“Great Experience!”

Hispana Spanish School
Ranked #6 of 17 Classes & Workshops in Lima
More attraction details
Owner description: Hispana Spanish Language School (promoted by Hispana Idiomas) is a Peruvian organization based in Lima which aims to meet the highest standards in teaching Spanish as a second language with a focus on Latin-American and Peruvian culture and in promoting language tourism in Peru among our international students. Our academic department at Hispana comprises of a Director of Studies, an Academic Assistant, and highly qualified Spanish teachers. Our administrative department includes a student services liaison manager, a registrar, and concierge. Hispana Idiomas was legally incorporated in 2004 and is licensed and certified by the local Municipality and the National Institute for Civil Defense to operate as a language school.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I loved it there! It was in a safe area with many businesses in walking distance which was nice when I had a break in the middle of classes. All of the staff I came in contact with was beyond helpful and friendly; they even helped me find places to go in Lima. I booked group lessons but after going through an in-person interview to determine my level of Spanish, I was advised that private lessons would be better for me since I could skip over things I already knew and move at my own pace. This worked out perfectly and I advanced five levels in 59 hours. They were very flexible with scheduling in regards to time and my preferences for professors (sometimes the classes were taught by different professors). They also provided me with lessons for when I returned back home as I chose not to attend school my last day in Peru so I could get ready to travel. I have four hours left of private tutoring that can be redeemed via a Skype lesson. I would definitely recommend this school.

3  Thank Tina G
There are newer reviews for Hispana Spanish School

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We loved this little school! They were so professional, helpful and willing to work with our crazy vacation schedule. It was my kids first visit to Peru (or to any other country for that matter) and I really wanted to take advantage of our time there so I had scheduled for them to attend classes the morning after our late arrival the night before. I was worried that the kids would be too excited and tired to focus but the teacher was so warm and made the class fun for them so that they actually enjoyed the class! The people in the office were so helpful providing us with maps and tourist advice. They looked things up for us and even made calls for on our behalf. I highly recommend this adorable school. It is in an excellent part of Lima. You will have a great time. My only regret is that we didn't have time to have more than a few days of classes for our kids. We just ran out of time. We plan to enroll our kids again when we return to Lima.

2  Thank guava2014
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am in the middle of a Spanish course at the school and am very impressed with both the high quality of the teaching and the friendliness of all the staff. They make you feel very comfortable and relaxed enough to speak the language without fear.
They also organize great after school activities such as Peruvian cooking lessons, Salsa dancing an talks about Peru.
Highly recommended!

2  Thank ajneale
Reviewed November 29, 2013

It is very important to speak spanish today. Just for fun in Latin America or for business in this area of the world (with ca. 600 milion people) the best way to learn this language is in the middle point between Tierra del Fuego and Mexico. I really liked to have classes in Hispana, the school is well located, the teachers are really good and the staff look very friendly.

2  Thank Cassio V
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My two sons (ages 8 & 6) and I spent a week at Hispana Spanish Language School. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have taken Spanish classes in the USA and in Spain, but honestly think this week was the best yet. My professor was patient and encouraging. I also appreciated the focused curriculum, where we concentrated on one key topic each day -- in my past experiences I have felt that too much material is introduced at once making it hard to learn anything well. In addition, I enjoyed learning about Peruvian culture through various lecturas. My sons also enjoyed their time at Hispana; they especially appreciated their teacher's use of games as a learning strategy. We definitely plan on returning to Hispana when we return to Peru in the future.

3  Thank Marnie C