“Nice Final Night in Peru”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #27 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We decided to splash out for our last night of our holiday and my friend's membership earned a nice upgrade to a large junior suite - I could get used to all that space! Our room seemed to be sandwiched between two lifts so as a light sleeper, I was disturbed slightly early morning. Location is very convenient for shops and restaurants and not far from JFK park for a shoe shine. I was disappointed that we could not use the pool area on our stay as it was reserved for a party. Breakfast was indeed a nice spread but we would have liked to have seen some of Peru' delicious avocados on the buffet. Someone mentioned below that you can order one item off the menu - I ordered two with no questions asked. However, for the price if it were not for the upgrade I would pay less for Hotel Rincu (see my other reviews)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for business since 2007. My typical stay is for 5 nights, at least twice a year. I truly enjoy the convenient location in the Miraflores area, along with the superior service at the restaurants in the property.
However, thanks to the issue I am going to relate, I will never stay at this hotel or any other Radisson property again…
When I checked in this past Sunday, I was notified that I had made a duplicated reservation. I don’t recall doing it, nor do I have any email communication for the alleged second reservation. I was informed that I was going to be charged for a no show, which the hotel did regardless of the obvious fact that it was a mistake, most likely from Radisson website or their reservation system. Talking with the reservation agent at the hotel and Customer Service Manager did not help, and finally I was informed today via a counter agent, that the Hotel Manager had denied my request for credit back to my credit card. He did not even have the courtesy to notify me directly. This rude attitude is a clear indication that my business is not important to them, so I will take it somewhere else from now on.

Beware of this hotel and their arrogant management!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank casabru
BrendaBaldoceda, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

We greatly appreciate for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor website. Your perception is a valuable tool we take into consideration in order to improve the quality of the product and service we provide to all our customers. We understand the inconvenience that you experienced but unfortunately we have some internal policies to apply in case of reservation duplicity. We sincerely hope to have the possibility to serve you again in the future, until then I remain at your service. Sincerely, Brenda Baldoceda Guest Service

Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a week in tents and budget hotels trekking the Inca Trail, my husband and I decided clean beds and linens with a hot shower was in order.

We booked last minute; received an upgrade to a junior suite; taxi arranged for morning airport pick up.

Location: In Miraflores, not near Lima's center. Close to the ocean, but still a (long) walk to the beach. Cab ride from airport.

Staff: courteous and extremely helpful.

Rooms: Immaculate. Our corner room had almost floor to ceiling windows (started from about a foot off the floor). Bed and linens were fresh and clean. Bathroom had a large tub and shower, also clean. A refreshing respite from a week of camping.

Hotel: Perhaps it was the sharp contrast to the other lodgings, but the Radisson in Miraflores reminded us more of a modern, luxury hotel than a budget friendly family place. Think the Andaz on Sunset Strip crossed with the Standard in Hollywood. In the States, Radisson is synonymous with Disneyland and suburban conference sites. Not this Radisson.

Breakfast was an immense spread of fruits -- tropical and seasonal, cheeses, meats, pastries, and you could also order one item off the menu. This included omelet or something hot.

Overall, a pleasant surprise and a wonderful night's stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Radisson Decapolis Miraflores is located in an impressive building with pool, gym, restaurant and 2 bars. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs in Miraflores, 1 km from the Larcomar shopping area. The daily buffet breakfast with fresh juices. To my view one of the best hotels in the city of Lima

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Good food and great location!!!Great staff, helpfull and very nice people!! Location is perfect for a great stay in a beautifull city!!!! Neer Larcomar and many other beautifull places in Lima, if you want a great hotel choose this one !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights and they were very accommodating. The hotel is in a good area. It's 10 minutes walking to Kennedy park and Lacomar (shopping mall with a lot of American based stores and restaurants including TGIFridays). It is about 20 or more minutes walking to the Indian Markets, I would recommend a taxi for this. There are multiple private taxis and public taxis around to grab. There is a small convenient store about 2-3 blocks to the left of the hotel which helps if you want a few cheap beers, water, etc.

Our room was great. We had a king sized bed and no one questioned two women sleeping in the same bed together. Overall we felt very comfortable in this hotel and would go so far as to say that they were gay-friendly. This made a pleasant stay for us. Everyone who worked at the hotel that we encountered were very accommodating and wanted to ensure that our stay not just at the Radisson but in Lima, was excellent. This was refreshing.

The bed was comfortable. The bathroom and shower were huge with good water pressure. Our view was that of Lima, which is less than to be desired for most of it. We looked out over the tops of buildings and clothing lines. We were on the 10th floor. The 12th floor bar/ pool seemed very chic and exciting. Too bad it was gloomy and cold the entire time we visited.

The breakfast was by far the best we had in Peru. Fruits, bread, cheese, pastries and a set menu for which you can choice an option including an omelet, crepes, eggs Benedict and several classic Peruvian dishes. The food was so good that we went back for dinner one night. (By the way, Peruvians eat lunch around 2-3pm and dinner around 9-10pm). Our dinner was amazing. Our server, Alonso was so energetic and eager to talk with us, wait on us and receive any feedback we had about the hotel or Lima. I had lomo saltado. It was shaped like Machu Picchu which was very cool. The wine was also great.

The hotel arranged a taxi to take us to the airport on our departure. They also offered to check us in and print out our boarding passes. It takes about 30-45 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel. I would get to the airport 3 hours prior to departure if you are going on an international flight.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would stay here again. Miraflores is definitely the area you will want to stay in.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall good hotel experience. The location is great, 7 mins away from Kennedy Park, 10 minutes away from Larcomar and other surrounding attractions. The rooms are well-sized, clean and well maintained, although slightly dated compared to the new modern lobby. Breakfast buffet included in the room rate is fantastic, with many cold and hot selections and local fresh fruit. Front desk staff were always very helpful, spoke good English and helped us to make local calls and book airport transportation. Whether for business travel or leisure, this is a solid hotel choice.