See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Garden Hotel has modest facilities. It had a homey feel but I wasn't a fan of the wall-to-wall carpet in the room, as it looked dated. Stayed here for more than a week - I experienced troublesome wifi connection at times and sadly, the same breakfast every day. Had room service for dinner a few times - the lomo saltado, in particular, was quite good. Hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. Housekeeping staff kept the room clean and bed nicely-made, something to look forward to after a long day. For hotels in its class, I give Garden Hotel a "very good" rating.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2016

I stayed here for a week & its was a very good stay. Staffs are very helpful & behave very friendly. One good thing is most of them speak English.

The breakfast menu is very limited. WiFi is good & fast enough

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2015

The reason I stayed here was because it is near to the long distance bus terminals. Im so glad I had only booked for one night, the television didnt work, the safe was not digital and the key was missing, I could hear the guest in the next room snoring, the bathroom was dirty / WIFI kept disconnecting. The next morning I felt like I couldnt breathe properly because of the old musty carpet in the room. The only thing memorable about breakfast was how dry the bread was. The reception was not friendly either all in all best avoided! This is not a 4 star hotel as portrayed on their website!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2015

The main advantage of the Garden Hotel is that it is conveniently located a mere two short blocks from the Westin Hotel and Conference Centre. The area also appears to be relatively safe to walk around at night. Also comparatively inexpensive by Lima, although I personally find USD 140 per night for a couple including breakfast to be bordering on the expensive for what I would class as a 3 star hotel as best. That is over the odds in terms of price in Europe. The rooms are not at all soundproof and there is a lot of noise from the street and from the adjacent construction site - which worked all night the second night we were there. Our room was on the 6th floor, but still a lot of street noise. On top of that, the first night there was a problem with the fire alarm in the corridor, which gave a loud beep every few minutes all night. Some other reviewers have indicated dissatisfaction with the breakfast choice, we found it to be perfectly adequate. They do serve evening meals, reasonably tasty but the restaurant itself is pretty characterless. Stay here for convenience, not for the surroundings. No major complaints, but certainly nothing special. The free wifi worked well from our room and was quite a fast connection.

Room tip: request a room on the top floor. The view will be no better, but hopefully you will have less noise from the street
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2015

I stayed here one night because of its proximity to the bus station. The hotel was rather nice for the price. Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was okay. I would stay again if ever in Lima again.

Date of stay: September 2015