“Opulence and good location”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #98 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It is a very opulent, luxury hotel, that appears to take itself very seriously. I had a room at the executive floor - apparently that was the only way to guarantee early check-in (for an extra price of course). I need to qualify my review by noting that I only stayed in Lima for less than 24 hours, and therefore my view may be somewhat skewed as I did not have a chance to experience all that this hotel has to offer.

The best thing of all - in my view - was the amazingly comfortable bed. There were other good things, and they had been mentioned in other reviews: comfortable desk, lovely décor, a free drink at the bar, safe neighbourhood, alarm clock. Room was a good size - actually almost two separate rooms, so I'm sure it would have been comfortable to stay for a longer period. But I was not completely happy. I very much missed a kettle or coffeemaker which I think should be a standard equipment in a hotel room. Certainly, I could have ordered tea or coffee, but upon arrival I did not have much time except to change and move on, and a cup of tea would have helped. (I was checking out before breakfast too.) The minibar was very well stocked for your standard business traveler, just not really for me. I ended up having a bottle of water (1l Evian for 14.50 soles - later on I found it cost about 5 soles in a supermarket nearby, and a non-Evian 1 l bottle was 1.99 soles), simply out of necessity. I was in and out of my room throughout the day several times, and almost every time I came back, the towels were refolded, room tidied up, curtains drawn again. I am sure it signifies attentiveness, but to me the fact that someone came in every time I left was a bit too much attention. There were not enough sockets within close distance to working surfaces, especially the desk and the nightstand (none at all). I was checking out at 5.45 am and even at that time it took longer than necessary with a lot of paperwork. However, they have ordered a taxi to the airport for me and let me pay for it on my hotel bill. Overall, I was satisfied with my stay, and I may stay there again, but i will also explore other options.

A tip: there is a nice supermarket (Vivanda on Esquilache) less than 5 min away. If you plan to pay with a credit card, bring an ID.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mzj101

Reviewed January 21, 2013

With its elegant backdrop and impressive facilities the Royal Park Hotel in Lima truly sets the standard for five star living. It is a synergy of Art Deco, genuine Peruvian artefacts ultra modern facilities and the highest levels of service and comfort that will impress and delight even the most discerning clients.

The Royal Park Hotel is superbly situated in a beautiful part of the city called San Isidro. How many central city hotels can boast a golf course on their doorstep and benefit from a safe clean location near to all amenities that any international traveller might need?

This hotel thinks of absolutely everything. We were met at the airport and whisked off to the hotel through the rather chaotic traffic in the hotel's black Mercedes. A very interesting baptism to our first ever South American experience! The facade of The Royal Park Hotel is fairly plain, yet elegant, but stepping though the front door we were greeted with a stunningly impressive backdrop of Art Deco that is both warm, stylish and hugely impressive. Check-in formalities were conducted efficiently in a personal and cordial manner.

We were then showed to our room which quite frankly was stunning. The sheer opulence, space and stylish decor with every concievable amenity provided in the Royal Executive Suite literally blew us away. Exhausted from jet lag we were more than happy to sink into the heavenly crisp white luxurious sheets on the massive bed where we emerged next morning feeling totally relaxed and rejuvenated. The bedroom is equipped with an LCD and cable TV, a docking system and free speedy Wi-Fi. The bathroom boasts a jacuzzi bath with a multitude of L'Occitaine toiletries. The suite was cleaned and towels were refreshed twice a day. The spacious adjoining room is generously and comfortably furnished should you need to work, have a small business meeting or simply relax.

We really enjoyed the outdoor pool situated on the roof top and showcasing the most amazing views across Lima, followed by an invigorating sauna. There is also a gym with high-tech calisthenic aerobic equipment.

In addition the hotel offers outstanding Peruvian and international fusion cuisine at the elegantly pristine and intimate Le Moliere restaurant.

The gracious hospitality provided by the staff of The Park Royal deserves particular mention. Throughout the hotel we were greeted with huge friendly smiles by a team who really went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. It is rare to feel so at home in such a large hotel!

In our opinion The Royal Park Hotel in San Isidro, Lima is a beacon of excellence and a shining example of what constitutes luxurious opulence for frequent international and business travellers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As another reviewer noted, more business than romance. Location is great if you want to be in and around San Isidro. What makes this a 5* for me is the combination of fair price, excellent service and size of the rooms. I spent almost a week there recently on business and felt at home in the room. Good place to work. Walking distance from supermarket (to get some basics). Great restaurants nearby. Some of the best/ coolest in Lima. On check out - I had left my ipad charger in the socket - and before I got into the taxi, one of the staff came running to hand it to me. That does NOT happen in many hotels. Gracias! No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JWDC2012
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel used to be part of the Sofitel chain. Now it evidently isn’t but the interior, quality and service still is high class. It’s mainly a business hotel located in upper-scale, and safe area, of San Isidro. The lobby is elegant as is the décor throughout the hotel. The rooms are well equipped, clean and have comfortable beds. The hotel has a nice gym, swimming pool and sauna on the top floor. Great place to chill out in the evening with views of Lima. The sauna actually works and heats up properly. Breakfast is served to tables and the food is generally good. The only downside is the slightly slow check-in and check-out processes which is typical in all hotels in the region where lots of paper needs to be printed and payment execution takes time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the park in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Rooms are cozy, large and comfortable. There is a good desk with plenty of space to work, although more outlets would be recommendable. The hotel is business oriented and if you are in a travel for pleasure, you can feel yourself out of place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hermes_br
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Nice hotel but of rather old style. At walking distance to at least two supermarkets and to the European Union Delegation premises. Rooms are big. The breakfast is served (no buffet) and the service is rapid and efficient. The announced swimming pool is an open place on the roof. Very small and I was surprised not to find any changing room, showers etc. There is no supervision so better to avoid a heart attack there. Fine place for a short stay and if you do not intend to swim. From the airport I paid 25 USD ("limousine service" ordered in advance, airport taxis ask for 35 USD).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed May 15, 2010

We spent 2 nights

- the staff was excellent and helpful
- we had a very large room; very comfortable
- the location in San Isidro is good for business. It is about 30-40 minutes away from the airport
- we benefited from a promotion price (cheaper than the Lima Novotel)
- access to the internet was free

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple