“JW Marriott Lima”

JW Marriott Hotel Lima
Ranked #3 of 232 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The JW is a great Marriott property and exemplifies what you'd expect for the brand. From the time I checked in (around 1 am) to the time I checked out (late checkout at 6pm), the JW staff was great!

I was there for a work conference so most of our meals were in the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner were all very good and showed a lot of the local flavor. The conference and banquet staff were very attentive and eager to keep everyone happy.

I had a nice room on the 17th floor that faced the ocean. It was foggy the week I was there so I didn't get to enjoy the views as much as I would have liked, but the times the weather was clear, the view was very nice. Rooms looked "newer" like there was a recent renovation.

The Concierge Lounge is a bit smaller than other Marriott properties in South America, but has all the things that you'd expect to find. Staff in the lounge were also very friendly and helpful.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was large clean and comforable. Every room in the hotel has an ocean view, assuming that the fog hasn't rolled in for the morning. Many restaurants and shops in the mall across the street. I've stayed in this hotel five times now and enjoyed every visit, which is saying something for a business trip.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the "executive" levels breakfast in included on the 24th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 on our way thorugh Lima from Cusco / Machu Picchu. The hotel greeted us warmly despite the fact that we showed up looking like a couple of scruffy backpackers. We got a lovely room with a stunning view and set off on foot to explore the coastline around Miraflores. Lovely. You couldn't ask for a better location. Nice walk up the coast to the famous El Parque del Amor. We had very little time to spare in Lima so we opted to eat at the hotel - lovely sushi and ceviche. Divine.

The only problem was at 2 a.m. when we left to catch our early morning flight (ugh). We didn't book their Mercedes limo service, opting for a taxi instead. I guess they are protective of the deal they have with this company because they wouldn't order a taxi for us. I have never had this happen at any Marriott or JW Marriott before. The doorman made a halfhearted attempt to help but said taxis wouldn't take an airport fare. After 20 min we were getting very nervous so I went out into the street myself and hailed a proper licensed taxi without any issue. Annoying end to an otherwise wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I believe they all have ocean views (?) but if not make sure to request one. Stunning. High floor re...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I don't know where these reviewers were, but I am now at the JW Marriott Lima executive floor. The lounge breakfast is dreadful and the so-called supper is tiny dollops of mystery food. We went to the restaurant Sunday night and had a pizza, only they forgot the tomato sauce. And on it goes. The rose glasses reviewers have clearly not experienced more than holiday inn quality. The view is very nice.. Marriott couldn't screw that up. The room is cramped, the phone doesn't work and the shower is a dribble. Go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magellan008
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here in April for 2 nights. Pickup from the hotel was smooth, organized thru them, with an independent operator. Location was great in Miraflores. Ocean view, nice promenade outside that we enjoyed, and LOVED the Illy coffee maker in the room. The shower was great.
The concierge desk was most helpful, and patient. Got us to 2 great restaurants, both special.
On the whole, it could not match the beauty of the Marriott in Cusco!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am here right now and will be back next Saturday after a week in the Cusco area. I rolled in around 2100 last night using car service that the concierge arranged for me. The place was busy but I was warmly welcomed at the entrance and the front desk. I am on the 22nd floor facing the ocean and the view is great. I rushed to the Executive Lounge as soon as I got into my room last night because I wanted some water due to flying dehydration. The employee was very apologetic because the dinner had just ended but they did have cold bottled water, which is really what I wanted.

The lounge does have food available all day long (or that is how it seems). My breakfast consisted of eggs and some sort of delicious pork with gravy on it. They also had bacon, sausage, and a great selection of breads, pastries, cheeses, meats, etc. There was plenty of room so getting a seat was not an issue. And yes, the employees are very accommodating, especially Valeria.

As earlier reviews have stated, the hotel is right across the street from Larcomar. The area is safe - I walked the cliffside trail this morning and the ventured up toward Parque Kennedy this afternoon and then on to the artisans' market. No problems. And yes, when you wind up with the high denomination bills from the ATM, the front desk will cash them for you.

The room is clean and large. I had visions of snagging one of those amazing corner rooms but alas it did not happen. As a matter of fact, I compromised and took a room with 2 queen beds (versus my preferred king) for the sake of getting the great ocean view. But the view is worth it. The bathroom is very large with separate shower and tub. Everything is spotless.

I tried my first Pisco sour at the bar downstairs. Pedro did not disappoint. The climate control worked well and was quiet. The outside temperatures right now are in the low 70's but the humidity is a bit high so it always nice to be able to put on some a/c.

The place is humming. It looks like this is the place that business people from all over the world stay. All in all, I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: You want a full view of the ocean from a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is excellent. Nicely positioned overlooking the cliffs in a upmarket area of Lima. My husband and I stayed on the upper floors with access to The Executive Lounge. It was well equipped with breakfast and supper and the staff were extremely welcoming. Overall an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are well worth it. The Executive floors are excellent as is the Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple