“Brilliant short introduction to Lima”

Peruvian Local Friend
Ranked #5 of 257 Tours in Lima
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer private and customized tours and transfers in Lima, Cusco and Puno. Experience Peru the local way with us and by the hand of our friendly and knowledgeable “Local Friends” visiting the places you are truly interested.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent an afternoon with Alonso and Sandra and they certainly live up to their name as Peruvian Friend. Their tour was interesting, informative and more than anything else it was great fun. They make a great double act.

Went to the restaurant they recommended and had a great meal too.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had a few days by myself in Lima. Arranged with Sandra and Alonso for a walking tour of some ancient huacas, then Barranco and dinner. It was wonderful. They prepared what I asked, were very knowledgeable about Lima and Peru, gave me great grounding for the start of my trip. We took taxis and a bus, a true Lima experience. It was like strolling with a couple of friends. And they picked this wonderful restaurant where we shared some traditional Peruvian food. I highly recommend them.

1  Thank bxb52
Reviewed November 14, 2012

A local service rather than like many that are US but make out they are local. This I believe was why it was so detailed,personal,cheaper,& the $'s stay in the country. The information was like walking with a history plus information Professor. I would recommend the service to anyone for one day or to book your hole South American trip.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everyone should have a tour with Sandra&Alonso. Awesome couple. They will show you everything. The good, the bad, the ugly & the hair raising quick church/catacombs intro. They know sooo many things.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just came back from a partial day tour of Lima with Alonso and Sandra. They are extremely warm, interesting, and knowledgeable. The day was flexible and personal. We went to Barranco and central Lima, and along the way had many interesting conversations not only about the history and sights, but about politics, music, food, family life, and more. It was indeed like having local friends who spent the day showing me around. And, I now feel comfortable navigating around Lima by myself, as they showed or told me the basics, e.g., how to use public transit or taxis, where to eat and what foods to try, and so on. I wish there were tours like theirs in every place I have visited.