“Great lunch buffet!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Great lunch buffet!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Although I did not stay here while in Lima, I did enjoy the lunch buffet at La Vista before beginning a city tour later that day. The buffet had a good variety of food offerings which was a treat for me since I had spent a week of traveling to Cusco and Aguas Calientes eating meals filled with meat and potatoes. I must have had 3 servings of their green beans while here because I was so starved for fresh veggies! The other buffet items I tried were equally delicious. The waiter was hospitable and the service prompt.

All of the places that I lodged/dined in while in Peru were lovely, however as an American who enjoys international travel, I must say it's nice to experience something familiar from time to time while abroad.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank mlm712

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here about 20 nights this year for business and I must say that it is one of my favorite hotels to stay in when I'm traveling. The people are very nice and courteous and will handle everything that you need. The concierge service is extremely good, they email before I arrive to determine if I need anything special or a car to pick me up from the airport. The JW Lounge has great food and friendly waitresses and bar staff. The breakfast is fantastic. As you are in Lima, there is a very good selection of 5-star restaurants close by. Right on the ocean with stellar views. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Use their car service to pick you up from the airport....It's expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BigYellow797
Atlanta
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location and service. We had a wonderful stay here...any question we had was answered and the concierge staff had some great suggestions. They also found us a great driver "Rafael" who went out of his way to show us Lima and the surrounding area. We had flights thru Lima and the bell staff allowed us to store our bags in the hotel on our return trip with out a room reservation for that day. View from the rooms are excellent and quite alot within walking distance. Definitely will stay here on my next trip to Lima.

Room Tip: Check out the weekend rates. I split up my reservation and the weekend rate was half of the weekday...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jp3Atlanta
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is beautiful in the heart of Miraflores, overlooking the water and the outside mall, Locomar. You can walk to shopping and restaurants easily. The gym is one of the best gyms I have ever seen in my life and has all state-of-the-art equipment. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We did not eat at any of the restaurants there, but had breakfast and snacks in the Executive Lounge. The food in the Lounge was fresh and they had a wide selection. There are always taxis waiting, although you do pay a higher rate taking the Mercedes cars that line up at the JW, vs. walking to the cab stand across the street. The rooms are very spacious and we had a tub and separate shower in our bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megsies24
Lima, Peru
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a nice JW Marriott hotel with great service and the best....the unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean !!!
Very nice and pleasant rooms (JW Marriott standard), super confy beds and fluffy towels. Extraordinary breakfast buffet.
Lots of restaurants nearby.
Great place to stay in Lima.

Room Tip: every room has ocean view but always higher rooms have the best view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patriciaDubai
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a night!! Brilliant spot in Lima overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the Larcomar shopping mall two steps away!!! Everything in the hotel spot on!!! Room immaculate! Didnt have breakfast as had to catch an early morning flight!!! Had a steak in Larcomar i think in a place that translated to "The Mad Cow" - cooked in front of you - highly recommend this and very very cheap!!! Good place for a wander around!! Good Pisco Sours!!

Would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Northern VA
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is beautiful, the service is great, the location is wonderful, the beds are heaven, the gym was nice. I don't think I should expect anything less for the cost, especially at a JW Marriott. It's a little bit of a pain that the lobby is on he second floor, so if you forget something you kind of have to think about whether it's really worth it to go back up, but that's trivial. The only thing I found disappointing is that there is only wifi in the lobby, which I couldn't even access for some reason. For a hotel that nice, I would expect wifi to be available throughout the hotel, for free! Just saying, I've stayed in other very nice hotels in Lima, and wifi was always free.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends