“Old Property in need of some care !!”

Ranked #39 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Virginia
“Old Property in need of some care !!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in Lima. It was a huge disappointment as I found the property to be old and not very attractive. The location, near the downtown area, was not very convenient for shopping and dining options, although it made traveling to some old historic tourist sites easier due to its proximity. Lima has many nicer and newer, albeit more expensive,
hotels and staying at this 3 star hotel is not worth the money for both time it takes to get to most tourist locations and value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments through Trip Advisor.

I apologize for not have reach your expectations. Please be informed that at the moment, the 85% of our rooms have been renovated.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, in order to offer a fully refurbished room and the best quality of our service.

Director of Guest Services and Public Relations
Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Sheraton is the only high class hotel within walking distance of the centro of Lima. Rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, beds very comfortable, service on the whole very good. Shower pressure could be a lot better but the internet works great.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the lobby level is quite varied and the staff working there are extremely pleasant and quite efficient. It does get very crowded and the tables are squeezed in a little too tight. The club lounge on the 18th floor provides a much smaller selection for breakfast and the girl who oversees it looks positively fed up. We rarely ate breakfast there purely for the reason that we didn't want her sour expression staring at us while we ate. She obviously does not enjoy her job. It is also kind of weird that you have to sign a bill for breakfast in the club lounge - with a 0.00 amount on it. Instead we would go downstairs for breakfast to be met by name and huge smiles. Now that is customer service! On the other hand, Christian, who "mans" the club lounge in the afternoon/evenings is an absolute delight and has all the attributes of a true executive class host. Unlike other Sheratons which include a variety of complimentary alcoholic beverages in the evenings, only sparkling white wine is free - not even beer. I would not call the selection of finger foods lavish in any way either, especially compared to other Sheratons. A minor annoyance too is that the "business lounge", which consists of two computers and a printer, is in the entry way to the club lounge so while the club lounge is closed (between 11:00 and 15:00) you cannot use these computers/printer.

The smallish shopping mall right next to the hotel has a variety of fast food outlets including a Starbucks. For more exciting restaurants and night life, you really do need to go to San Isidro or Miraflores, a 20 minute cab ride away or take advantage of the free shuttle provided by the hotel.

While we were there only 3 of the 4 elevators were currently working, with the 4th currently pending upgrade. For how long we wondered because in all the time we were there we saw no obvious work being done on it. Prepare yourself for some of the longest waits for an elevator you have ever experienced.

Would I stay here again? Most definitely but I would not describe it as a luxurious place to stay.

Room Tip: Starwood preferred rooms!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for preferring Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center and for taking the time to share with us your recent stay at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center through Trip Advisor.
We are taking note of your comments suggestions and have informed the relevant areas. We work constantly in order to improve and offer the best service, which you deserve.
We hope you visit us again soon, as you will always be welcomed in our hotel.
Best regards,

Wilma Arévalo
Director of Public Relations and Guest Services
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the hotel on a trip we made through Peru a couple of years ago. During that time there was a high amount of refurbishment work in the hotel.
One day we decided to stay and enjoy the hotel as we were shattered from the hectic travelling and sight seeing in Lima.
Unfortunately we could hear all of the refurbishment work and couldn't sleep. On informing reception they were extremely apologetic and upgraded us to the business class rooms- which were wonderful and a lot better than the normal ones.
It also meant we got access to the business cafe/lounge, which is a great bonus, and a nice little touch for guests. What I didn't expect was to eat the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten in my life, and I cannot find one that emulates it. It was a chicken and stuffing type sandwich, and it was sensational. I must have eaten 10-15 of them, I just couldn't stop! Please find me the person that made these sandwiches- I will pay them anything to make more of them!

Otherwise, the room was very modern, large with all modern requirements. The staff were friendly.

Breakfast was also very nice, and very varied.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience of the hotel, after the initial difficult start! I would definitely return and use again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
wilmaria, Director of Guest Service and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience at our hotel through Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We really appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in Lima on business for 2 weeks and stayed at the Lima Sheraton due to its proximity to where I was working. My flight arrived 90 minutes late and by the time I arrived at the hotel it was 1:30 am. Check in was great, everything was ready for me to sign and on top of that was upgraded to a Club room due to my Starwood Gold level. The 18th floor room was facing the street but I did not hear the street noise at night. The bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping kept the room clean and tidy during my stay and kept it supplied with complimentary water bottles. As a gold member, I selected the free WiFi during my stay and it was strong in my room and in the Club Lounge. I was there over a 3 day weekend and with the assistance of Gianfranco, of Guest Services, helped arranged a trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu. Breakfast was included with the rate and whether I had it in the Club room or downstairs, the food and service was excellent. Next door to the Sheraton is a shopping plaza with lots of places to eat and shop plus a Starbucks. The hotel is with in walking distance to Plaza San Martin and the main historical district. Definitely will stay here should I be in Lima again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback and for the valuable time you have taken for sharing your experience in Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,950 helpful votes
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I used to stay during the lates 90´s at this hotel and always was great to be at. Now that I´m expand again my operations in Peru, I decided to come back to this hotel after my last stay on january 2012, when I came to Lima to watch a Metallica concert, and it was really nice to experience again their very much warm treatment from their dedicated and friendly staff. Again they took all the efforts to find my upgrade, and now was even better than before as they gave me a junior suite during my 5 days stay, in despite of the peak season and truly high demand, almost fully book. Rooms and in general the whole hotel have been renovated, giving all the features a 5 star hotel should offer to their clients. I loved my room, was at the 18th floor and just few steps away of the Club Loung, were I had the pleasure to had my complimentary drinks and a good selecction of hot and cold appetizers. Never felt better in Lima, and my found that some of my meetings were already within the downtown area, great!
As Lima has been a city with lots of improvements on their transportation, safety and cleanliness, there is no longer the need to scape from the wonderful downtown. Unlike 5 years before, Lima is becoming a place to be re-discovered about its spanish and cultural-Inca´s heritage, and most of that is located on what they call "el centro de Lima". I really do not care that during the night you may be a little bit away from the main restaurants, pubs and bars for the nightlife, as one can reach any of those places in Miraflores or San Isidro just in 15 to 25 min. by taxi, depending on the traffic and distance (very resonable fares, no more than US $7 each way), because the other choice if you want a SPG hotel is to be willing to spend USD 400 ++ for a Westin or USD 300++ for a Marriot, which I found it simple an assault for just 20 minutes and infra they have.

Room Tip: "Rooms at higher floors have better views". All rooms have balconies, and the Junior Suite...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
22 Thank idrovoviva
wilmaria, Director of Guest Service and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very to let us know such excellent and positive comments through Trip Axdvisor.

I really appreciate your comments regarding our facilities and Lima and I am very pleased to hear that our service and staff was friendly for you.

We hope you can visit us in the near future.

Gibraltar
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Although we did not stay in this hotel during our recent vacation in Lima we did have one of the most enjoyable evenings there. Since we all love music, dancing and the country's folklore we decided to venture to the Sheraton Hotel's big show advertised for a friday night. We did not know what to expect but being the hotel it was and the price it was costing we felt it had to be good.

The hotel is situated near the old historic town, the traffic from Miraflores is rather atrocious so we engaged transportation to take us there with plenty of time arriving well before the dinner/show was announced for. We were immediately greeted by the staff who had us comfortably seated at the lounge until shortly after their dinning section was opened.

The food, lavishly covering the long tables were all typically Peruvian. I had not realised there were so very many kinds of ceviche as were displayed so tastefully here. Fish, salads and meats all equally delicious and we decided to taste as many as we could. The desserts, most particularly, the alfajor Limeno was a sheer delight. These consisted of two thin biscuits (like short cakes) with manjar blanco. The service was great as was to be expected. Wine list good too.

The show was wonderful. Fantastic dancers, good choreography and it covered practically all the regions of Peru. It was a delightful evening well worth every penny we paid. A must for any tourist.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ana A
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know such positive comments regarding your stay in our hotel.

I enjoyed so much reading all details you wrote about the show "Colores & Sabores from Peru"

Once again thank you.

We certainly look forward to your return

Director of Guest Services & Public Relations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed there in November and thought it one of the best values in town. It is a little bit off the beaten path for nightlife but great for cultural attractions. Service was friendly and fast (except overcharging to airport).

It was a real advantage being close to the Real Plaza where one didn't feel trapped in purchasing food. I just had to walk out the door and find all types of food.

They had a good internet connection so I was able to do work in my room. The rooms were were well maintained. I had a firm bed and well appointed room. It worked for me!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have renovated rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jody234
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

I appreciate very much you taking the time to post such positive review regarding your stay in our hotel.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Once again thank for your feedback and we hope to see you in the near future.

Director of Guest Services and Public Relations