“I love this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #99 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Geneva, Switzerland
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in this hotel and I really felt in love with it. The service was amazing, people in front desk was very nice and the food by the restaurant was so tasty.... I stay in a jr. suite and the room was plenty big and confortable.
During the check out, they gave me a souvenir as a present and that really sorprised me and create the final WOW for the experience.
I recommend this hotel to everyone, it is very complete and has also a nice pool and jacuzzi on the rooftop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelEmbajadores, Front Office Manager at Embajadores Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Vincen:

First off, let me thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay in Embajadores.
I am very glad that you enjoy your stay and like the hotel. We will be more than happy to have you again with us.

Have a great weekend,

Jose Francisco Guerrero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

i recently stay for a few days on july 13, the room smells to humidity that wont go even if you open or turn the A/C, the bufett, be awere, they will charge if U order onother tipe of eggs, and at the end tey will tell u, the bufett is lame, and bad quality, the matress no firmness, service not so bad, staff only juan jose makes the extra mile, they have a frigobar, with stuff but is open and U dont now what on it, at the end they charge U candies or water, be careful, for the price U can get a beter hotel lile runcu or casa andina

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richard m
Dear Richard,

I am very sorry about the issues you have with us during your stay. Is the first time someone complains about the quality of the buffette breakfast and sounds wear since all the staff of the hotel is trying all the time to help guest by making feel them the best they can.
About the frigobar we do have invontories and during the check out the houskeeping supervisor checks in case the guest has drink or eaten something. We do not charge if it is not confirmed by the system and the supervisor.
I would like you to send me an email so we can track your complain and work on something in order to have you as a guest with us again.

Jose Francisco Guerrero

Travelers are raving about these Lima hotels

San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a 5* service hotel. This is a great hotel with fabulous service!!! Request a suite and it was really big, a little expensive but if you can afford it it will worth¡

We loved walking in the morning and going to the beach. Having dinner at the hotel and going out to miraflores to some bars and restaurants was great.

We loved the breakfast each day!! It opens at 6:30AM, and it has a lot of different type of food, so you wont get tired.

Service is amazing and are really good trained, What a wonderful staff!!
We will come again in two months and we already got an amazing price for the same room, we are very glad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rose k
Dear Rose:

Tanks for your review and for sharing your experience on the web. Your comment just reflects the service work and trainning of all the staff of the hotel.
We are looking forward to meet you again and to offer you the best service again.

We are very glad to hear from you,

Bolingbrook, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

After 10hr flight from Chicago IL to Lima Peru I was very excited to stay in this hotel. It got really above AVG reviews. Taxi service was good picked me up right at the door and knew who i was right away. Taxi spoke above AVG English as well so we could talk.

When i got to the hotel at 9am Micheal at the front desk told me i could not check in until 11am. He gave me a Choice to wait outside with my bags or pay the Hotel 25$ US to check in early.. So i had no choice but to pay 25$ US right up front.

After i gave him the money then I was told i have to pay 225$ extra for my girlfriend to stay in the room with me for the week. I explained that i emailed the hotel 2 week prior and they said no problem and not extra charge. The front desk refused to accept the fact i had communicated with the hotel 2 weeks prior about this very such thing. Not knowing Peru i had no choice, so i paid another 225$ US to have her stay with me for the week.

It was my first vacation so i was trying to think positive... After 4 days in the hotel everything was going smooth i was walking around Lima and everything was beautiful.

The 5th day i was heading to the beach so i did not want to carry my wallet or my backpack. I put everything in my suitcase under my clothes and zipped everything closed. I get back from the beach later on to find that my VISA card had been taken from my suitcase! So now i have no emergency money for Peru or extra money to spend if i wanted to. I called the manager and he told me that he would be in the next day to speak with me. He was not coming in today... Little upset i could do nothing... I called and canceled the Visa card right away and Visa told me it someone tried using it down the street 2 hours prior to me calling but could not because they did not have the pass code.

The manager arrived the next day and we spoke and he told me that it was my fault for leaving my things in the room! He asked me why i did not use the safe in the room... I let him know that no one told me about a safe when i got there nor did i know there was one in the room. I was told its in the back of the closet hidden.. After going back and forth with that manager i got the feeling that i was he did not care. The manager was insisting that it was my fault for someone stealing my Visa card out of my room.. After everything was said and done i asked for a refund on the 225$ and the 25$ fees i got when i arrived in the hotel first thing. The manager told me NO and i was going to have to just deal with the charges.. After everything he offered me lunch to compensate for everything. I got upset and just said no, so the manager gave me a small bottle of Pisco as a gift to say sorry..

