“Amazing Views”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Miraflores was the perfect option for our Lima stopover. This hotel is lovely, nice size rooms for 2A/2C with 2 x queen beds. Head straight to the lunchtime buffet you could not ask for more. There are some lovely touches provided by this hotel, chocolates in the room etc

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Walter R, Director General at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest from Perth,

Thank you for your great comments! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, especially the quality and comfort in our rooms. Thank you for your nice appraisal of our La vista Buffet. Question, did you try our Sushi Ceviche Lounge? You can’t miss it next time you are around. Please do come back soon, it is always a pleasure to be at your service.

Walter Regidor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,340)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on 2 separate occasions in April and on both occasions were impressed with the quality of this hotel.
The hotel is located at Miraflores and has outstanding views of the sea, which is regularly covered in sea mist.
That being said it is also close to the major shopping centre of Larco Mall.
The meals we experienced were excellent, both in the Executive lounge and also in the main part of the hotel.
Staff throughout our stay we're very friendly and efficient and in particular the Check in/Check out process was handled quickly.
The only downside with the hotel is the 1 hr drive from the airport,but it's worth the drive as the hotel is of such a great standard.
Recommend this hotel as the place to stay in Lima

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest from Adelaide,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your fabulous comments about our hotel! You are definitely right: our location is a fantastic feature our guests enjoy very much, especially because of the view from higher floors. We appreciate also your pointing out about the great food and beverage options we have to offer. Also thank you for your service recognition; we really take pride for all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

They put lot of hard work into the team. From Ms. Fiorella at front desk to Rosa Navarro 24th executive lounge. They were very friendly and helpful from check in to my room to any restaurants recommendations. Just something most hotels lack the personal touch! Food at the hotel is fabulous from breakfast to dinner. I can't wait till to go back.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms near the elevator is good. Suite is tucked in the corner but have strange corners...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

To a dear visitor from Cusco,

Thank you so so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We appreciate your appraisal about our attentive and helpful staff, particularly Fiorella and Rosa. We really take pride of all our associates!.
Please do contact me for your next trip to Lima, we will be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wonderful, attentive service at La Vista Restaurant by Srta. "Karla" and Sr. "Carlos." Of course, good food at the very nice breakfast buffet - but the personal service was exceptional.

Executive lounge (24th floor): Srta. "Rosa" and Srta."Sandra" are two highly professional staff(and perfectly bilingual English/Spanish) that help guests - no matter how small the request. I made a couple or three requests - and they were addressed very fast and in a higly professional manner. High praise from me to the staff.

Dear Jonathan,

Great! We appreciate your comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations!. Thank you for your kind words about the service provided by our staff, particularly Karla & Carlos at La Vista Restaurant; Rosa and Sandra at the Executive Lounge. We will pass them on to them as a great motivation to keep up the great attitude to serve customers the way they do. Please do contact me next time and I will be delighted to be at your service. Thank you for your preference!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We usually stay in hotels that capture more of the local flavor than an American chain hotel when we're abroad, but this has been a great choice for Lima. The location couldn't be better: on the cliffs of Miraflores, overlooking the ocean. Wonderful views, and you can walk across the street to the park on top of the Larcomar Mall, sit in the sun and watch the world go by. Not a bad option, as it's difficult and not recommended to go down the high cliffs to the beach. The rooms are comfortable and average Marriott, but unlike a previous review, what has made this a great place to stay is the help and honest information the staff has given about navigating this city -- which has its challenges.

Room Tip: We chose a "prime" ocean view -- not the largest. Got a great AAA rate, and the room is a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your comments! We sincerely thank you as they show your perception about our product and service. We are absolutely proud of the prime location of this JW Marriott property, undoubtedly a unique feature very enjoyable for different reasons. Thank you for your recognition and great service provided by our staff. We really take pride for all of them. Again, thank you very much and we hope we can welcome you back very soon!!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently stayed at JW Marriott Lima, and the service was great! The entire staff has been terrific. I would like to specifically thank the VIP Lounge (Rosa, Valeria, and Maria) staff for their great customer service and great attitude. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the JW Marriott Hotel stay, luxury accommodations and great location. I would highly recommend this hotel if you’re staying in Lima!

Dear Irene,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel, as well as for your compliments. We are very sorry for the perception you have regarding your service experience while in our hotel, as we always strive and look for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations. Unfortunately we did not do it this time for which we extend our sincere apologies; however, as an invaluable opportunity you are providing us through your feedback we will focus on staff training. Hopefully we will welcome you back and completely renew your experience in our hotel and turn it into a great one in every sense. Please do contact me next time and I will be delighted to be at your service.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Service was phenomenal. However, room service was a bit annoying about how persistent they are about getting into your room to make sure everything is in order. I would put the do not disturb sign on the door and instead of getting knocking on the door I would get phone calls if I needed anything. I just did not want to be disturbed was all and I was. However, if you don’t care about that sort of thing then the room service is really good.
Considering the location, the hospitality, quick responses to your needs, cleanliness, and breakfast the value (price charged) was well worth it.
I have to give kudos to Alonso Mogrovejo. He made eggs for me every morning I was at the JW, knew my name, would engage in friendly banter, and if I forgot to go get my eggs after I ordered them he would bring them to my table. Terrific guy. I don’t know how he managed to keep a smile on his face showing up really early in the morning every morning to get breakfast ready and serve lines of people their eggs in a timely fashion. He now works the sabichi line in the dining room.
I’m staying a few extra nights and will comment again before I leave. Especially to give recognition to a few names that have escaped my mind.

Dear Guest,

We really can’t thank you enough for your fabulous comments. Thank you! Great way to describe our product and service. Excellent opportunity to recognize our staff, particularly Alonso Mogrovejo, who you kindly mentioned in your posting. We continuously strive for excellence, being our goal to make each and every guest feel home away from home! Thank you for bringing up also your experience with Room Service. I can see there is an opportunity there for improvement and we will focus on that immediately.
Thank you for your preference and hopefully I can have the chance to meet you personally before you leave our hotel. Again, thank you very, very much!