“Just like staying with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lima Backpackers

Lima Backpackers
Ranked #2 of 324 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Just like staying with friends”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The first thing you'll notice is the very personal level of service and the homely atmosphere. Super clean and a nice place to relax or use as a base to explore the city from.

This was my last stop before returning to Europe and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Marco went out of his way to help anyway he could. He even took us to his local Ceviche hot spot for lunch one day! And he is frequently showing of his excellent cocktail-making skills :)

While not located amongst all the action of Miraflores, you are situated within walking distance of both Miraflores and Barranco, approximately half way between both. There are shops and restaurants nearby and the Metrobus is about 10mins walk.

All in all, I can only recommend you pay Marco a visit!

• Stayed March 2013
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for your review. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon. Cheers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Aalen, Germany
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at Lima Backpackers on two occasions during my recent South America trip through Peru and Bolivia as a single traveller.

The first time after I arrived in Lima from Europe and the second time before I had to take my flight back home.

The location is a bit off the main tourist destinations, but public transport in Lima is cheap and works very well, so you'll get around effortlessly and in time. And you'll be able to sleep very well, as the noise levels in the neighboorhood are quite low and the beds are very comfy, even in the dorms where I was sleeping.

I have to say, I had an amazing time at Lima Backpackers due to a good bunch of fellow travellers around and first and foremost the amazing host, Marco.
He has maps available to help you navigate Lima and on occasions he'll also accompany you and show you around and even go out at night with his guests, after mixing some amazing drinks like his Pisco sours and Maracuja Sours.
The hostel is very cozy and the very relaxing atmosphere makes you feel like you're at home.
All the rooms are very clean and you get lockers as well. The bathroom is clean and the shower is amazing with lots of space and hot water.
Included is a nice breakfast with fresh orange juice, bread buns, butter and jam and also coffee or tea if you like. Marco also offers you free filtered tap water from the kitchen sink.
There is also free WiFi available and you can access a computer with internet connection in the living room.

All in all, Lima Backpackers is an amazing place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to spend some time in the capital of Peru.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us. We also hope that you enjoyed our city, Lima, and Peru in general. Safe travels and come back soon. Cheers.
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Lima backpackers hostel was great, the owner Marco was very welcoming and helpful and did everything possible to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

The bed was comfortable, the hostel was always clean and was perfect to just chill in, Marco also made Pisco Sour's on a couple of occasions for myself and other guests which is a really nice thing to do considering the majority of other hostels are very impersonal.

Would recommend highly :)

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time at our hostel; we also enjoyed hosting you. Safe travels and keep in touch.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lima backpackers is truly a gem in the busy city of Peru. I have traveled to many countries and stayed in countless numbers of hostels all over the world and I can guarantee you that you will not stay in a hostel as AMAZING as Lima Backpackers'. There are so many hostels in Lima and it can get very daunting to find a place BUT let me do the hard work for you: SELECT LIMA BACKPACKERS! Done and done.

This is not your typical hostel- it is a furnished apartment with several rooms, kitchen, dining room, living room, and two bathrooms. Importantly, it is VERY CLEAN! Let me repeat that once more- IT IS SPANKING CLEAN (including the bathroom)! It really feels like a home. In your room, you get a personalized locker for storage of luggage/ passports; there is also a computer for internet w/ mic (for skype calls). Breakfast is served daily (bread with fresh jams, teas/ coffees/ orange juice). In addition, it is a small hostel (approx 5-8 people on a given night) which especially makes it intimate. You will meet people from all over the world and make lasting friendships!

The apartment is situated halfway between Miraflores and Barranco; very accessible by taxi (cost is approx 4 US dollars each way to either destinations). It is very close to bakery shops, restaurants (ground floor of the apt, Marco's brother owns a restaurant/ bar), and grocery shops. A question that most people have- Is the neighborhood safe? YES!

Let me not forget about Marco, the owner of the hostel- he is truly a remarkable man: compassionate, understanding, and intelligent. He lived in the US for several years so he speaks fluent english. He really cares about the travelers and attends to all concerns that they may have. During my stay, he essentially mapped out by whole trip itinerary w/ recs of places to visit, places to eat, etc. Unfortunately, I only stayed for two nights; however, I plan on coming back soon. Thanks Marco for everything!!

I hope I addressed lot of the questions/ concerns travelers may have. I recommend Lima Backpackers to everyone who are planning on staying in Lima.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Thomas L
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing review. Comments like yours motivate us to keep improving our customer service day by day. Safe travels and come back soon.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hostel is awesome!!
It is a perfect place for retreat after a tiring day in Lima. We felt like being home for a while. Very nice people (especially Marco:)), calm,clean and nicely done up rooms, clean kitchen...everything we needed to feel wellcome and comfortable! Thank you for everything!
Greetings from Maria and Antonia

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time at our hostel. We also enjoyed having you with us. Take care and keep in touch.
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at Marco's place for only one night (unfortunately). It really felt like a way of coming home, when you enter the door. Marco was extremely friendly and helpful! The computer/internet for free use is very fast. Our two bed room was really nice and the whole apartment was very clean.
Don't believe taxi drivers, who tell you that the area is not safe and would like to drive you to their friends hostel.
We really recommend this hostel for a stay in Lima!

• Stayed February 2013
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks for your nice review. We are really glad that you liked our hostel. Let us know if you come back to Lima. Safe travels.
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hostel is the best in my mind,because Marco furnished and decorated like a home,a warm home,it's really different from others. And,Marco is a guy witty and friendly,on his place.we talked with all the friends,he can offer all information that we need,and give many advice to visit the Lima city.It was a special experience in Lima,I love the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marco P, Owner at Lima Backpackers, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. We are glad that you liked our hostel and that you enjoyed your time in Lima. Take care and hope to see you again.