After everything i would NEVER stay in this hotel again.. The photos were a LIE and the Manager was very "Macho" type of man and gave me the impression that he thought i was under him and he was better then me. I was very disappointed with my stay here and told the manager i would never recommend this hotel to anyone and i would be writing this review.

As well i will be calling Expedia to further my complaint.

I will post photos along with this review to show more of what i am speaking of. The hotel is outdated and empty for a reason.

The pool: was small only fit 4 people max
Hot Tub: no water and smelled nasty in the room
Gym: Rusty and out dated stuff
Rooftop: Dirty and falling apart
Hotel room: Smelled and outdated everything
Breakfast: Felt like cheese and crackers where the main dish, Coffee Good
Service: Good from 90% of the employees

Over all this is last choice for my hotel in Lima Peru again. Best thing about this hotel was a restaurant Mezze that was right down the street.

Room Tip: Hotel room i was in 606.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Jon H
HotelEmbajadores, Gerente at Embajadores Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Jon,

I am very sorry about the issues you have with us during your stay. Is very unusual to have money lost in the room, but that is the reason we allways offer the safety box to all of our guests. All the staff of the hotel is trying all the time to help guest by making feel them the best they can.
About the check in- you said Michael asked you to wait outside, and that is not the way we operate. Unfortunatety we do have times for the check in and check out as all the hotels worldwide, In case you arrive before time you can wait a bit by the lobby, or any common area or pay for early check-in as you pay also for late check out, but you never were sent out of the hotel as you mentioned.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

stayed here at the beginning and end of our intrepid trip. there was nothing majorly wrong with this place, it's just outdated. the beds were reasonably comfy and the staff reasonably friendly. Breakfast was also er, reasonable. there is a small pool and small gym at the top, though nothing really flash or really usable. Hot water took a while to come through and the shower tended to flood a bit. This seems to be a running trend in all peruvian showers. Short walk to the ocean and Miraflores and the recently opened shopping complex in the cliff side (the name escapes me). The decor is VERY 1990's tho. we didn't have an issue with it, more of an FYI for anyone looking for something a bit more flash.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sare_sperky
HotelEmbajadores, Gerente at Embajadores Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Sare:

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. Hope to see you again soon!

José Francisco Guerrero - Operations Manager
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Flew to Lima from venezuela. Easy check-in with a card to fill in for each guest. Room was clean, spacious, air conditioned & quiet. Bed was king and comfortable but I still got a good 6 hrs sleep. Wake up call was great! I Booked a wake up call which came bang on time with a follow up call 15 mins later to check if I was awake. Bathroom was clean with a toilet, sink & shower. Service was perfect and the personal was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Andres L
Dear Andres:

José Francisco Guerrero - Operations Manager
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm absolutely sickened by my experience at this hotel. The only reason we booked here was due to the Best Western name and the claim of handicap accessibility. Yes, there is a ramp and an elevator, but when we got to the room, we discovered that my boyfriend's wheelchair would not fit through the tiny bathroom door. He is only 38 and suffers from advanced brain cancer which has left him without the ability to walk. When I went to the front desk for help, they just shrugged and said "Sorry. All the rooms are like this". Why would a hotel do this to someone as if life hasn't been humiliating enough? Because we couldn't afford to go someplace else unless we got our money reimbursed, we are stuck here for two nights without being able to provide my boyfriend a place to wash or relieve himself. Their answer for us was to show up at our room an hour after check in with what their idea of a service recovery is... a bedpan. So we get the privilege of paying $125 a night to look at dirty carpets and a hole in the ceiling while trying to figure out how to maintain my boyfriend's dignity. I've always loved the Best Western, but refuse to give them any patronage in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary,

I am very sorry about the issues you have with us during your stay. As you mentioned ,we do have a ramp and elevator in the hotel, and just answering your comment, we do have bigger rooms and baths.
I appologize for the answer you received from front desk and I will immediately track the person who said that and make you feel that way.

I can understand your feeling and that you were upset, but at the same time I think is not fair to mention that we have dirty carpets or a hole in the roof when it is not true.

I will contact you by email so we can track your complain and work on something in order to make you feel better.