“Nice Hotel - reasonable location”
Review of Melia Lima

Melia Lima
Ranked #28 of 230 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed there a couple nights as part of a tour. It met all our expectations, not super fancy but nice clean rooms, comfy beds and all the basic amenities. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Exchange rates at the front desk were a bit less favorable than the airport but the convenience made up for any minor difference. Great breakfast buffet and the restaurant was also good for lunch and dinner.
The hotel is a bit out of the way to try and walk to much of the touristy type stuff but it's not too long a cab ride to the beach, shopping, great restaurants, etc. Hotel staff will get you a taxi no problem and confirm rates (we were warned against just flagging cabs off the street since many are unlicensed and uncontrolled).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2011

After a very long flight I made it to the Melia Hotel only to find out I had no room.
I was told some people staying there had a flight canceled so they were staying longer.
I made my reservation 4 weeks in advance. They changed my reservation to a different
less quality hotel and I had to pay the sameprice. BUSINESS TRAVELERS BEWHERE.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pete186
Reviewed October 28, 2010

For business this hotel is well located, close to San Isidro and quite close to Miraflores.

The quality of the rooms are great, and we had an opportunity to upgrade for another USD 30 or so, which was in deed worth it. Very good size suites, and huge bathrooms with all the goods. For certain room type they have a great lounge where you can have drinks and admire the views. Same goes for check out, which you don´t have to do downstairs, but rather the floor reception (can´t remember the floor, though).

The service in this hotel was excellent, and the staff bended backwards in order to fulfill your requests. Very kind staff.

The gym was quite good, and not busy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I loved the hotel, its service and best of all the amazing food at their restaurant and room service. The staff was really nice and patient with my 2 and 3 year old sons.
My brother in law stayed at the buisness floor (LEVEL) and was so pleased to have such special atention, and the Level private rest-bar.
The hotel staff helped us get a nice tour of Lima as well as safe taxis at the front door at all times.
While we were there, they had an event that really made me proud of staying at the Melia, they had a Christmas party for poor children, they brought a show, and gifts and lunch for those less fortunate children, I was very touched!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My stay at the Melia Lima was one of the only times that I could say I felt like I was staying in a 5 star hotel. We stayed at the Melia Lima for about 7 nights as part of a large tour group. Although I agree that the location is not as great as staying in MiraFlores, I would still recommend the Melia Lima over any of the top Mira Flores hotels after hearing the experiences of the rest of our group that was staying in Mira Flores.

The Melia Lima is set up to cater to professionals and the cream of the crop, I am not one of these groups, but I sure enjoyed being treated like I was. Our beds were turned down each night, chocolates on the pillow and the beds and linens were as good as being at home.

The staff at the hotel was top notch all around. A very popular Spanish band was in town during my stay and Emerson, one of the concierge professionals, was happily able to get me front section tickets to the event. I also had a medical emergency while I was there and needed ear surgery, the concierge was able to get me in touch with a private clinic in Lima and I had surgery that day.

Don't be afraid to stay outside of the normal tourist areas, because the taxis are so cheap in Lima you can get anywhere for about $2-$3. Enjoy your stay in a 5 star hotel and get pampered. The restaurant here was also excellent with great prices for some awesome Peruvian food, try the Lomo Saltado of course, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Albert K
Reviewed July 9, 2009

The area did not make me feel safe in the least. Location was not good. My stay there was very short, but it left a good enough impression on my mind. I wil never stay there again. They also stole my credit card number and began trying to take hundreds of dollars out!! The font desk personal was not welcoming, obviously. Need I say more???

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank rambocious
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I stayed at the Melia on two separate nights during my stay in Peru. The staff was always very friendly, the food was good, the pool was nice to have. Location wise, there isnt much to walk to from the hotel; however there is a convenience store across the street and a great place that has empenadas, liquor, and other goods close by as well. You can easily take a taxi to other parts of the city that are more fun to walk around in.

• Stayed: April 2009