“COUNTRY CLUB HOTEL”

Ranked #13 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Los Angeles, California
“COUNTRY CLUB HOTEL”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with a great location a superb restaurant. The service is friendly and both the bar and the outside patio are great places to enjoy a Pisco Sour. Our room was spacious and very clean with Wi-Fi and a wide range of TV channels.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the lower rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rosa_Deustua, Gerente at Country Club Lima Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on Trip Advisor.
We are very pleased to read you enjoy your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience our gastronomy at the Perroquet and well known Pisco Sour at Bar Ingles.
Both, our Bar and Restaurant are a meeting point for Limenos throughout the week.
Your comments motivate our staff to continue concentrating on providing our guests great service.

Rosa Deustua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Orinda, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I travel to Lima for business a few times a year and I always look forward to seeing my friends at the Country Club Lima Hotel. The service is impeccable and all of the staff is so kind and considerate. I am especially grateful that they allow me to play their piano while I stay. This hotel is first class with exceptional location, gorgeous atmosphere and nice spacious rooms. It is a real treat to visit Lima and stay at the comfortable Country Club Lima Hotel.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Country Club Lima Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to read that you really feel at home during your stay with us. We assure you that our staff enjoys your piano performance.
Comments like yours motivate our staff to continue performing their duties with pride and dedication.

Thank you once again.
Kind regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My partner and I spent one night at the County Club Hotel in Lima in March 2013. After checking in, we were taken to our room. As soon as the door opened and I stepped in, I was overwhelmed by a stench that smelled a lot like urine. I spent two minutes in the room and felt nearly sick from the smell. I thought that perhaps it was a reaction to a cleaning solvent, except that my boyfriend was extremely bothered by the smell as well. I went back down to reception and explained the problem. The woman I spoke with gave me a knowing look, even stated that they had a mildew issue, called the manager, and they agreed to relocate us to another room. We went to that room which also smelled upon stepping in, but not as badly. As we unpacked, I noticed visible mold on two of the three walls. It looked like it had been painted over, but there was still large and visible mold marks streaking the walls.

This hotel appears to have a very serious mold and mildew issue that it is trying to hide from guests. I noted it and complained to the staff at check out and got a very dismissive response. I additionally remarked on it in a comment card, included my contact information, and got no response. I do not have allergies and still found it to be a very uncomfortable stay and night's sleep. Anyone with mold or mildew sensitivities should not even consider staying here.

Beyond the mold, I found the room dated and worn. Chipped paint, a dated bathroom with the finish coming off of the fake brass, etc. The hotel is in need of updating and upgrading in order to justify the cost and reputation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.
Please accept our apologies for not providing you with the quality of service you expected and deserve.
We have taken corrective maintenance actions regarding your comments.

I would like to share with you that we share all our comment cards with our Department Heads on a weekly basis and reply to all of them, either good or bad. I am personally looking into this matter to see what has happened to the comments of the week you stayed with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Lima country club is a grand old hotel but to be honest there are better hotels in Lima. I am sure in its glory days it was great, but compared to the westin where we spent our return night it is lacking in some departments. Better skip

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosa_Deustua, Gerente at Country Club Lima Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest ,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Please accept our apologies if you did not receive the personal and dedicated service we provide to our guests from all our departments.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It's a beautiful property but the good news ends right there. Reception staff lurched between being disinterested and dismissive. Our superior room had no windows. Other writers have bemoaned this. The hotel seems to wish fudge this issue. I agree with other writers that its not acceptable in a top end 5 * to have a room with no windows. Buyer beware.

We had problems with our reservation. I think it's likely that or agent made an error however staff, including senior management did not behave in the manner you would expect from an international 5* hotel of this type. Quite clearly they were wrapped up in corporate functions which had filled the hotel. We were people of no importance. I've been to supermarkets with staff were more engaging, more interested and more professional.

In the end we departed and checked into a competitor hotel owned by a well known Swiss company (currently No 1 on trip advisor) - crikey what a difference. You can have the best real estate in the world however it's worth nothing if your team don't care about the client.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank brightonbeachboy
Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you with the room you expected in such short notice. Our employees, including senior management Staff always have a personal concern to fulfill our guest requests I regret to read that the way this was handled was not appropriate for you . I will personally look into this in order to take corrective actions. Our reservations team provided support to your agency contacting properties with availability for your additional nights .

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Best-located in San Isidro, one of the best residential areas in Lima, in front of the Golf club you will find this very good hotel. The excptional building will welcome you in a luxury atmosphere where you will enjoy a very good service in a spacious hotel. The restarurante , the terrace , the rooms, everything is really spacious and gives you a comfortable feeling.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rosa_Deustua, Gerente at Country Club Lima Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Country Club Lima Hotel.
The Hotel´s beautiful architecture from 1926, is indeed a point of reference in Lima, which is complimented by the gastronomy of our Perroquet Restaurant.
Our team has a personal compromise to provide personal service in order to make sure that every person that stays with us or enjoys our restaurant has a memorable experience.

Thank you once again and we hope to be at your service in a near future.

Kind regards

Lima, Peru
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a beautiful, very elegant hotel in San Isidro, in front of the Golf Club with a beautiful entrance. It has one of the best restaurants in Lima, Le Perroquet, lots of boutiques, gardens. The service is extraordinary.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rosa_Deustua, Gerente at Country Club Lima Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor.
We value your comments which , reinforces our commitment to provide a personal service to our guests .