“Outstanding Service!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palo Alto, California
“Outstanding Service!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My college-aged daughter had her passport & wallet stolen while visiting Machu Picchu. She could not leave the country as planned until her new passport / visa arrived. I called JW Marriott - Lima and spoke with Mr Eduardo Sanchez at the "At Your Service" (AYS) desk in the hotel. Mr. Sanchez went out of his way to assist and provide guidance. He helped take care of emergency accomodations for my daughter; he guided me in wiring money to the hotel so that my daughter had access to emergency cash; he arranged transportation for my daughter to get from the hotel to the US Embassy and then to the airport; he personally greeted my daughter when she arrived at the hotel; he even brought complimentary snacks to my daughter's room once she arrived and checked in. Mr. Sanchez clearly demonstrated world class customer service and helped make a stressful situation for my daughter, a most pleasant experience. By the way, my daughter raved about the hotel and said the accomodations were "outstanding", "luxurious" and "1st class."

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary P
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Gary from sunny California,
We thank you for your time to share the not so pleasant experience of your daughter while in Peru, for having her passport and documents stolen. The positive side is that it turned out as a great opportunity for our associate Eduardo Sanchez, form AYS (At Your Service) to demonstrate his genuine customer oriented skills in supporting your young daughter in all she had to go through to get a new passport. We will recognize Eduardo for his great attitude so that he can have that motivation to keep up his great performance. Thank you very, very much for your kind words and appreciation. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations. It was our entire pleasure to be at your service!
Walter Regidor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lima Region, Peru
Reviewed May 9, 2014

let's start with reservations.....I always choose to make reservations directly with the Hotel, and not with worldwide reservations desk, why? because I can talk with those they need to know what do I need , and I have to Congratulate first the Staff at Reservations Desk in LIMA, because they always make us HAPPY, before arrival, as Gold Member they recognize our Loyalty to Marriott around the world, and they offer to us the Up Grade up on availability, also they recognize my wife Myriam Lazo as a VIP Guest, something I really respect from their side. I have to congratulate Mr. Aldo at reservations , he is polite, profesional and warm person, good for you Mr. Aldo, thank you for managing our reservations !! I have to Congratulate, at the Lounge , Mrs. Valeria, always welcome us and the most important thing...she knows my son Nicky since many years ago, so as soon we arrive she know what He likes!! Thank you very much dear Valeria you are very kind ! Gracias!! GREAT JOB!! I have to congratulate Sr Julio Doorman!! the best!! in town!! he knows our son since he born!! over a decade !! also the front Desk....fantastic, Concierge the best.....Congratulations for all !! you are doing and excellent JOB!! great TEAM, great STAFF, great HOME IN LIMA!! thank you ALL!! Gracias a todos !! los felicito!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are UNIQUE....incredible view, incredible sunset!! incredible infinito....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Alex,
We appreciate your taking the time to post your comments!! Thank you! We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you for your recognition about our staff support, particularly Aldo Sanguineti, Valeria Yanez and Julio Chirinos. We really take pride for all of them, our committed staff members, always going the extra mile to serve our guests the way you all deserve. Please come back, we are at your service and look forward to personally greeting you again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Hotel has a great view of the Ocean. I found the cost of over $400 per night to be rather expensive when hotels like the El Palace in Barcelona are charging the same price. Sorry Lima is not Barcelona and this hotel doesn`t even compare in design, service, or style to El Palace. First, the hotel literally has couches vinyl on them in the downstairs lobby. The Gym while nice had some dated equipment and the Men`s Locker Room was crowded with locals that the hotel sells Gym Memberships to. I had to wait for a Locker for almost 30 minutes. On my two visits there the Steam Room was out of Service. They have Trainers in the Gym but they seem more interested in helping the Locals than helping Hotel Guests.

The Hotel has a delightful Buffet Restaurant with a good variety of food choices. However, you have to ask for a Menu not what you would expect in a Hotel that charges $400 plus per night. Being in the Restaurant business a Buffet represents a lot higher profit for the establishment that Menu items. The rooms are rather nice and a good size and well appointed. The Hotel has just renovated so they were new.

The Hotel contracts with a private company for Airport Pickups and I was charged $75.00 and later called a company recommended by a friend in Lima. The other company charged me $40 and used a more recent Mercedes and the Driver really spoke English.

On my second stay at the Hotel I needed a taxi for a short trip and they called the company they use and waited 40 minutes before giving up. I asked the Front Desk Staff to call another company I had seen advertising and the taxi was there in 8 minutes. What was interesting was when I went downstairs to get into the Cab I saw the other company finally arrived the taxi was very old and not in great condition. When I asked the Front Desk to call the company I found they tried to scare me and said you should use a Secured Taxi and the company we use has reliable new vehicles. Interesting because the company I asked the Front Desk to call had a brand new Sedan and the Driver was wearing a uniform and was using GPS to get me to my location. I later met a guest who had used the company the hotel calls and he told me the driver got lost going to his destination and did not even have a map and he said the Taxi was filthy. Also the company used by the Marriott refused to issue a receipt according to the to the other Guest while I had no problem getting one from the company I used. Once again I must ask is that what you expect from a Hotel that is charging $400 plus per night?

The Hotel offers Massages in their Gym Area and I found those very well done however in most Day Spas you fill out a form that tells the Therapist what areas you want them to focus on or where you are having pain. This was not the case at this Hotel. The Therapist spoke little or no English and I had to point and use my limited Spanish. However, the Massage was about the only thing I enjoyed on what will be my final visit to this Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank ProjectJW
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to give us feedback. We appreciate your point of view about our product and service and the incidents you experienced during your stay; and also allow us to thank you for your positive findings.
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we strive to exceed the expectations of our distinguished guests who reward us with their preference.

Again, many thanks for allowing me to reach you with this heartfelt response and we look forward to welcoming and reassuring you we can provide a renewed experience with us in the future.

General manager
London
Reviewed May 6, 2014

As everyone has said before, the location of the hotel is superb with great views and easy access to the shopping in the Mall opposite.
We stayed here twice this week, either side of our trip to Cusco, and we were able to store suitcases here while we were away. As a Gold member we had access to the lounge but found on our second visit there was a distinct lack of any real choices. I was told by one member of staff that as they had been so busy they had run out of many things which had not been replaced including any breads. I asked if they were going to get some and was told no.
Rosa, who we met on our first visit saved the day. She sent out for a selection of bread rolls etc. What a charming and very friendly person. An asset to Marriott.
The rooms were clean and well equipped. We were also permitted to have breakfast in the main restaurant which is superb.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! It sounds exciting that you experienced Cusco, a truly adventurous destination in Peru; and capped your trip at our property. We are very pleased to hear you found our hotel very comfortable and well located. Great! Also, thank you for your appreciation for our staff support – particularly Rosa Navarro at the Executive Lounge –. We are most grateful for your sharing your nice experience with all through your review, and will definitely take into consideration your feedback, as a great opportunity for improvement. Thank you!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a very modern and stylish hotel that accommodated us on the 19th. floor in a spacious, luxurious room with superb ocean views and we could not fault the amenities and the service.

The hotel is located just across the road from a major, modern shopping complex which included a small supermarket. Also across the road is a cliff top walking path that has excellent views of the Lima coastline. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear guest from vibrant Sydney,

Thank you very much for your great comments! We truly appreciate our customers’ preference and always aim to exceed the expectations of all guests. Undoubtedly our superb location is a unique feature we take pride for as our guests enjoy the closeness to a wide variety of entertainment places and amazing views.
We will be delighted to have you back in the not too distant future!

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My first trip to Lima was made so easy by the excellent staff at the JW Marriott. The hotel is located in the Miaflores District with great shopping and access to the rest of Lima by bus, taxi, and on foot. How could we not have a great stay since we are loyal to the brand and were given access to the concierge lounge which overlooked the Ocean below Lima. Rosa from the JW was so helpful to us as we were on a business trip and any comfort is most appreciated. Excellent food, snacks, drinks, travel information, Rosa had it all and was so helpful. We took in the local ruins, which were of pre-Incan origin, as well as local seafood and wonderful lime drinks. We almost got all of our work completed as well as being at the JW was just like being at home. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best, but fog sometimes affects the higher views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mike,

We are very thankful for your taking the time to write such a delightful and detailed note in which you covered lots of what the hotel has to offer!! Wonderful! Our goal is to make each and every guest enjoy a great time in our property. We are very happy to hear that you felt home while staying in our property. I will publicly recognize Rosa Navarro for your appreciation of her, so she can be motivated to keep up her great work. Undoubtedly, as you have pointed out so nicely, our location is a fantastic feature our guests enjoy for many different reasons as the ones you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Again, thank you very much!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Great location in Miraflores with a lovely view when it isn't foggy. This is everything you'd expect from a JW Marriott. The room was lovely and breakfast was fantastic.

Tip--If you don't want to pay double for your cabs, walk a few blocks away from the hotel to catch the cab.

Spa tip--I got a massage but they didn't ask what areas I wanted them to focus on. (Most spas have you fill out a form in advance so I was surprised by this.) The lady giving me the massage didn't appear to speak English so I really should have discussed it with someone at the desk. After hiking for three days, not surprisingly, I wanted some focus on my legs. Instead she focused on my neck and barely got to my legs. It was a decent massage, just not what I wanted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Amy from Washington, DC.

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel! Particularly about the privileged location of our property, the product we have and the service we provide. We are happy for your feedback and consider that we have a great opportunity to review the massage experience we offer to our guests. Thank you for your preference and hopefully we will welcome you back very soon.