“Warm, Homely, Welcoming”
Review of Lima Backpackers

Lima Backpackers
Ranked #2 of 349 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at Marco's hostel/home at the end of a 9 month trip and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my final couple of days in South America. Marco is so friendly and helpful, he gave me a warm welcome when I arrived at 5.30am and printed a number of maps for me the next day to help me find my way around the local area as well as the city centre. I stayed in a small, peaceful, well-equipped dorm room, had a lovely breakfast with a variety of local jams (I especially liked the sweet chilli jam!) and pisco sours the night before my flight. The perfect way to end my trip, thanks Marco!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thanks for choosing our hostel for your last days in Lima. It was our pleasure to meet you. Safe travels and if you come back to Lima let us know.

There are newer reviews for Lima Backpackers

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Lima Backpackers Hostel was our first stop on our travel in South America and we stayed here for a week. We arrived around 3 in the morning, not knowing what to expect, and Marco was up waiting for us and we sat talking for a while. This hostel feels more like your home where Marco helps you with anything you need, he is so kind and happy. He made us breakfast, printed maps with all the info you might need and also helped us find out what to do in the nights. The hostel is situated in a quite quiet area but with walking distance to Plaza de Flores where you can take all the buses. There are not too many rooms but they are the nicest and cleanest we ever saw on the trip. I really recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thanks for your review. It was a pleasure to meet you. Safe travels and if you are back in Lima let us know. Best regards.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

had a really enjoyable stay in hostel. Marco is a great host, gives you great tips, maps. It is a homely, social hostel, clean, good central location to explore Miraflores & Barranco....best of all a great breakfast. if you are looking for a homely place & a good atmosphere, worth checking out :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your kind review. We enjoyed hosting you as well. Safe travels and come back soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I believe the fact that Marco took a few years before he decided that he was fully prepared to open a hostel is sign enough of how much thought went into Lima Backpackers Hostel. Rather than staying at a "hostal," it really feels like you're crashing a good friend's flat and you get the awesome privilege of picking his brain about the city.

I arrived in Lima super early by bus but Marco welcomed me in to some tea, the amazing computer and WiFi, and even offered up a snack that he had cooked up so that the guests leaving that morning could try some local cuisine. Later, he asked what I had planned for the day and sat with me for a good thirty minutes to draw out my convoluted itinerary (Lima in one day!) on a map, offer restaurant suggestions, and (muy importante!) write down for me how much a taxi should cost from one point to another. He asked if I was a foodie. Boy, was I in for a treat. Marco continues to explore new suggestions by locals and was able to suggest an amazing homey place for dinner.

The apartment was immaculate and one of the most comfortable places I've been. Though the hostel has a home-like feel with a proper dining room and all, all the proper hostel details like individual reading lights and outlets for each bunk bed were there. Would definitely, definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thanks for your comments. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your full day in Lima and that you liked our hostel. It was very nice to meet you. Come back soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

A hostal with added value. It is a small hostal with 8 beds, so you are treated as a person, not a number. The rooms are clean, the shower warm and the location relatively safe. You are well taken care of, including super cocktails, good breakfast, incredible wifi, maps, tips and Marco will often join to cool places (food and activities) if you want. Pitty I was only here for two nights. The location is not in a hotspot center, but close enough. Not the cheapest of the cheapest, but you get a lot for it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thanks for your review. Continue enjoying your traveling and let us know if you come back to Lima. Safe travels!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really loved my experience in this hostel. I felt like staying with friends in a good neighbourhood of Lima. Marco, the owner, helps you with everything you need and provides you with plenty of maps, guidebooks, touristic information and personal advices. Location is good, close to Miraflores and Barranco, though you will have to take taxis (short rides) and buses sometimes given the big size of the city. Breakfast includes natural orange juice, coffee, and tasty breads with butter and a selection of jams. You will probably also have the opportunity of taste Pisco cocktails home-made prepared by Marco.
Thank you for all your kindness Marco, you're a wonderful host... Hugs from Colombia! Monica P.

• Stayed: April 2013
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thanks for your review and glad that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. Safe travels, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Oh, the wonderful Lima Backpacker´s Hostel, it is the only reason I am still traveling! After almost two months alone in South America I really started to feel run down and homesick. When I arrived in Lima I had all but convinced myself that a flight back home to California was the only solution. But I stayed at Marco´s for 5 days and it completely recharged my batteries so I could keep going on this amazing adventure.

LBH is a home away from home for everyone who stays there. The other travelers who were there at the time raved about it being the most amazing hostel they have ever been to, and I definitely agree. Marco bends over backwards to make it a great experience, and you will not be disappointed.

Amazing, fresh homemade cocktails most nights and delicious fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning was just the icing on the cake. You don´t want to miss this place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank growsomething
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks for your kind review. We are very glad that you enjoyed staying with us. It was really nice to meet you. Safe travels and come back soon!