“Bar on the terrace smells like a dirty bathroom”

Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores
Ranked #26 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was just with some friends at the bar on the terrace at the top of the Radisson Decapolis. The atmosphere was excellent. Even slightly reminded me of a Las Vegas club. The drinks are priced in line with other locations in Miraflores. However, the service was slow. I believe this was due to a large group next to us. The main problem though was that the terrace smelled literally like feces or a dirty bathroom. We were far from the bathrooms. It was to the point that it made us want to vomit and had no choice but to leave this bar. We informed the staff of this problem and they later returned with the answer that it was not from the hotel. This was unacceptable as it was quite obvious it was from the hotel. This was my first time at this bar/hotel and I have to say I will not likely go back due to the problems and the indifference of the bar staff. I would like to go back as I think it is an excellent location and has a great atmosphere, but doubt I will.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
DeboraAvalos, Guest Service Manager at Radisson Hotel Decapolis Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Tripadvisor website. We always use this important information in order to improve our service.

We apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel bar on the terrace. I have addressed your comments regarding the smell and the explanation that our staff provided you with our Management, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again. I would like to let you know that our Maintenance team are working in order to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

We sincerely hope to have the possibility to serve you again in the future, until then I remain at your service.

Kind regards,

Debora Avalos
Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of a 16 day tour of Peru. It has a good location in Miraflores, which is the nicest part of the city to stay in. From the hotel, you can walk down to the beachfront, and can also walk easily up to Park Kennedy and it's not far along to Larcomar. There is also a bank directly across from the hotel.

The standard room we stayed (802) in was fairly compact, but not too small. It was nicely furnished and very clean and the bathroom was a decent size. The highlight of this hotel for us was the breakfast - great buffet and also can order eggs, bacon, pancakes etc. Also the WIFI was very good and fast, except in the roof bar where it didn't work very well -there seem to be a number of different networks, and we had to use a different one in the ground floor bar, to the one which we had been using in the room.

The reason for 4 stars? I do have one complaint - the music in the bars was awful. Pumping dance tracks in the middle of the afternoon?? Perhaps this is to dissuade people from using the $10 drinks allowance that is included in the room rate? The roof bar should be a relaxing haven, not feel like a nightclub at 6pm!

All staff were very polite and helpful, especially when we arrived at 10am. I expected to just leave the luggage and come back and get the room key later, but the lady on reception called up to housekeeping and found there was a suitable room ready and so we were able to check in straight away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ellemmek
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Best if all - great staff - what beats a smile when you are in a foreign country ?? Lovely breakfast - comfortable room - and possibly the most lkind and professional staff I have yet to experience anywhere else in the world!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travel a lot on business and am a bit too used to hotels which might be anywhere on earth. On the other hand, i don't want to stay in a dump just because it's authentic. I really like the Radisson Lima because it combines star quality accommodation while being firmly Peruvian. The staff - just as helpful as others have said and good English-speakers are all local and enthusiastic and the breakfast is remarkably good while having almost no standard tourist items whatever. Orange juice? What's that? Try papaya juice or two others whose names I can't even remember. Corn flakes? Nope, but a huge choice of cereal and fruit elements. Bacon and egg? Nah, but a choice of a dozen types of omelet, all of them new to me.

And the room is SO large that if you have something you want at the other side of the room you seriously think "Can I be bothered to go all that way to get it?" Discreet, effective air conditioning, plug converters available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel is very well located, just a few blocks away from Plaza del Amor and Larcomar mall. Rooms are tidy, comfortable. I had an issue in the beginning, the taxi I had scheduled to pick me up at the airport wasn't thee by mistake. When I got to the hotel, not only the apologies, I got complementary gifts and the taxi drive back to the airport as a courtesy. Putting that aside, I always had excellent attention from the front desk and the people at breakfast. I definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We only stayed the one night here. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a bigger room, which was clean and tidy, with a nice big bed. Bathroom was also a good size with nice products. We had a complementary Pisco sour at the bar, which was the strongest one we had on our whole trip, very yummy! The restaurant was very good, and breakfast was excellent, the eggs benedict was very nice indeed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We staid 4 nights at this hotel. Great service and value, it might cost a bit more than others but this little extra is really worth it.
Super friendly stuff, clean rooms and an amazing location. Close to the best restaurants in Lima, the sea side and shopping malls.

To me what makes this hotel special is the breakfast in the mornings (which is included in the room price). It is an amazing quality buffet with a la carte options, also included in the price. We tried different things and we liked one thing more than the other....what a great way to start the day!

Also, you have $10 a day to free to spend at the hotel bar which you can also use to buy sodas or water.

Here is a good tip if you need a ride to the airport. The cars from the hotel at a bit expensive but you can ask for a Taxi Satelitar at the front desk and they will happily do it. These Satelitar Taxis are as good as the cars from the hotel and cost 60%.

Room Tip: Not the last floor close to the swimming pool as it can be a bit noisy in the morning.