“Good choice in Miraflores”

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #21 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Bucharest, Romania
“Good choice in Miraflores”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed one week in Lima. The hotel is in a nice areas, good restaurants within walking distance, a Starbucks coffee shop across the street, the beach is at about 15 minutes walk. Breakfast had a fair selection but the fruits are absolutely fantastic! You even receive a very tasty chocolate chip cookie when you check-in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
pittsburgh
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights-treated very well
Our flight from MIA arrived Lima early am - the front desk staff - Diana & Christian arranged for us to use a small room for a few hrs at no charge
Received Welcome cookies
Met our tour guide , Monica at 11 am
Hotel staff moved our bags to an upgraded suite - took possession later - manager called us to check everything was OK
As it was my wife s birthday, he sent us a cake & chocolates !!!
Breakfast selection - one of the best we have seen
Don't miss the evening Peruvian dancers at the 90 min dinner & show $50 pp
Very well done !!!

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is fairly well situated in Miraflores and has virtually all that one could expect from a Doubletree: free WiFi, nice sized desk, very comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom with great water pressure. Breakfast is served on the 2nd floor with a standard range of items like scrambled eggs, fruits, yoghurt, cereal etc. Omelets are made on request.

I did have a negative experience from the car service company that the hotel sent to pick me up from the airport on February 22nd. There was no sign of the driver for over 30 minutes despite repeatedly calling the front desk (using a costly ninternational cellular phone). Some 30 minutes later (nearly midnight) the driver emerged with a sign saying that he had been sent as a "replacement" from the hotel. The story sounded odd as it takes about 45 minutes from the hotel to the airport in the evening - my suspicion is that he was asleep in his car. The hotel did not offer to comp the 100+ soles for the pick up considering someone was not telling the truth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveleasy
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I arrived at 2am dead tired. The staff was very welcoming. The front desk called and confirmed
my tour for the next day and lead me to a very comfortable bed. The rooms were clean, water pressure in the shower was good and they left chocolates. No views. Off a busy street but the rooms were quiet. You can walk to the Indian market. Good value. Getting a second cup of coffee breakfast was difficult. The staff was busy talking and not paying attention to the guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cooper City, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I only had A/C problems during my stay. The heater was the only thing working when the temerature was 90 degrees. They could never get the room to cool to my expectation and didn't offer to change me to another room, instead they tried to fix the A/C... Other than that it was a good experience... Hotel staff is very accomodating... I will return on the condition that A/C works properly that is...

Room Tip: Just make sure the A/C is working properly...
anywhere
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Location of the hotel is very good, right in the middle of Miraflores with everything close by. Hotel looks good from the outside and also the lobby looks ok. Rooms show that this was an old hotel that underwent a kind of remodelation. Doors in the rooms were forgotten to renew as well as the furniture. During my 2 week stay I had a leak from the plumbing. The airco is quite noisy so its a trade off between a cool room with noise or quite with heat. No noise from the streat though. Breakfast was ok, tried lunch once but that wasnt too good I think. Service was all friendly. There is wireless in the room and a business center. Good thing is also the free access to the gym that is located in the hotelbuilding with spinning classes, steamroom and good equipment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
G T, General Manager at El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor user

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Piracicaba, SP
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay when visiting Lima. It is in the district of Miraflores, just a short walk from many restaurants, bars, beach and also handcrafts shops. Besides the location, the staff makes it even better, they are always ready to help. The concierge service is perfect.