1,313 results
All reviews busy intersection real plaza nice hotel juan carlos san isidro business center breakfast buffet is cab ride junior suite special thanks bed was very comfortable water pressure machu picchu ceviche traffic airport airline
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our stay at the Melia was amazing thanks mostly to the outstanding staff. From the moment our group checked in (just past 1:00 a.m.) to our departure, the staff was helpful, courteous, and treated us like honored guests. There wasn't a single employee who didn't offer a friendly greeting, smile, or kind word. They represent their jobs and country well! We were given great advice about where to go and what to see during our stay. The location of the hotel makes it convenient to many popular sights and attractions. The meals were excellent and bountiful with fresh fruits, local entrees, and beautiful desserts. The rooms were immaculately cleaned and comfortable. Based on my experience in Lima, I would definitely book with a Melia hotel in another country and will stay here if I return to Peru someday.

Room Tip: Our room faced the east. We heard very little to no noise in the evenings. The mornings were a little noisy with horns and traffic, but nothing that was overly disturbing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Melia Lima, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for entrusting us with your
comments which help us to improve our
day-to-day customer service.
comments on our Melia Hotels International profile
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Meliá Lima Hotel in a sooner future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I just concluded at 4 day conference at the Melia Lima hotel. My group had 75 rooms (143 attendees) This was the 14th such conference I have hosted around the world and the staff at the Melia ranks as the very best I have encountered. Buffet meals were excellent. Service was challenged because we all ate at one time, but they handled the crowd extremely well. Rooms were what you would expect of a 5 star hotel. The event staff, Leslie and Melissa, handled every request with attention. As the host I did not receive a single complaint from my guests! I certainly would endorse the Melia for events and well as a convenient location in Lima.

Stayed: May 2013
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Melia Lima, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments
Meliá Lima Hotel believe firmly that guest satisfaction is our most important goal.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good hotel, good staff, clean room. Hotel team is always supportive & ready to help. Great Parking space at basement & excellent service. However, in the room, by the way room given to me, was great and comfortable sleep, but requested to have coffee machine & ironing board. But I did use for laundry great service. Location is not like what you get in Miraflores, but close to Starbuck (1 mile walking) Pizza Hut (1 Mile Walking) but taxis are not expensive in Lima so it is ok to stay here. Overall good comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nhlivefreeordie
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Melia Lima, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments

Reviewed May 23, 2013

After many nights in the Peruvian and Bolivian altiplano we returned to Lima and stayed a night at the Melia. It's a bit expensive, but we splurged and even spent the extra $40 to upgrade to 'The Level' which allowed us access to what was really some excellent food/buffet/breakfast. $40 well spent.

The rooms were clean, bright and spacious. Staff were helpful. However.......we were there on Mother's Day weekend and had to put up with 3 or 4 hours of horrible live music wafting up from the restaurant patio below. It's frustrating when hotels put the 'need' for entertaining walk-up restaurant clients ahead of the need for peace and quiet of their already-paid hotel guests. Putting up with the noise really did spoil what would have been an otherwise almost perfect stay.

I'd stay here again, but only if given a room away from the patio.

Room Tip: Stay away from the restaurant patio which will have noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for entrusting us with your
comments which help us to improve our
day-to-day customer service. Sorry if your
stay did not turn out as you hoped it would.
Your suggestions are very important for us and
we will make some changes soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Unfortunately, I didn't have very long at this hotel (1-day) but the hotel is very beautiful and clean. The food was excellent. Unfortunately, there isn't too many things around it to do. My room faced a busy street so the noise level was a little to be desired. I was able to drown out the noise by turning on the air conditioner and covering up with the down-comforter that was on the bed. With that I had a wonderful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the street because the traffic in Lima is very congested which increases the noise level two-fold.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Melia Lima, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comment
Our best reward is to know about our guest’s satisfaction