Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM

Reviewed January 18, 2018
DadMe
New York City, New York
via mobile
Great place to learn Spanish!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

from $112.50
from $105.00
from $74.00
More Info
All reviews learn spanish latin america grammar curriculum study teacher intermediate peru
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

I checked out several schools and this school was the best in how it introduced its course plan and teaching methods as well as the outlines in its free textbooks. It has books for every level of Spanish: A1 to C2. Since I am a university professor with an appreciation for effective teaching methods, I knew what I was looking for.

In a private class with Elena for three months in July and August 2017 and January 2018, my Spanish moved from lower intermediate B1 to advance C1. Yes, I can read and write fluently and speak at a comfortable level without struggling. I highly recommend them for serious students who are not just in Peru to party but they care to learn the language.

Many Spanish schools across Latin America lie to students, telling them they will speak fluently in no time. They also tell students that grammar does not matter. It is the latest marketing lie targeted to lazy students who want to learn the whole language of a whole country in three months or less. These schools know they are speaking to and manipulating naive tourists who are afraid of truth and will take the business elsewhere.

This school was honest from the moment I met Freddy at the front desk. He is very polite. The director of the school is also warm and friendly. She assessed my level. The other teachers here are very help and like to talk to allow you to practice. The school explained what was possible within and outside the hours of formal study.

I take the time to write a review because I know there are some of you who really aspire to learn Spanish in a medium that is pedagogically and socially effective.

Good luck. Yes, I could have easily written and spoken this review in Spanish. And the subjunctive in Spanish is now like a piece of cake!

1  Thank DadMe
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I spent 3 weeks here for learning Spanish. I didn't know any Spanish before and only after three weeks I can speak and understand the basics. The teachers are super helpful, patient and can explain their own language in a logical and understandable way. Materials and books are professional too. They also offer cultural activities after classes. Definitely recommend it! Worth the money!

Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I studied Spanish at this school for three weeks. I could understand about the grammar thanks to great teachers :)
There is some teachers who can speak English, so don't worry and hesitate if you can't speak Spanish at all. They will definitely support you (^_^)

Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

I've just completed the 20 hour Spanish for travellers course, I could see my Spanish improving with each lesson dramatically. The staff and teachers were so thoughtful and patient. Really pushing the importance of learning and understanding how the language works. I'm really impressed at how much I got out of it after only 20 hours!

Reviewed August 8, 2016

My son and I went for an extended vacation to Lima and I needed to find activities for my son. I was referred to this little Spanish school in the heart of Miraflores, which turned out to be a great discovery. Fantastic teachers, very accomodating and private classes for all levels, from young kids to adults. Fair prices and an unbeatable location, made my son's trip " One that he will never forget".
Special thanks to his teacher Bibiana!!

1  Thank Mel9616
Reviewed June 2, 2016

An amazing place with a very 'homey' feel to it. The teachers are incredibly nice and always eager to help! The facilities are clean, always tidy and contain all the material you'd need to learn Spanish!

1  Thank GiuliaCamargo
Reviewed February 16, 2016

I have studied in a number of schools in a number of countries. My level is advanced. Sometimes the schools have had problems creating a plan that would improve my level. At Hispana, they were very well organized. There were books, drills and exercises that helped me imprive my knowledge. And i had two different teachers. Both were excellent

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank donadpree
Danila M, Director General at Hispana Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2016

Thank you so much for your review and for trusting Hispana to help you move forward with your advanced Spanish level. We feel honored to receive experienced students of Spanish like you and that you felt satisfied with our organization of your course, study materials and teachers. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2016

I liked the cosy atmosphere of the school, and found all the staff and teachers friendly, helpful and very much trying to accommodate to individual needs. The teachers were encouraging, and I learned a lot. The material was useful as far as vocabulary, grammar and tips about Peruvian culture and lifestyle are concerned.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Anne S
Danila M, Director General at Hispana Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that you learnt a lot of Spanish and tips about Peruvian culture. We hope to have you back in Lima soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

Hispana is a high quality, professional, competent and very friendly place to learn Spanish. After 4 weeks of Immersive, intensive, conversational study, I feel much more confident when interacting with the Spanish-speaking world. I won't be giving any speeches, but I can much more easily understand those speaking around me and have been prepared with a solid foundation onto which to continue my learning. You cannot go wrong here!

Danila M, Front Office Manager at Hispana Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2015

Thank you very much John, It was great to study with you. I am glad you enjoyed your intensive Spanish Program. Hope to see you soon...

Reviewed July 3, 2015 via mobile

I was in Lima for only a week and when I found this school, I was able to take a course the same day I called. The staff is great and very sincere and willing to help in anything. I did an intensive course in three days, and proceeded to purchase a packet so I can continue when I return to the states. They offer Skype sessions.
Definitely recommend to anyone with any level of spanish.
Thank you!!!

Danila M, Front Office Manager at Hispana Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2015

Cynthia we are very grateful for the opportunity we had to study with you, I am sure Skype lessons will be great too.

Best regards,