“Outstanding in every Way”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 229 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Outstanding location, outstanding reception, outstanding room, outstanding dining/service. If you are fortunate enough to have access to the concierge lounge, you may find it as one of the best in all of Marriott worldwide. True 1st class service/staff/food. When in Lima, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LifetimePlatinum
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Lima

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at this Marriot because we wanted 1) a bit of pampering after 3 weeks in Peru (where we had to take great care in finding potable water, e.g.) and 2) this classic North American hotel chain allowed for us to re-enter our North American worldview.

This hotel is not going to give you the cultural experience many of us look for in in international travel, but it is very comfortable and yes, you can drink the water from the tap. The in-hotel restaurants are good, and we were treated very well by the restaurant staff.

Skip the Marriot's offer of airport limo, though. This is an over-priced an unnecessary service to purchase. Rather, ask the concierge to book you a regular taxi - the taxis that the Marriot call are the reputable ones.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Lori,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! It sounds exciting that you experienced adventurous destinations in Peru, and capped your trip at our property. We are very pleased to hear you found our hotel very comfortable in our guestrooms and that our staff gave you a friendly impression. Great!
We take this opportunity to mention that the safety of our guests is a very important aspect we take into consideration. For that reason we always encourage them to make sure they look for a secure taxi company to take them around at all times.
We will be delighted to have you back in the not too distant future! Thank you for your visit!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

you do the right balance between personalized services and no disruption into the privacy.
corporate rate is a little confuse for me, other places include breakfast and internet access
access to hotel - parking and passanger entrance are not easy, should be alittle more safety
rooms seems a little demode
those are just comments for be the best of the best

Thanks

Room Tip: higher rooms the best view indicate please the floor number and add the altitude
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, especially for your feedback about the personalized service we strive to provide to all our guests. It is rewarding to hear that you have enjoyed what the hotel has to offer.

We understand your opinion about the hotel entrance and take this opportunity to mention that the lobby on the 2nd floor is actually intended to offer a safer and more private atmosphere to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Again, thank you..!!

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

My one week stay was very nice for a business traveler. No problem with early check in or late checkout to accommodate my schedule. Nice gym and spa, excellent dining in the area. Comfortable room with a nice view of the ocean and Pacific sunsets.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations!. Thank you for your kind words our product and service. Undoubtedly our splendid location provides our guests with wonderful views. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a 12 hour layover in Lima before returning to NYC so I figured I'd stop by the Marriott and see how the restaurant was. Michael was the perfect bartender and the happy hour menu offered 2 for the price of 1 sushi rolls until 8pm. All drinks were also 2 for 1 until 8pm. Great deal and the sushi was great. Thanks Michael for being so wonderful!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments as well as your time to share them publicly. Rest assured we always look for ways to exceed our customer expectations!. Thank you for your kind words about Michael, at the Sushi Ceviche Lounge. We will pass them on to him as a great motivation to keep up the great attitude to serve customers the way he does. We look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

very nice hotel with good location friendly staff.. and the best the honesty of the staff i left thing and the housekeeping department send me email .the services beyond expectation this my first i stayed in marriott hotel .and the lounge in executive floor friendly staff and good service .

Room Tip: a corner room and suites are larger and sunny ,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Hana,

Thank you for your very valuable comments!!. Also thank you for your appreciation of the honesty and friendliness of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel, hopefully very soon!
Again, thank you very much!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel to attend a friend's wedding in Lima and I was very very happy with the staff and the hotel itself. My room was larger than I expected. It was a corner room giving me a beautiful view of the ocean and the city as well. I like how nicely it was decorated and how comfortable & roomy it was.

I arrived later in the afternoon and the first staff member I met soon after checking into my room was a lovely girl from housekeeping named Lisbeth. She greeted me with a beautiful smile as she introduced herself and helped me to adjust my room temperature and gave my room evening turn-down service each night I was there. She was very professional & kind.

During my stay, before attending the wedding I found that I needed a tie and I didn't have the time to go out to a store to purchase one so I called the front desk and told them my problem and asked if they could help me. The staff from the front desk and housekeeping worked together very quickly and was able to loan me a tie for my evening's event. They were great.

The Lobby, the pool and of course the great casino right there on the ground floor of the hotel all added to my amazing stay at this property and I will definitely make this my first & only choice on my next trip to Peru.

Room Tip: My room was a nice high floor corner suite offering great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear guest

We are very thankful for the time you have taken to write such wonderful comments, Our goal is to make each and every guest enjoy a great time at our property and feedback like yours reinforce our desire to continue in the same direction. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and professional. I will publicly recognize them by showing your comment to our staff, particularly to Lisbeth and the front desk, so they can be motivated to keep up their great work.

Thank you for considering us as your only and first choice for your next trip to Peru; We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Again, thank you very much!