“Great way to spend a layover”

Peruvian Local Friend
Ranked #5 of 247 Tours in Lima
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer private and customized tours and transfers in Lima, Cusco and Puno. Experience Peru the local way with us and by the hand of our friendly and knowledgeable “Local Friends” visiting the places you are truly interested.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Marbella was an extremely knowledgeable and friendly guide. A great way to learn more about Lima during a layover.

1  Thank Arwen M
There are newer reviews for Peruvian Local Friend

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I were really glad to use Peruvian local friend for our 1/2 day Lima city tour. I was looking for a local tour company, and they were just what we were wanted. I communicated with Sandra through e-mail, and she was very prompt to answer my questions. We met with Rodrigo for our tour in Lima (he showed up at our hotel, on time) and he was so knowledgeable and friendly; he tailored the tour to what we wanted. This was our first full day in Lima, and we hadn't seen any of the city yet. He took us through Barranco, then we decided to catch a cab to downtown and he took us through the city center and San Francisco cathedral to see the catacombs. We also saw the changing of the guards. He told us the best spot for pictures, and even helped me find so wifi so I could tell my Mom we landed safely! At the end of the tour, he helped us find a good local ceviche restaurant to try. Honestly, compared to the time and effort Rodrigo spent, the price for this tour should be higher than it is. This is an incredible deal and a great tour to introduce yourself to the city!

1  Thank Sameera3
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a long layover in Lima before our flight back to the US, so we arranged for a Lima city tour. Mariela was our tour guide and we really enjoyed our time with her. She was very friendly and knowledgeable, while our expert driver, Alberto, kept us alive in the wild Lima traffic. After a delicious lunch, we enjoyed seeing the Museo Larco, the Plaza de Armas, the San Francisco Monastery and a drive through Miraflores (with a quick stop at the "Love Park" to see the El Beso sculpture).

2  Thank Tom H
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spend a wonderful day exploring the sights and sounds of Lima with Sandra and Alonso.
They drove us everywhere, explained the history of Lima with many interesting stories. They are both enthusiastic and their knowledge of the city is remarkable. We had an enjoyable lunch and were introduced to Pisco Sours. Our tour lasted longer than the 8 hours we had planned as there is much to see in Lima. Sandra and Alonso were gracious hosts and a lovely young couple. You will not have a better experience touring with these two "local friends". They even helped us with some other travel arrangements as our Spanish was questionable. They are pros at what they do. Muchas gracias Sandra and Alfonso.

2  Thank Sweetiedog
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife, grown daughter and I stayed in Lima one day at the beginning of our trip to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca. After reading many tour descriptions and reviews on Trip Advisor and elsewhere, we booked an 8 hour tour with Peruvian Local Friends, Sandra and Alonso. From our first contact, they were responsive to my questions and interested in providing us with an excellent tour of the city of their birth. After my questions were answered satisfactorily, reserving the tour was simple - I just deposited the money in our local Wells Fargo bank! On the day of the tour, Sandra and Alonso arrived right on time and off we went for a full day of activity. We drove first along the beaches to the Chorrillos District where they took us into a Metro supermarket and explained to us various meats, vegetables, produce and wine of Peru - most fascinating. Then back in the van and on to the Barranco District to see the wonderful park, the bridge of sighs, and beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean. Next we stopped in Miraflores where we saw the Larcomar mall and the park above it, Kennedy Park and finally Love Park. Along the way we passed the majestic old mansions of a past aristocracy. We paused at the Huaca Pucllana and then into San Isidro and the ancient olive trees first planted by the Spaniards and to La Muralla Park where we all enjoyed a great lunch of Cebiche and Lomo Saltado, with a Pisco Sour of course. At the San Francisco Church and catacombs, we took an English language tour that was amazing! Walking on to the main square of Lima surrounded by grand buildings fitting a capital city. The park was filling up but we felt safe with Sandra and Alonso. The van soon arrived and we were whisked away to our final stop at the Parque de la Reserva - the Magical Fountains: a fitting end to a thrilling day. Although tired, we had a great day with Sandra and Alonso and will wholeheartedly recommend you book them to be your local guides in the city of Lima. Just to be clear, we paid for lunch and the entrance fees to the San Francisco Church tour and the Magical Fountain show - but this had all been stated up front, so there were no surprises.

1  Thank Casparpennsburg