“Highly recommended, fantastic locations, rooms and service...”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #4 of 236 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Stayed here with my wife in November. We were upgraded to a huge suite on a corner room, so we effectively had a 270 degree view of the whole of Lima and the ocean, incredible. I had forgotten several things we needed that evening and must have phoned guest services about 5 times for toothbrush, other stuff (not normally this forgetful or high maintenance), but they handled everything very professionally and with a smile.

We had breakfast in the morning on the executive floor, the standard was very good.

I appreciate this type of hotel may not suit everyone, but if this place is one of your options, go for it, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NoVAfoody
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

Dear Guest!
We read your review on Trip Advisor and we will like to thank you for your comments, are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you liked our facilities, we look forward to your next visit!!!
Customer Care Center

Write a ReviewReviews (3,424)

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Very pretty new hotel & friendly staff. Beautiful rooms with splendid views. The fitness center is not free, neither is the pool but it wasn't a problem since we got enough exercise walking around the city. Hotel is right next to a Larco Mar shopping center, great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AniaUsa
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2010

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your last stay with us!
We would like to thank you for your input regarding the closed pool and the high prices for the room, your opinion about our services is an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 13, 2010

Having read other reviews here I believe them to be fair. My experience was…

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in December, in an executive room on the top floor, as part of a large business group. My room had an ocean view (I think they all do) and was huge and very well equipped. I appreciated all the small touches in the room and the inclusion of an iPod docking station alarm clock was great.

Being in an executive room I had use of the club lounge, which is well worth the extra money. The lounge staff were very helpful and always willing to go that extra bit to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Apart from free breakfast, snacks and drinks, a great plus was the free WiFi in the lounge.

I got a free late (5pm) checkout… not sure if that was because I am a Marriott silver member of I had an executive room, but either way it was very welcome.
It’s a shame the swimming pool wasn’t open in December… the weather was fine for us Europeans !

Location is good, with a large shopping mall across the street, with a choice of restaurants and bars. I also used the hotel airport pickup service which was excellent – not cheap at over $40, but worth it.

Overall the staff were all very friendly and helpful. No complaints on that front.

My only issue is price. I paid USD$320 + tax per night which is crazy in these recessionary times. The only thing that would stop be staying there again is price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AName
Reviewed December 10, 2009

This is a fantastic hotel. If you can afford to stay here, do so. Most of the rooms have a dramatic view of the coast, the staff is professional, the rooms are quiet and well appointed. The location - across the street from cliffs overlooking the ocean and the larcomar shopping center and in the center of Miraflores within walking distance of the best restaurants and next to the lovely coastal path - can't be beat. The breakfast is superb with lots of local fruit and other delicacies as well as good quality international fare. The only drawback is the price of the rooms. See if you can book a package. Also, the hotel is a long taxi ride away from the financial district and the historic center.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dharmabum09
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Dear Guest!

We read your review and we will like to thank you for your encouraging comment, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel, we look forward to your future visit !!!

Reviewed December 1, 2009

We stayed here after returning from Cusco and before that I stayed at the Swissotel in the San Isidro districy of Lima.
The big plus for the Marriott is the location - at the beachfront, with LarcoMar shopping centre right in front. However, now that I know, the next time I'll stay at the Swissotel and take a taxi down to the front. Marriott hotel just doesn't work...it starts at the reception where we got out of the airport shuttle and no-one to help with luggage. Not that we needed help, just the absence of service was quite noticeable. Then you enter the hotel and have to take the lift to the second floor to check in - odd.
The rooms are fine although the shower was a bit dirty in the corners. The hotel talks about 'green credentials' but they sell water from Switzerland in the room for 24 soles when a bottle in the shop is one soles - not sure how they argue the carbon footprint on importing water from Europe when they could be supporting the local community?
Continental breakfast was nice (40soles each), but was not included in the room rate ofUSD280. However, there is absolutely no sign of 'personal touches' and just another boring corporate hotel. The ultimate insult is having to pay for internet access on top of this room rate - next they will be charging for TV!!
Won't be back....next time I'd use the Swissotel for business and I'd check out the Park hotel which was near to the Marriott if the trip was for pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ninkasi

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the incident that you experienced regarding the bathroom shower and the cost for internet, we do understand your disappointment and we will like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services. They serve us as an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence.

Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Lima for 1 week on a business trip. It's very well located in Miraflores and I found the front desk and concierge staff to be very helpful. Breakfast was delicious (though it was very sad when the mangos suddenly went missing!).

My only major complaint is the actual in-room service. Housekeeping starts at 8am, so be sure to put up your "Do not disturb" sign if you plan on sleeping in, though you can still hear them knocking pretty loudly on other doors. Also, one afternoon when I was in my room, a staff member entered my room without knocking, announced that she was there to check my mini-bar, quickly did so and left without an apology! Good thing I was decent!

I would return to this hotel, but not on my own dime. The spa was quite expensive so I didn't visit. "The Killers" were at the hotel during our stay, though I didn't see them!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website. We are very glad to hear that you experience a good stay with us; however, we would like to express our most sincere apologies for the incident that you experienced regarding the minibar associate that entered to your room as well as the loud knocking at 8am. Rest assured that we will take immediate action to avoid the reoccurrence of incidents of this nature in the future. Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services. This is an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 18, 2009

Colleagues and I stayed here for 3 weeks during a business trip to Lima. While it's an extremely nice facility, I felt like the service was lacking. Especially considering how much business we were giving them (6 people for 3 weeks), I didn't feel like they went over and above in any capacity to make us feel like special guests.
My biggest complaint was with the concierge desk. When I first called to arrange our transport from the airport to the hotel, it was EXTREMELY noisy and difficult to understand the person speaking, who kept telling me that they were unable to hear me (probably due to all of the noise around them). This scenario was repeated several times and I often had to re-confirm transportation. There were also several times when we called to request a taxi to pick us up from our office building and would wait 25 or more minutes and call back to find out that they had no record of our request. I often saw the concierge making notes in a handwritten notebook so this is probably why it wasn't always reliable. The last day of oru stay, we had round trip transportation to and from the airport for a trip to Cusco and they again lost our confirmation and the front desk then informed me, rather rudely, that we would need to pay the driver in cash.
The facility is nice, it doesn't compare to hotels I've stayed in in Bangkok and Sao Paulo but the location can't be beat - walking distance to shops, bars, restaurants, and parks. I just wish they'd up the service to match the luxurious setting.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website. We would like to express our most sincere apologies for the incident that you experienced regarding our Concierge Desk, definitely this is not the image we will like our customer to take home and we will do everything to avoid the reoccurrence of incidents of this nature in the future. Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services. They are an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence.