“honesty and servives”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 229 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

very nice hotel with good location friendly staff.. and the best the honesty of the staff i left thing and the housekeeping department send me email .the services beyond expectation this my first i stayed in marriott hotel .and the lounge in executive floor friendly staff and good service .

Room Tip: a corner room and suites are larger and sunny ,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Hana,

Thank you for your very valuable comments!!. Also thank you for your appreciation of the honesty and friendliness of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel, hopefully very soon!
Again, thank you very much!!

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Lima

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel to attend a friend's wedding in Lima and I was very very happy with the staff and the hotel itself. My room was larger than I expected. It was a corner room giving me a beautiful view of the ocean and the city as well. I like how nicely it was decorated and how comfortable & roomy it was.

I arrived later in the afternoon and the first staff member I met soon after checking into my room was a lovely girl from housekeeping named Lisbeth. She greeted me with a beautiful smile as she introduced herself and helped me to adjust my room temperature and gave my room evening turn-down service each night I was there. She was very professional & kind.

During my stay, before attending the wedding I found that I needed a tie and I didn't have the time to go out to a store to purchase one so I called the front desk and told them my problem and asked if they could help me. The staff from the front desk and housekeeping worked together very quickly and was able to loan me a tie for my evening's event. They were great.

The Lobby, the pool and of course the great casino right there on the ground floor of the hotel all added to my amazing stay at this property and I will definitely make this my first & only choice on my next trip to Peru.

Room Tip: My room was a nice high floor corner suite offering great views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear guest

We are very thankful for the time you have taken to write such wonderful comments, Our goal is to make each and every guest enjoy a great time at our property and feedback like yours reinforce our desire to continue in the same direction. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and professional. I will publicly recognize them by showing your comment to our staff, particularly to Lisbeth and the front desk, so they can be motivated to keep up their great work.

Thank you for considering us as your only and first choice for your next trip to Peru; We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Again, thank you very much!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Only got to spend 24 hours here, but loved it. Sushi bar in lobby is nice but with a small selection. As a Gold member, the lounge is one of the best even when compared against other Marriott properties. The view is excellent, especially for sunsets. I was not able to catch a para-glider out the window, but I have heard you can watch them from the lounge and it is spectacular. I went for a run to the "cross on the hill" across the bay, but it is quite a distance so you better have your running shoes on. The pool is another nice spot to take in the sunsets, a little breezy though. The rooms were excellent. My rating for the ability to block out light in the room...about a 7.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bo D
Walter R, Director General at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your gorgeous comments and the time taken to share them.
Our views of the pacific ocean from the rooms and the pool area are spectacular features that characterize us!

As a runner I imagine you enjoyed yours and invite you to join a hotel group of runners that departs every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30am for a nice 8 kilometers through the Ocean cost side.

Once again thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

At the end of a fine day-tour of Lima on a long flight layover, one of our passports and wallet were pickpocketed just before our return to the airport. In a panic, we asked the taxi driver to take us to a nearby hotel so we could figure out what to do. The desk staff at the JW Marriott took on our problem as if it were their own: gave us a room at a great rate; gave us free access to the phone and internet; provided all phone numbers for the Embassy, airlines, police, etc. After we settled down a bit, the Customer Relations manager on duty arranged for their security guy to take us to the police station to file a report (necessary to get another passport). The kindness and attention of the staff continued for the 3 days we were stranded in Lima (the US Embassy is open only M-F from 8 am to 11:30 am).

In addition to the great service, the hotel overlooks a nice beach and is across the street from an upscale shopping plaza. The room was lovely--nice linens, big shower and bathtub, nice corner view of the ocean. The pool is small and lacks enough seating, but OK for a quick dip. We commend everyone who helped us out and turned our disaster into a pleasant weekend stay.

1  Thank Kathleen H
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Kathleen,

We appreciate you have taken the time to post your comments! Thank you! As much as we are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, we are also truly sorry for the negative experience you went through. However, we take pride for the kind way you describe the action taken by our staff in order to make it less difficult for you. Thank you for your lovely comments about our great location, which is undoubtedly a unique feature all our guests enjoy for the reasons you mentioned. It is very rewarding to hear you were pleased with our product and service! Please come back, we are at your service and look forward to personally greeting you next time!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Excellent venue and location by the beach. The hotel is an a safe area so is suitable for all.
The food and drink are of high quality and the facilities are excellent. The staff can speak English and are extremely helpful and polite. The outdoor Pool is very popular and can be busy, however the gym is fantastic and is fully stocked with all the latest weight and CV machines.

In summary 5 out of 5 from me.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Richard,

We appreciate your taking the time to posting your comments!! Thank you!! We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Your point of view about the safety is very important. Undoubtedly our unique location is a great feature all our guests enjoy very much. Thank you for your comments about our food and beverage offerings, as well as for your kind words of recognition in favor of our staff members. Please come back, we are at your service and look forward to personally greeting you next time!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This Valentine's Day we were given a gift of a night at the Marriott by the director of our organization. He is an Elite member who travels extensively and enjoys treating those of us leading offices around the world with nights at various Marriott's from Singapore to London to Sao Paulo etc. He reserved for us a Prime Ocean View room with a king bed and as using his status for us to have complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. When we checked in at 4:00pm we were told that they did not have an ocean view room with a king bed and that we would have to take two double beds and that as well we would have to pay extra for lounge access, we were also told that they would charge us for the bill and would not use the card used to make the reservation . So we checked in and got to our room and I sent a message to my director who had booked and paid for the room. He let me know about 2 hours later that he had called multiple times and that no one was answering the phone in reservations and that in every case all around the world where he booked there was never an issue with his paying the reservation without being present and that they would honor his status in giving his guests his benefits of internet and lounge access.

The night was a long one with very little sleep for my wife and myself. We laid down at 12:00am and found it very hard to sleep in the double bed together. We awoke multiple times to adjust the thermostat which was either hot or cold but never in between and were even awoken by noise in an adjoining room at around 4:00am which I couldn't believe that the walls would be so thin.

At check out today, we were charged for the room, lounge access, and had to wait in line for 20 minutes to check-out as the reception was understaffed. Overall our director has said he will never book in this particular Marriott again and we will not be recommending it to visitors. The reservations desk even had the audacity to say that when my director called the night before they were very busy so they could not answer the phone. Just a disgrace! What was supposed to be a great gift of rest and relaxation for us as a couple turned into an expensive sleepless night and a next day of back and neck aches.

We would not recommend this hotel if service is important to you. Yes, its has a nice view and location, but for a 4 star Marriott with a Trip Advisor award next to the desk where the reception tells me he is too busy to answer the phone, well that seems pretty pathetic for just the view.

3  Thank Matt R
Walter R, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Being our goal the search for excellence as well as exceeding our customers’ expectations, we very much regret we have failed in both objectives with you. Beyond any explanations we can come out with regarding the unfortunate incidents you and your wife went through the past Valentine’s Day; the single fact that one of our guests was not satisfied while in our hotel is a huge concern for us. Please allow me to apologize for each and every detail which did not work properly to make your experience a wonderful one. We are very sorry for all the inconveniences you experienced, which are in any way representative of the quality of product and service we regularly offer to all our guests.
Please do come back and give us another opportunity to show you all we have to offer to you!
Thank you for bringing all those issues to our attention. We have a very important opportunity here to ensure that incidents of the nature described by you are not repeated in our property.
Again, thank you very much,

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, near a rocky beach in Lima, Peru. The hotel is a typical top level Marriott, with a very nice concierge room and exceptional customer service. It's located close to Kennedy Park, which is similar to Central Park in New York City. Staff are great at helping make plans and reservations

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Ruth

We appreciate your fantastic comments! Our main goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. It is true that our great location is a unique feature our hotel has for the enjoyment of all our guests and customers. Thank you for your kind recognition of our service staff.
We hope you can come back soon and give us again the privilege of hosting your visit to Lima.