$210
$131
  • Breakfast included
$430
1,579 results
All reviewsgreat hotelbusiness tripguest relationsthe executive loungethe usual amenitieshotel is cleanstar hotelrooms are largebreakfast buffet isgymcomforterembassiestaxiuberjacuzzimirafloresneighborhoods
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I arrived excited to stay at Los Delifins very tired and looking forward to enjoying the amenities such hot tub , pool, and internet , however, none were available because everything was closed by 4pm . I was greeted by rude and snobby staff . The Casino is okay and that is why I figured it would be fun to stay there but it is over priced and really out of way from shopping you are better off staying in Miraflores . Check out process is long and drawn out . If you want shuttle service they want to charge you an arm and a leg .

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2009

a very pleasent hotel to stay in great rooms good food and great service when needing to relax from a hectic schedule of trips around the country this was a nice place to stay the second time i had been here and i will return for more

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Upon arriving at the Delfines Hotel at about midnight, we were told that they didn't have a room available that night even though our 2 night stay had been booked months in advance through a tour company. We know the reservation was made because the front desk had our paperwork from the tour company waiting for us.

They didn't seem too concerned or apologetic for a hotel that tries to be upscale. After a wait of a half hour, they told us they had found us a room at another hotel and that a car was waiting to take us there. After arriving at the other hotel, the driver told us we owed him $16 US for the short ride. I replied that I thought The Delfines was paying for it, but he said they weren't. I don't know for sure if they did or not, or if the driver was just double-dipping. The price seemed steep, but it was a town car and not a taxi and it was late, so I just paid it.

The next morning we were informed by the front desk at the other hotel, that The Delfines had a room for us that night, and that we had to go back there. When we checked in, I complained about not having our room the night before and about having to pay for the car. I requested a room upgrade or a free dinner. The clerk talked to the manager who told us they would not do either of those things, but that they would make it up to us.

After reaching our room, a room service waiter delivered a plate with chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate truffles and a few pastries. A note of apology was included. Then when we returned to the room later in the day, there was a small shopping bag on each of our beds which contained a logo coffee mug, some pens and some wrapped candies. Although they at least tried to make up for the problems, I don't think what they provided compensated for the inconvienences that we experienced.

Aside from all that, the hotel itself is fairly nice. It's in an upscale neighborhood with a golf course right next to it. The room was comfortable, but a little small. The bathroom was nice, but also not very large or luxurious.

Based on what you get for the rate charged, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. I would recommend instead Los Conquistadores Hotel. We spent a night here about a week later after returning to Lima from other parts of Peru. It is in a neighborhood that's just as nice and we paid about a third what was charged at the Delphines, and we got a suite (although that might have been a special that was offered at the time).

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank DanLV
Reviewed September 3, 2007

It is difficult for me to write a review on Los Delfines. I’ve been there a lot of times on business trips and must say the experience is different each time. In any case, I am used to this hotel. It is the one chosen by the company I work for and have to go there.

Service is unstable, because they have a great personnel turnover. You can hardly see the same staff twice (with the exception of the bellboy, a very nice person). So, although I am a regular, I do not feel like it on my visits there.

Location: It is located in the San Isidro district, one of the best neighborhoods in Lima (together with Miraflores). It is 10 minute taxi drive to the business part of San Isidro where most companies and banks are located. Downtown Lima is far and depending on the traffic (always chaotic) it can take 45 minutes or more.
It is just in front of the golf club, so if you plan to play it may be a good choice. Other than that (with the exception of the Country Club Hotel and the recently opened Starbucks right in front) there are not restaurants or shops around the hotel. If you plan a more gastronomic trip (there are very interesting choices there) Miraflores may be a better choice.

Property: It is a thirteen-story building, with an open view from many of the rooms, many of them facing the golf fields. It has a large pool where two dolphins (which give the hotel its name –“delfines” is the Spanish word for dolphins) swim around. Hotel personnel feed and train the dolphins and people gather in the windows to watch the show. I personally do not like the idea of two of the nicest animals on earth be imprisoned there for the amusing of guests, but many find it a very interesting feature of this hotel.
The lobby area has been redecorated, with a questionable taste, in my opinion.

Food: It has two restaurants with interesting choices and not-that-interesting price, and a bar on the basement where you can see the dolphins swim. Good “pisco sour” and some interesting choices of finger food (“piqueos” in Spanish) at the bar on the afternoons.
Good buffet for breakfast with many choices, good juices and decent coffee.

Rooms: Are spacious and clean. They have a large bathroom with tub, coffee maker, iron board, cable TV (including free HBO, Movie City and other premium channels), etc.
Beds are large and comfortable. Internet connection (not wi-fi) available in the rooms (do not remember if has an extra charge).

Service: As I mentioned at the beginning: it depends. Sometimes you receive a great service and other times the worst. It is common for me to see people complaining at the front desk for the most different reasons. This is not a good signal.
In one occasion, I was asked (more than asked, almost forced) to change my room twice because they have had a problem with other rooms. If you are a frequent traveler you know that “problem with one of the rooms” means overbooking.
There are not big problems, just many small service deficiencies, which are not acceptable in a five-star hotel with a five-star price.
The check-in and check-out processes are extremely long. They have to make copies of the stamp on your passport and the xerox machine is out of service on most times.

Los Delfines "could" be a great hotel. But in 5-star hotels, service is what makes the difference. And service here is not up to the expectations.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Bostero
Reviewed May 12, 2007

While on a three week tour of South America with Globus, our group was booked into the Delfines Hotel & Casino which is rated superior first class. Arriving very late at night, we had only a few hours at the hotel before flying out early the next morning. The room I had was comfortable and reasonably well furnished with the usual amenities, but anyone staying there had better like the color blue because the walls are blue, the lobby is blue, practically everything is blue! When I awakened, I discovered blood spots on my nightclothes and realized I had been bitten by bedbugs! I reported this to the tour director who then told the desk. As we would be staying here again several nights later, I wanted to be sure to get a different room and hoped the hotel would respond quickly to this problem.

Three nights later, the group was back again at the Delfines Hotel for one night and as soon as I entered the (different) room I sprayed bug repellant on every possible surface in the room--mattress, headboard, comforter, carpet, etc. and I kept my suitcase tightly zipped up. I had not been bitten when I awoke but the tour director and another party on the tour had both been bitten and were, of course, both very upset by it. The tour director spoke to the desk personnel again and reported that their attitude was simply to shrug their shoulders.

A couple of other things that should be mentioned were the cost of everything in the hotel--outrageous by any standards. For example a small bottle of water supplied to each guest room was $6 USD-- the highest fee charged by any hotel we stayed in in three weeks! Also, you should be aware that the hotel keeps two wild dolphins in a very, very small pool for the entertainment of their guests. For that reason alone, I would avoid the Delfines Hotel in the future but when you combine that with the superior attitude of the staff, the expense of food and beverages, AND the bedbugs, why would anyone want to stay there?

• Stayed: April 2007