“Nice hotel to stay”

Ranked #29 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Kiev, Ukraine
“Nice hotel to stay”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Nice, pretty, quite well located hotel. In general, very good impression.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Lima, responded to this review, April 23, 2012

comments which help us to improve our
day-to-day customer service.
Don’t forget that you can
follow us on facebook and leave your
comments on our Melia Hotels International profile
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the Meliá Lima Hotel in a sooner future.

Sincerely Yours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was one of the best places I've ever stayed. The staff was awesome, helping us with everything we needed. Dinner was fantastic with a great array of food. The room was huge and cozy, and with a really nice bathroom. I simply have no complaints about it. It was fantastic.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Susana T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Lima, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comment
Our best reward is to know about our guests satisfaction
Don’t forget that you can
follow us on facebook and leave your
comments on our Melia Hotels International profile

Sincerely Yours,
Geneva
Reviewed January 15, 2012

LOCATION: The hotel is in a corner between two very busy streets, which is probably bad for noise-sensitive people. Location was good for doing business, but it was far from the beach and Miraflores where most of the good restaurants are (I tried "Brujas de Cachiche" which was fantastic!). Yes, you can go back and forth with a taxi, but I would avoid if if on holidays. The hotel is right in front of a pharmacy, two supermarkets and several small restaurants and shops. It is also close to one of the big shopping malls in Lima.

THE HOTEL: It felt safe and all staff were very friendly. The hotel doesn't feel tired, but it is not newly refurbished either. My company used the conference center and service given was very good. Perhaps one of the big pluses is that you can hire a car to take you back and forth to the airport: service was always on time, they had brand new and spacious cars, and driver drove decently for the Lima standards.

THE ROOM: Yes, it was noisy, but clean, spacious and perfectly adequate for my business needs. I had a large TV with cable, a safe and coffee maker. The bathroom was full of marble everywhere. A very important plus as a business traveler is that I got free Internet!

FOOD: The breakfast buffet was standard (not bad, but not great either). I also tried the restaurant two nights, but my experience was mixed. It was good once, but the other was barely average. It’s a pity given the renewed importance of Peruvian food!

Room Tip: The hotel is in a corner, next to two very busy streets, to there is no way to avoid getting a noisy...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Globetrotter_Roy
Toronto
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I love the Melia hotels and made a reservation at this hotel when traveling to Lima for the wedding of a good friend. This hotel is nice, but less luxurious than others where I stayed (Mexico City and Buenos Aires, for example). Cordial customer service, very polite personnel. Was disappointed with my first visit to the restaurant; service very slow, cork residue in my glass of wine; replacement glass was dirty. Being in a hurry, did not bother to ask for a 3rd one, but was slightly annoyed. This should not happen in a hotel of this category. Breakfast buffet was very good. In summary, Nice hotel, but the location is a little far away from the center of activities.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Fpenha, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Lima, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for contacting us. So that we
can respond to you in as much detail as
possible, please could you email
calidad.melia.lima@melia.com with your comments or
suggestion? We will respond to your email
as soon as possible.
Many thanks.

Susana Tamayo
Calidad - Meliá Lima
New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Ok, so it's not THE BEST location, and their amenities are not top notch. But for a secure, clean, international hotel I thought the price was good (US$160/night - other very nice hotels are much much higher!!). If you found a reliable taxi driver I don't think it would be cost-prohibitive to be driven back and forth to Miraflores. I would definitely stay here again.

Plusses:
+GREAT, friendly and capable staff
+My room was very large (Junior Deluxe Suite) w/ large flatscreen TV. Furnishings were very nice (not 80's as some have experienced) and bathroom was very nice - large marble bath etc.
+$$
+I actually thought breakfast was quite nice - eggs, bacon, fruits, juices, cereals, pastries/breads plus other stuff...
+Secure location
+Room service food was exquisite
+Free wireless - perfect for me as this was a business trip
+Car service. Always on time. Great service. $10 a trip. Nice autos.
+Clean

Minusses:
-the 9th Floor Lounge for cocktails and snacks; atmosphere was nice but the snacks are VERY sparse and cocktails were expensive and not well-made. I wouldn't pay again to eat there.
-Pool. Small, indoor but with open walls so was very chilly. It felt old and run-down and would not have used it even if it was warm
-Spa. Ok, it's cheap ($12 french manicure?) but not nicely laid out. I did not feel 'pampered' or relaxed, and the mani chipped fast. Again, it's like buying somthing on sale - so cheap you almost have to... but I would not use it again.
-There was a lot of loud traffic starting at 5:30 am (its on the corner of 2 intersecting main roads). But it wasn't too strong; I managed to ignore it after a while

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NJFunTraveler

Thank you for entrusting us with your
positive comments and good suggestions
which help us to improve our day-to-day customer service.
So that we can respond to you in as much detail as
possible, please could you email
calidad.melia.lima@melia.com with your comments or
suggestion? We will be pleased to answer you.
Many thanks.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here for one night before our Cuzco trip and two nights after. The 1st stay, we were offered and took an upgrade from our Junior Deluxe Suite to the Junior Deluxe Room (Level Floors) for $30 (which included internet in the room, cocktail hour & breakfast). Considering breakfast was $13 @ and internet was $12, it made sense for us to do it.

The room was on the 12th floor and was not that big but was at least updated. Cocktail hour was actually good as they can make drinks for you for no extra cost and there are lots of available hors d'oeuvres. However, breakfast was bland and not really up to par.

On the 2nd stay, we decided not to spend $30/night on the upgrade as we really did not want to eat breakfast there again. The room we booked was again a Junior Deluxe Suite, but since it was not on the Level floors, it was not updated. The furniture looked like it was straight out of the early 80s; however, the room was huge! It must have been double the size of our Level floor room.

The hotel is located in an upper-class neighborhood so it's very safe, but there is nothing really around to walk to. We did discover that it is only a few blocks from the nice Miraflores area (near the casinos and nicer hotels), and it is an easy walk there.

Service was good, especially the bellboy and valet. The front desk, however, didn't seem too knowledgeable about the rewards program. I wanted to make sure my stay was credited to my member # but I did not have it with me. I asked to search it by name and they said they didn't have the ability to do that but that I could call the 800# to request it. I found this quite inconvenient as I didn't want to pay for a phone call from the hotel.

I also expected a bit more from being a member, at least some kind of perk like other hotel programs, but I was told all I could get were points and if I earned enough points then I could get some rewards. We were on a trip for our anniversary and my husband's birthday, so even an upgrade would have been nice.

I also found the price to be not so reasonable. With the same price, there may be better options in nicer areas. Mini-bar is excessive, too (I got an 8 oz bottle of water for $8!!!).

Room Tip: Choose the Level floors for upgraded rooms (and less noise!)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

comments which help us to improve our
day-to-day customer service. Sorry if your
stay did not turn out as you hoped it would.
If you send an email to calidad.melia.lima@melia.com
we will respond to your comments as soon
as possible. Many thanks
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed in this hotel at the onset and return of the Cuzco leg for Machu Pichu. On the way in, with a tour group, the room was spacious and clean but on the front entrance and noisy. I asked for a quiter room upon my return and was graciously allocated a beautiful suite for a two night stay. Room service was excellent and the restaurant itself was very good. Pool looked inviting. Staff were very helpful. This hotel is close to one of the local pyramids, and is only a few minute taxi from the Larcomar, a seaside shopping mall of interest - and is about 20 to 30 minutes from downtown sites if I recall correctly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo