“Beautiful Hotel in the heart of Miraflores”

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #15 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Everywhere
“Beautiful Hotel in the heart of Miraflores”
Reviewed February 24, 2009

The hotel is extremely nice and the staff were polite and helpful. They upgraded me to a Penthouse without even asking me and it was a three room suite with a sauna, shower and hot tub bath. It was great, especially after the five day Andes Trek I had just completed in the Sacred Valley. They may have upgraded me since I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond Platinum member but it was a nice surprise when I checked in. It's roughly a two minute walk to the cafe's and restaurants in downtown Miraflores, which is great considering much of Lima's nightlife is centralized there. It's safe and the staff was very professional. I had a red eye from Lima to Miami on the night of my second day there and they allowed me to stay in my room until about 8pm when normal checkout time was 12pm or 2pm...they were very accomodating and the room service was also good. They arranged for a car service to the airport but it was almost $50 as opposed to a "normal" cab, which was about $35. Some people warned me about taking normal cabs in Lima, but I found them to be fine (maybe a little cramped, I'm 6'1). The drivers rarely speak English, but they were more than willing to speak broken Spanish with me and explain a bit about some of the neighborhoods in Lima. It was a great leisure stay and I can imagine it would be a great place for business as well.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank skurny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We stayed here for one night on New Years Eve 2008. The hotel is located in an excellent location and the staff is very helpful. Our suite was not ready when we arrived so they gave us a temporary room to clean up in upon our morning arrival. The room was not ready until about 4pm. They moved all of our bags for us into the new room. The rooms are kind of antiquated, but alot of room. We ate in the hotel grill for dinner because we were tired from our week of traveling. The staff delivered a fruit basket to us in the evening. They treat Hilton HHonor members very well. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Stay: Arrived on a Sunday and stayed two nights. Went away for a night and back for four nights. First stay on the 8th floor in a standard king bed room (not renovated, a bit worn and tired); Second stay in a mini-suite on the 11th floor (renovated, crisp clean and functional.)
Physical: The hotel is located in a safe area of Lima called Miraflores. It is close to a number of outdoor cafes and some shopping. A grocery market is three blocks away. The attached casino has only slot machines. Flat panel TV is both rooms with lots of channels. Watched the Super Bowl in Spanish!
Food. The restaurant breakfast buffet is fine. Note that you can order an omelet (there is a card on the table with choices) rather than eat the runny scrambled eggs. Fresh fruit was varied, fresh and tasty. I used room service almost every evening as the restaurant had a dinner/show that I did not care to pay for. The food was consistently good. Ordering was a bit of a hassle as their English capability was lacking.
Service. Room was serviced fine. English was in short supply all around. The young ladies at front desk seemed to be quite fluent. They arranged taxis for me, without incident. Computers were down when I left, a big hassle.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2008

I have stayed with Hiltons all over the world and this one is perfect. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The service was great; the staff spoke English and acknowledged us everywhere we went. The concierge recommended great restaurants.
The hotel is walking distance to great shopping and restaurants.
The transportation is cheap but I recomend you ask for the hotel to call cabs for you. They areb a couple of dollars more but much more secure.
Try the great chinese restaurant accross the street in the 5th floor of the "Alameda Building". Excellent.
Can't wait to go back to Lima.

• Liked — Location & cleanliness
  • Disliked — Internet connection
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
United States
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I travel alot and the staff at this hotel is one of the best, most friendly groups I've ever dealt with. The concierge, Vilko Dornsner, literally made the Lima portion of my recent trip to Lima with my niece and nephew. He took a blank slate and turned that into a memorable 3 days in Lima. He arranged private cars and drivers for around the same price as the "follow-the-flag" tours. I am a Hilton gold member and the hotel provided me with a 4PM late checkout on a sold out night. That doesn't happen at many Hiltons in the US!! The neighborhood in Miraflores is very safe. No problems walking around at night. Like some of the other reviews say, this isn't the Four Seasons in San Francisco, but they don't claim to be. The rooms that I had were clean and well kept and the staff is one of the best I've dealt with anywhere. I had narrowed my hotel choice to the Doubletree and the Marriott for my first trip to Lima. I chose the Doubletree because of comments about the staff in general and Mr. Dornsner in particular. It was one of the best travel decisions I've made in quite a while!

• Liked — The great staff
  • Disliked — Street noise. No need for an alarm clock. Some car alarm will wake you up every morning.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We stayed 2 nights prior to flying to Cusco for a Sacred valley/MP tour and booked primarily because of the Miraflores location; our double/double room was reasonably sized, decent internet connection, decent bathroom, non descript decor and view, and as commented by some others, pervasive musty odor. We met with friends who felt the same on the 4th floor: noisy banging from strange sources, late night party noises from Casino and next door building and same smell. Good breakfast buffet; easy access to nearby restaurants and department stores although these are several blocks away (8-10 minute walk). Whole Foods type of upscale supermarket 4 blocks (5 minutes) away, convenient on stocking up on fruits, drinks etc. Key point: our friends returned for a final night after the Cusco/MP leg (we took a red eye but stayed for dinner): I belatedly checked another reviewer's comment and followed up: if you insist on an upper floor renovated room, you will get it and these rooms are night and day better than the older lower floor ones. Our friends were considerably happier, having done so.

• Liked — Pretty convenient location to dining in Miraflores; great renovated rooms, bad unrenovated
  • Disliked — musty odor for unrenovated floors; thin walls/ceilings; nondescript decor
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights at the end of June. We had to check in at around 10am in the morning and the hotel was ready for us with our room. We also needed late check out on our last day and the hotel did not even hesitate with our request and gave us the room until 3pm.

After spending two weeks in two to three star hotels through Peru, we were so excited to see this room. It was modern and big with an amazing bathroom! The service we received from front office, doormen, bellmen, breakfast staff, concierge (especially concierge - Valko) was excellent. Location of the hotel was good...fairly close to everything in downtown Miraflores. Only a 15 minute walk to Larcomar. The hotel bellmen went out of their way to help get taxis from the street and to make us feel welcome.
The chocoloate chip cookie and welcome drink in the bar is also a nice added touch.

Would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Was a bit pricey
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends