“Totally Recommended”

Ranked #33 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
“Totally Recommended”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good hotel for a short stay in Lima. Everything is clean and tidy, staff is really really kind and helpful. Not a top luxury hotel, but have all the amenities someone would expect to have a great rest after a day getting to know Lima: big nice bed, great pillows, and spacious clean bathrooms. Breakfast have all the basics you would expect for a 4 star hotel, and staff is there to take care of any additional requirement you might have during the meal.

I don't give it 5 stars because my first room did not have a fully functioning air conditioner, but after a couple of calls (1st for a technician, 2nd to order a room change) we were changed to other room with a great air conditioner. It is important to notice that my girlfriend's parents got a perfect temperature room.

We gave the staff a list of restaurants for them to get us reservations, and they were very helpful even recommending a couple they had some kind of deal with, getting us a great free pisco sour as welcome drink (and great food also - Lima 27 the place).

To wrap up, I would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
svizzera
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good and new business hotel. Room was clean and duly furnished with a modern style.
One aspect that could be improved is the breakfast that is average, something more accurate would have suited better considering the level the hotel pretends to be. Location is good for starting the day in the trafficated Lima.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had been looking at this hotel on hot wire and thought it looked terrific at $110.00 then when I went to hot wire to book it had been reduced to $78 a night. It looked great in the pictures but I thought $78 how good could it be? Well it is FABULOUS!!!! Reminds me a lot of the Mondrian on sunset strip in west Hollywood ca. Very sleek and. Modern lobby with agents at the desk with big smiles and speak English. Rooms are roomy with wonderful beds and feather comforters and duvet. Great shower and lovely bath sheets. This price also included breakfast. Bacon, eggs, best fruit I have ever tasted, all minds of pastries, pancakes, potatoes and coffee. All in all I think this hotel should have 5 stars. It is every bit as good as the ritz Carlton chain. Close to Rodeo drive type shopping and many restaurants within walking distance. Always a driver in a nice car available to drive you at the same rate as a taxi. If you're coming to Lima, stay here you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: What a deal !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Although we only spent one night in Lima, the NM Hotel was a great choice. We were greeted at the airport and transported to the hotel. After checking in, we ventured into the bar where redeemed our coupons for a 'Welcome" Pisco Sour (fermented wine drink). The staff was professional, friendly and attentive. We ordered dinner and when it arrived, each entree was beautifully presented. I had the pizza, which was excellent. We had an early flight, so when leaving (at 4 AM) we each received a sack breakfast that included a hot ham and egg panini, apple, and yogurt. The hotel transport was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed December 24, 2012

After traveling around Peru for two weeks I decided to book a nicer property the night before returning to the US. I found NM Hotel using TripAdvisor and now I must come back to confirm what a positive experience I had. I recommend checking the prices on Expedia and a few travel sites, as I got a discounted rate much lower than their onsite prices.

As mentioned in a few other reviews the hotel is located in a nice area with a good number of choices for food, entertainment and shopping. I had actually been not a block from it earlier in my travels and had commented on liking the area, so when I found out where the hotel was it was a nice surprise.

Check in was a breeze! Standard check in procedures and they gave me and my traveling buddy each a coupon for a free Pisco Sour in the hotel bar, and provided the Wifi password without me having to ask for it. As I am a nerd at heart, one thing I noticed was that the internet signal is strong throughout the building. They have access points about every 25' in the hall and they seem to pay for a good amount of bandwidth. I was running multiple apps and chats on my laptop and phone and the connection didn't bog down at all. Compared to what I've run into down here, that is worth the price of admission!!!

The room I stayed in was the double twin variety. I'd estimate it was about 12' x 50' (3m x 15m). Spacious, with modern styling. I was really a fan of the bathroom. laid out well, clean, and had really nice facilities.

If you are not a Spanish speaker, the front desk staff and the TV both offer bilingual options which was nice. My Spanish circuit in my brain was long broken down by the end of the trip.

Sidenote: I did not really use many of the services, but the only thing I asked was easily accommodated --- I had to ask for a luggage scale to weight my bags before the airport and they were most helpful with that.

I gave good ratings on the Sleep, Swimming Pool and Spa based on the rest of hotel performance. I neither slept, swam or used the spa --- got too busy with other stuff and decided to stay up all night before my 5am trip to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christopher M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I started out on the wrong foot with this hotel, as the airport transfer, which I had booked by e-mail, was not there on arrival. When I tried to call the hotel from the airport, no one answered. After some time, however, someone with a card with my name on it did turn up. I was given a discount for the delay after I complained.

When I arrived at the hotel, there was a queue for check-in, which meant a wait. Overall, the hotel seemed like a very ‘hip’ place, probably for a target group of people who like to enjoy the nightlife, and not necessarily the business traveller.

From that point on, things got better, though; the room was rather standard, but with some fashionable touches; nice blue light in the window, pleasant bathroom with good bathtub and shower, amenities, everything very clean. Plasma TV on wall, comfortable bed, locker, etc. – well laid-out and well-functioning. Breakfast excellent, free welcome drink a nice touch.

What really sets this hotel apart, however, is the excellent service level: front-desk, bar staff, doormen, breakfast staff, everyone is very friendly and ready to help. This is a great team, and this made the experience very positive overall.

One last drawback: hotel taxis are disproportionally more expensive than street taxi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel is located in a safe and upmarket area of Lima and is well placed for local shops and restaurants. It is a very well managed hotel and feels spacious, clean and modern. The staff are very professional, attentive and friendly. The hotel arranged transport from the airport - very handy given it was my first time in Lima and I didn't want to risk jumping into an unlicensed taxi by mistake. During my stay I made several requests and all were met to my satisfaction without any problems. As a solo traveller I was made to feel very welcome and I liked the hotel so much that I stayed again a few days later following a trip to Cusco. Take advantage of the free welcome drink upon arrival - the 'infamous' Pisco Sour. A very nice touch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family