“Another wonderful stay...”

Ranked #54 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Santiago, Chile
“Another wonderful stay...”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We usually stay at this hotel, and the other one of the same company in Paracas, and is always a great experience. Excellent facilities, good location, exquisite food and pisco sour, very very very good atention...I really recommend it and also to spend some days at La hacienda in Paracas, really dreamy!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Wife and I stayed at La Hacienda for two nights on the way to Macchu Piccu. Hotel decor is a mixed bag, I don't think they know quite who they want to be, and hot water is at a premium, but front office staff is helpful, location is good in Miraflores, and bartenders are talented.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for a night on my way to Cuzco. Suitable location, overlooking one of the most important avenues in Lima and a few blocks away from the Miraflores shopping center. The staff is friendly indeed, a trademark of Peruvians. They welcomed me with a tasty Pisco sour! The room is average size and comfortable. It also houses a casino which I didn't visit. In all, it was a nice, short experience and already looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three days during a recent trip to Peru. While the decor is a bit dated the hotel is clean, well run with helpful staff, and its in a good location. The breakfast in the morning was good with plenty of choices. If you are used to staying at the Ritz then this place will probably disappoint. But if you want clean comfortable rooms and an attentive staff without a lot of frills then this place is good.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank stbhatter
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is located on a main street in the Miraflores District, where you can pretty much walk to many touristic sites. The hotel is good, not too modern, but fine. The room was big and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cecis
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was a most disappointing hotel in lima. The room was dark and worn. It had no character and was very basic. The staff were not very pleasant nor helpful. The location was good. I would not return to this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We have been traveling from the Galapagos Islands since early that morning and we had a 6-hour layover in Guayaquil so when we got here very late at night, we were exhausted. We did not make the reservations - the tour company did. The room was dark and it was difficult to even see the numbers on my combination TSA lock. I had to use my small flashlight to open my suitcase.
The hotel was located in Miraflores, a good section of town in Lima. We were in Room 709. . When the bellman turned on the air conditioner, I told him that it was very loud. All he said was "I know". He could care less. I was too tired to complain so I did not make an issue. It sounded like a motorcycle! We were given two vouchers for Pisco Sour so my husband and I went to the bar to cash them in after we put our luggage down. The bar tender was efficient. He only spoke once . He said "Thank you" after I gave him the tip. On the wall by the bar was a picture of Hollywod actress (Ava Gardner) drinking Pisco Sour. It was Thanksgiving night and we had nothing to eat since we left the airport in Guayaquil that early evening. My husband enjoyed the Pisco sour. I do not drink so I gave mine to my husband. We both slept hungry.
Before midnight, I went downstairs and asked the front desk clerk if I could buy a toothbrush. They did not have any. I walked across the street and got one from the pharmacy that was still open. The pharmacist told me that it was one of the cheapest toothbrushes she had - almost $7.00 (US dollars).

The interior of the room reminded me of the interior design in the 70's. The pictures on the walls were somewhat scary. The bathroom looked modern - perhaps, just renovated. In the middle of the night, a dog howled continuously. Then, I heard cars honking all night long. I, then, realized that we were possibly near the casino side of the hotel. I got up to turn off the air conditioner that contributed to all the noise! Bless his heart, my husband only woke up once and he mentioned the car honking and the dog barking. The front desk clerk told us that breakfast would be ready by 5 AM. I thought that was good since our pick up time for the airport was at 5:30 A.M. After we checked out the next morning, we went to the restaurant. Breakfast was not ready, as promised, so we got some orange juice prior to our airport pickup.

I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room away from the casino.