“What a wonderful concierge!!”

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #20 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Near Seattle, WA
“What a wonderful concierge!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2008

We found the rooms, buffet breakfast and location all to be very nice but what really will make us return next year is their concierge, Vilko Dornsner. He went out of his way to set up museum tours, make dinner reservation - including complimentary pisco sours, and answer all of our questions. He greatly enhanced our stay in Lima.

• Liked — The concierge and the location in Miraflores.
  • Disliked — The price has gone up too much.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DottieB08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Turkish first
Bergen County, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

We had two separate one-night stays (Jan, 2008) as part of a General Tours group trip, rooms 517 and 414. It's a respectable business hotel, but in need of a maintenance upgrade. Our rooms were absolutely clean and attractive enough, but there were minor flaws like broken sockets in light fixtures. The most noticeable problem is musty or humid air conditioning. We weren't actually sick from it, but for a longer stay it would be unpleasant. Our second room actually had a small portable ozone generator in the middle of the floor when we arrived. I didn't help. (It disappeared while we went to lunch.)

The location is excellent, short walk to Kennedy Park, very safe Miraflores district, big supermarket and many restaurants close by. You can easily walk (less than 1/2 mile) to the oceanfront (Love Park, para-sailing cliff), or to the excellent Brujas de Cachiche restaurant.

We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. When our small (14 or so) group had to leave before breakfast, they put on a complete buffet for us before the regular start time. We didn't attend the nightly live music and dance ("Andes Culture Night") show, but others told us it was lively and enjoyable. We didn't use the gym or pool on our short stays.

• Liked — Location, safe neighborhood
  • Disliked — Musty air conditioning
  • Stayed January 2008
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2008

I have stayed there twice. (I should have remembered the first) The front desk is very rude, all of them from the manager down to the peon.

Is as if you are there to serve them. A colleague came up to my room to help write and email and upon my departure from the hotel they tried to charge me with a 48 dollar extra person fee.

I told them you have my credit card, I am not paying for that, either you take it off or I am gone.

They took it off, but I will never return the breakfast area was dull; breakfast was soggy eggs, so I decided to order room service on the next...notttttttttt,

My complaints went on deft ears.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank fracolon
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2008

My wife and I recently stayed 6 nights there. I am very dissapointed with the overall services that we received. First, the room that was assigned to us had bugs in the bed (one was still alive!!!) After waiting some time they finally changed our rooms. This is truly disgusting and unacceptable. You expect this in a hostal or one star hotels that charge $30 / night, not a Hilton!
Second, the day that we arrived, I confirmed that the rate was $159 / night. They made me and my wife sign a paper with our information etc. The day of our departure, they informed us that there was an extra $10 per day added to our rate because there were two of us! This is after the fact that we had spent a week there and nobody informed us. Usually when there is an extra cost for an additional person, the person that checks you in will inform you of that (specially after I specifically confirmed the rate!) I asked to speak to the manager in charge. Never in my life have I experienced such terrible treatment from anyone. The manager was very rude, seemed very annoyed at our cpmplaint and was quikly to dismiss us as if we were beggers in the street. If you are thinking of staying there any time soon.... DONT! you will remember me...

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank machcar
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

The Doubletree Lima is located in Miraflores, but not directly at the coast such as, for example, the JW Marriott. The Larcomar shopping mall and entertainment centre is a five minutes taxi drive away.

My room on one of the higher floors was newly renovated and rather large. Both the room and the bathroom were nice and clean. The renovation of the rooms was still in progress, so not all rooms might be of the same standard yet.

Complimentary wireless internet was available in the room, and the hotel has also a small business centre with free internet access. Breakfast was included in my rate, and the buffet offered a good selection, although the service was sometimes a bit on the slow side. Dinner at the hotel was very good.

Overall the Doubletree is a good four-star property.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank mmbi
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2007

Stayed that Doubletree El Pardo for 3 nights recently. While the price was reasonable, I was completely unhappy with my first room. It was quite small for a Doubletree, had a non working iron, uncomfortable beds, and fogged out windows looking out over a loud street. I upgraded to a better rooom, which improved the bed, the sound, the iron and the windows, but I shouldn't have had to do that in a Doubletree. It is an older and slightly dilapidated hotel which will likely be renovated or sold in the next year or two.

There is a decent public gym attached to the building, which was a nice touch. The staff is reasonably nice and the location is good.

Overall I would give this hotel 3.5 stars. Calling it 5 stars is a travesty. I'd recommend the Marriott at Larcomar (Miraflores) for a true 5 Star experience for just a little more money.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank waterski1230
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2007

We stayed at El Pardo for 2 nights - the location is great, right in Miraflores and walking distance to places. The hotel has been recently purchased by Hilton, therefore the rooms are updated and beautiful - VERY spacious, clean, and great beds. Alos has a rooftop pool with awesome views (covered pool). Best part of hotel is the Junius restaurant which offers a show and dinner every night for $20. The whole property is filled with local art. My favorite affordable hotel.

• Liked — Great restaurant and show, pool, and casino
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family