while waiting witch was fine with us. The breakfast is excellent with so many choices. And this hotel is all about location. It is a walking distance to many things. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our family of seven adults stayed here for one night on the way back from the inca trail. Quite a contrast. Clean comfortable american standard accommodations. Good location in miraflores, close to the waterfront and a view from the cliff overlooking the pacific. Nice rooftop bar and little pool. My only complaint is the concierge sent us to standard hotel referrals, he had a pack of reservation cards in his desk.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed 4 nights in two different rooms. Nice, comfortable and relaxing hotel. Everything you would expect from a Radisson (good bathrooms, nice linens, comfy beds, general cleanliness). Location is very good - close the the shore, parks, shopping, and a good variety of restaurants. Very nice selection for breakfast with a nice variety of local fruit we've never tried before. Room service quick and reasonable.
One star removed for:
(1) restaurant service - clearly waiters need training - pushing, touching, running in front of guests are unacceptable, even though typical in SA. Dinner service very slow.
(2) general service at the from desk - could have been faster
(3) this awkward window in the bathroom that overlooked a run-down inner shaft (?)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendaBaldoceda, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your vacations with us.

We look forward to your next stay.

Brenda Baldoceda
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Radisson Decapolis is a cool oasis when you first arrive to Lima. The large, white reception is a sharp contrast to outside. Easy to get around, and good to get a start in Peru.

Location: short walk to the park along the coast, short walk to JFK park. Safe neighborhood.

Rooms: Can vary greatly in size. Our 3 bedroom was massive, but a 2 person was much smaller. Our room had a bit of a strange smell though, that never did disappear.

Service: All of the restaurants recommended by reception were very good, if a bit expensive.

Breakfast: Really good. Highly recommend.

Best parts: The rooftop. Beautiful rooftop setting. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, and higher up.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I booked my trip thru booking.com a couple of nights before my arrival to Lima, I had all the intentions of enjoying Lima for 7 days, unfortunately my flight was stand by so I couldn't fly that night, I proceeded to cancel my reservation thru booking.com, they were very professional and sent me an email stating the manager, her name MILAGROS MINANO of the Radisson Decapolis in Miraflores, needed prove and documentation of my flight canceling details, I can understand that, so I did, She had all the intentions to charge me the first night penalty for late cancellation from day 1, after providing her all the proof she requested, instead of trying to give a credit of one night or levy the penalty to half of the rate, she sends me an email stating we have contacted the airline and since you are an employee there, you should know your flights are stand by, for that reason my credit card was charge full rate on one night plus other crazy charges of taxes and services, I thinks MILAGROS MINANO should get her facts right before her lies, first I don't work for the airlines, I am a Director of a five star resort in South Beach Miami, she should know if she is a manager of a hotel that if you are related to someone that works for an airline they can extend their benefits to you, which is my case, I think the Radisson deserves a better manager, someone a little more compassionate and with more empathy for her guests unexpected problems, thanks to her I will never go to the Radisson, I travel to Lima frequently since I have family there but I guess it all comes down to the phrase Every Leader can be a manager, but not every manager can be a Leader. I have to admit the location for the Radisson is great just beware of her manager and her employees as they will do what she orders them to do.
HB.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Hans B
BrendaBaldoceda, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience making your reservation with us. We wanted to let you know that the information that you provide doesn't apply the No show charge based on the type of your airline ticket(subject to the flight availability), We usually exonerate charges based on confirmation flight cancelled, bad weather, accidents, etc; For that reason, unfortunately we could not exonerate the charge of the no-show.

Will be a pleasure to assist you in another opportunity

Best Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Spent 4 nights a these exceptionally well located hotel. Had a junior suite for $159 US/night including breakfast which is an incredibly price in my opinion. The room was large and clean but some what dated and had a very worn feeling to it.
The lobby, breakfast room, rooftop bar and pool area were obviously updated recently.
The staff could not have been more helpful.
The breakfast was excellent.
Generally would say a nice bargain priced hotel. Certainly not ultra luxury but for that price what a value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were very pleased with our stay in Lima for several nights on our way to Macchu Picchu. The service, room and breakfast were just superb meeting all our expectations. Of special note are the hotel taxis and drivers (new black Toyota Corrollas with drivers in a suit and tie). Our driver Sergio was so accommodating, he spent the whole day with us taking us to all of the sites for a very reasonable fee. If you are staying in Lima, you will not be disappointed.