“Perfect location, excellent breakfast to start off our Peruvian holiday”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #31 of 229 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst in Lima. The hotel was splendid - pretty standard radisson layout.
The breakfast was just amazing - one of the best we had on that holiday. The roof top bar had quite a lovely set up too.
In terms of location it was perfect, could walk to a lot of the important places to see in miraflores. Felt very safe.

• Stayed: September 2013
BrendaBaldoceda, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us . We look forward to your next visit.

Cordially,

Brenda Baldoceda
Guest Service Manager

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel room was spacious and furnished with a small living room area that included sofa, chair, and coffee table; the bathroom was impeccable and complete with good quality cosmetics. The complementary breakfast was incredibly elaborate and offered a bevy of items on buffet laden with breads, cereals, fruit and cheese platters and a mountain of sliced meats. One could also select from menu for a variety of hot choices. Service in the dining room was hit or miss!! .....smiles were scarce!! Desk clerks were more more congenial, helpful, and quite efficient. The only serious drawback was the fact that our room looked out on roof and another section of a wall. That truly disappointed me for the cost of the room. We were there for 2 1/2 days and enjoyed the safety of the area that allowed us to venture out for shopping and dining.
Caroline

Room Tip: Ensure that when you book the room, you are not facing walls etc. The air conditioning wasn't n...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were very happy with our stay here. Despite arriving quite early in the morning (way before check-in time), the staff ensured a room was made up as quickly as possible to let us check in. Whilst that was going to take an hour or so, they ushered us to the restaurant for a really sumptuous breakfast. That good, attentive service had not gone unnoticed and we are really appreciative. Thank you again to the staff for making good recommendations on things to do around our hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here twice this month...once between a Machu Picchu trip and an Amazon Adventure and then a couple of nights before going home to the US. I was traveling alone and this place was perfect. It's in a safe location with all sorts of great places nearby where a woman alone can walk without concern. They kept one of my bags in storage between my two visits and took good care of it. The breakfasts were fantastic! I chose American style food once and Peruvian another time...exotic fresh fruits all the time! I got a $10/night bar credit--not sure if that was just part of the room deal or part of a Club Carlson reward bit. On my last night I ate in their restaurant and it was a gourmet's delight. Cherimoya crème brulee is amazing!! The rooms I had were very clean and modern....good toiletries in the bathroom (and big enough that they came in handy in the Amazon)....hairdryer, iron and safe in room, too. Internet was powerful and free. I'll stay there again!

Room Tip: If you're not a member of Club Carlson, the Radisson rewards program, join it and you'll get...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Decapolis Miarflores we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Lima!

Brenda Baldoceda
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We decided to splash out for our last night of our holiday and my friend's membership earned a nice upgrade to a large junior suite - I could get used to all that space! Our room seemed to be sandwiched between two lifts so as a light sleeper, I was disturbed slightly early morning. Location is very convenient for shops and restaurants and not far from JFK park for a shoe shine. I was disappointed that we could not use the pool area on our stay as it was reserved for a party. Breakfast was indeed a nice spread but we would have liked to have seen some of Peru' delicious avocados on the buffet. Someone mentioned below that you can order one item off the menu - I ordered two with no questions asked. However, for the price if it were not for the upgrade I would pay less for Hotel Rincu (see my other reviews)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for business since 2007. My typical stay is for 5 nights, at least twice a year. I truly enjoy the convenient location in the Miraflores area, along with the superior service at the restaurants in the property.
However, thanks to the issue I am going to relate, I will never stay at this hotel or any other Radisson property again…
When I checked in this past Sunday, I was notified that I had made a duplicated reservation. I don’t recall doing it, nor do I have any email communication for the alleged second reservation. I was informed that I was going to be charged for a no show, which the hotel did regardless of the obvious fact that it was a mistake, most likely from Radisson website or their reservation system. Talking with the reservation agent at the hotel and Customer Service Manager did not help, and finally I was informed today via a counter agent, that the Hotel Manager had denied my request for credit back to my credit card. He did not even have the courtesy to notify me directly. This rude attitude is a clear indication that my business is not important to them, so I will take it somewhere else from now on.

Beware of this hotel and their arrogant management!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank casabru
BrendaBaldoceda, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

We greatly appreciate for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor website. Your perception is a valuable tool we take into consideration in order to improve the quality of the product and service we provide to all our customers. We understand the inconvenience that you experienced but unfortunately we have some internal policies to apply in case of reservation duplicity. We sincerely hope to have the possibility to serve you again in the future, until then I remain at your service. Sincerely, Brenda Baldoceda Guest Service

Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a week in tents and budget hotels trekking the Inca Trail, my husband and I decided clean beds and linens with a hot shower was in order.

We booked last minute; received an upgrade to a junior suite; taxi arranged for morning airport pick up.

Location: In Miraflores, not near Lima's center. Close to the ocean, but still a (long) walk to the beach. Cab ride from airport.

Staff: courteous and extremely helpful.

Rooms: Immaculate. Our corner room had almost floor to ceiling windows (started from about a foot off the floor). Bed and linens were fresh and clean. Bathroom had a large tub and shower, also clean. A refreshing respite from a week of camping.

Hotel: Perhaps it was the sharp contrast to the other lodgings, but the Radisson in Miraflores reminded us more of a modern, luxury hotel than a budget friendly family place. Think the Andaz on Sunset Strip crossed with the Standard in Hollywood. In the States, Radisson is synonymous with Disneyland and suburban conference sites. Not this Radisson.

Breakfast was an immense spread of fruits -- tropical and seasonal, cheeses, meats, pastries, and you could also order one item off the menu. This included omelet or something hot.

Overall, a pleasant surprise and a wonderful night's stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple