“First Class Hotel and Service”

Ranked #38 of 228 Hotels in Lima
NYC
“First Class Hotel and Service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My second stay at this hotel, and an outstanding one—again! As a Gold SPG member got upgraded to a junior suite (see the pics) and access to the lounge with free munchies. Yes, it’s a bit of a ride to Miraflores, but they run free shuttles and I like the historic Lima center better anyway. The stuff is extremely cordial and efficient. I’m sure I will love Lima even better, when the city starts doing something about insane pollution NOT enjoyed by its guests and visitors (not holding my breath here, pun intended). When you see the vehicles people drive it’s apparent that Lima has no emission control whatsoever! Pollution, of course, is not a hotel’s fault, but for those who do have some sort of respiratory problems, I can’t recommend to stay at the Sheraton or anywhere downtown for that matter.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are OK, but I strongly recommend an upgrade to the Junior suite. It really is THAT goo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services and Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share and write your review through Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.

Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in between visiting Cusco, Ica/Nazca, etc. We were very happy with the service and the rooms in general. We were there in August, Peruvian winter, so we did not try the pool but the area was very nice. Restaurant was very good. Loved the location as it was near the historic city center. Will definitely stay here again if necessary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review through Trip Advisor. It is always a great pleasure to see that our guest enjoy their stay.

Once again thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sincerely

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights at this hotel before going to Cusco. Our flight arrived at 9pm. After reading about taxis in Lima, we decided to arrange for a pick up from the hotel. The driver was very nice. The ride from the airport is longer than 20 minutes that other reviewers were saying. The lobby and restaurant are inviting but the room itself shows its age. My husband and I enjoy trying food from different culture so having the traditional Peruvian breakfast of tamales and chicharrones as part of the breakfast buffet was a delight. A complimentary shuttle to/from Miraflores and Larcomar is a definite plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback through Trip Advisor.
Regarding the room, please be informed that we are working in remodeling our rooms. At the moment we have 85% totally full renovated and we hope in the near future we reach the 100% of them.

We are very glad that you enjoyed the stay and the peruvian food.

Looking forward to host you soon

Director of Guest Services & Public Relations
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for one night on our way to Cusco. I used points for a free night. We arrived late (11p) and were up by 5am, so we didn't get to stay long but we enjoyed our stay here.

It's about 20 minutes from the airport, you drive through dilapidated parts of town, but the hotel is on a very nice square. Hotel was very nice, room was very nice, same size as typical Sheraton in the U.S. but the quality was better. Service was excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We have read your review and we are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Ssheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Last week, I was at the Sheraton Hotel - it was very nice.
The service, people were top shelf. It was a very positive time.....but then I went to check out.
I had a very early flight. I needed a 3:30 am wake up....it never happened. I went to the front desk to check out.....When I double checked the bill, they had added over 1500 pesos to the bill.
When I asked the counter clerk to check it....he was very unsurprised and updated the bill to the correct amount. If I was not running late, (because of no wakeup call), I would have been more vocal about this issue. I did ask him that I found this unacceptable and wanted to know why this happened.
He was apologetic, and said that he would talk to accounting. I know that we all need to double check our bills, bit it was not a positive feeling. Something to remember.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their concerns with us.
Please do accept my apologies. We are very disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. It is definetely not the genuine service that we strive to deliver.
Once again we deeply regret for your experience and you can be sure that we are taking the corrective actions in order that this kind of situation will not happen again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here one night after flying in from the states and before our flight to Cusco. I used points for a free nights stay. The hotel was located about 25 minutes from the airport. Large hotel and very large rooms. We were put on the Club level and the front desk allowed us to have the club breakfast for free.

We used the hotel's service for a ride back to the airport. I think we overpaid, but it may be the only option.

Overall good hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
wilmaria, Director of Guest Services & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Sirs,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience in our hotel. Direct feedback from our guest is the most valuable advice we can receive. We are very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your return.

Director of Guest Services & Public Relations
North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Paul Chavez was an extremely helpful night clerk at the front desk. Somehow, I had made my reservation for the wrong date and Paul straightened it all out for me at 1am in the morning. He got me to my room and then rearranged things with reservations.

The Sheraton is neat and clean and has an impressive location across the street from the Supreme Court of Peru. The room was also clean and comfortable, but a tad on the small size for a Sheraton. Even though the room over-looked a major intersection, it was quiet while providing a good view of Lima. The bathroom was also clean and modern in design, but again, a tad on the small size.

Overall, I was more impressed with the employees than the hotel, but it is one of the best in Lima and I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms that over-look the public park at one end of the hotel are the most tranquil and have a pl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
wilmaria, Director of Guest Service & Public Relations at Sheraton Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Sirs,

We were delight to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was nice to hear that Paul Chavez, offered you an outstanding service during your check in.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in the near future.

Director of Guest Service & Public Relations